SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: SL600 RENNtech ECU upgrade & the factory limited warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
360 Spider
SL600 RENNtech ECU upgrade & the factory limited warranty?

To those who have the RENNtech ECU/Trans upgrade on the SL600:

How does the upgrade affect your factory 4 year/50,000 mile limited warranty from Mercedes-Benz?

If the check engine light comes on, a turbo breaks down, anything related to the engine or gearbox actually...will the dealer give you a hard time fixing it under warranty? Does this vary dealer to dealer (I hope not)? Do you have to get MBUSA involved?

I'm assuming they will know the ECU has been re-flashed since there will be 3 shifting modes & not the standard 2. Plus, I would like to add the RENNtech badge on the passenger side of the trunk.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL500 and A-CLASS
It depends on your dealer. My dealer will not fix anything on my SLK because of the accident. But another dealer will fix my SLK under warranty.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:53 AM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Unless your dealer is a Renntech dealer as well, they will not put anything in writing that says the mod will be covered under the original warranty. Don't believe what you read. Renntech is a seperate company. That said, my service advisor said they don't go looking for flashed ecu's when cars come in for repair so chances are it will never be seen but I would leave off the badge.