SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: 2007 SL550 problems, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2007 SL550 problems, any suggestions?

Sorry for the repost, put it in the wrong forum...

I have a 07 SL 550 w/ AMG & Premium Pkg 1. As some may remember I had a 2004 CLK 500, which was a total lemon. Sadly I'm already having issues with this >3,000 mile car. I have an appointment at the dealer this Thursday but I thought maybe you all could give me some advice.

1. Two days ago the driver's rear window would no longer nudge down/up when the door was opened/closed. The rear window will still go up and down but doesn't "seal" so I have awful wind noise. The windows are tinted but were done 3 months ago. I have tried "re-syncing" by holding the window buttons for several seconds, put the top up and down etc with no luck.

2. The trunk has had two issues. Sometimes I will close it and the motor, which locks the lid tighter, will not engage. Other times when the motor does work I will get in my car only to see my dash light up red that the trunk is not fully closed. I open and close it one or two times and all is well.

3. When the top & windows are up and no music or AC on I hear a rattle in the passenger side rear (I think). Anything I should look for?

4. In situations when I'm parking and need to turn the wheel all the way in either direction I hear a "twaaang" like sound. Much like a spring that was too tight. Is this normal?

I hate to think this is the start to another hassle with Mercedes. I did some searching and didn't find anything that touched on these issues. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350, '03 H-D FXDL
Elon,
Since we didn't offer any suggestions or ideas in response to your post, one can assume we haven't experienced these same problems on our SLs...at least not yet.
It would still be useful to know what problems were discovered and the fixes your dealer was able to accomplish for you -- a sort of "lessons learned" report would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Sgooter