SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Rear AMG (smoked/red) Taillights and Third Brake Light??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 SL 500, 09 R350, 09 E63, 2010 Prius
wow, heated debate on this thread! Good to have an exchange of opinion! look what you started Johnny! As for Cy0811, yes, the lights were AMG to start with, just tinted them. I had wanted to just tint my stock tails but my custom guy said it was too much trouble so I shelled out the doe to get the AMG lights. I don't know if it will look cheezy because I have never seen one done right. But, they are the same shape so if you are good at painting it, why not?
AS for some people who liken this upgrade in parts as "poser..." well, I think the real posers are the ones that put badges on the cars that don't belong. For looks, it's just aesthetics, like a boob job or a face lift. It's not a crime to look like Eva Langoria or Byonce, but it's a crime when you try to pose as one!
Jonny, sent you an email on the details of the tail light!
nice to see life back on this board!
Old 11-16-2006, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Originally Posted by MMM430
Lets call a spade a spade here gentlemen....AMG lenses on your SL 500......throw on some bogus Badging for good measure!

And you give me the "GO AMG or GO HOME" crap.....? Really?

Have fun droppin 800 bones on tail lights smart guy...I'll spend the $800 elsewhere I think...
Awwww are we cranky today... hop in you 20K old school benz with ghetto tail lights and go away.

Oh and home slice, I wouldnt dream of sticking emblems on my car claiming its something its clearly not. When it comes to selling a car its better that any aftermarket mods are factory ones, hence the reason for AMG parts.
Your car with its retarded looking tail lights would be hard to sell, as it looks like a punkass kid owned it... oh I forgot you are a punkass kid.

Also the lights are $598, retail is just over $800 and if $800 is a fortune to you then maybe you should get a Civic. I hear those Altezza taillights are very cheap.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:40 PM

'00 CLK430 & '08 Lexus RX 350
Wow....what a dick

Originally Posted by lorinserbenz
Awwww are we cranky today... hop in you 20K old school benz with ghetto tail lights and go away.

Oh and home slice, I wouldnt dream of sticking emblems on my car claiming its something its clearly not. When it comes to selling a car its better that any aftermarket mods are factory ones, hence the reason for AMG parts.
Your car with its retarded looking tail lights would be hard to sell, as it looks like a punkass kid owned it... oh I forgot you are a punkass kid.

Also the lights are $598, retail is just over $800 and if $800 is a fortune to you then maybe you should get a Civic. I hear those Altezza taillights are very cheap.
"Home slice" ? .... "oh I forgot you are a punkass kid." ?

I'm sorry, I don't believe we have met.

I am 35 years old ... clearly not as old as many SL owners.....I'd guess many or most are 45+, but as for my "20K old school benz with ghetto tail lights" ... I bought this car when I was about 29 years old and I was and still am loving it and its 63,xxx miles, ghetto / punkass tail lights and all.

I tinted my tails b/c I liked the idea...nothing more.....had nothing to do with AMG. If you wanna spend your $, regardless of the amount, I'm not here to stop ya. Enjoy yourself. My intentions in posting on this board was to offer an alternative to spending that kind of money for tail lights.

But don't go on boards and start clowning on peoples cars or their age or start callin people names.....its weak. It's clear in your post that you fancy yourself as some sort of comedic bully...I am sure everyone here is impressed.

That's all from the "20K old school benz with ghetto tail lights".

Aside to seattlefreak....I stand corrected....it was not my intention to insinuate that you could purchase quality performance MODs for the same money ($800).

Last edited by MMM430; 11-16-2006 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:08 PM

Your CLK430 has an AMG body kit and AMG wheels that added about $6,000 to the price of the car. And yet, you are calling out someone that wants AMG taillights on their car.. need i say more?

and for your information.. we're not all 45+ as you put it.. there was an age survey and the average age of people on this forum that have SLs is less than your age.

I'm 27 and have had the car for 3 years now, so it has nothing to do with age in this matter. If you come in this forum to criticize people, one must not throw rocks in glass houses.

"Home slice" ? .... "oh I forgot you are a punkass kid." ?

Aside to seattlefreak....I stand corrected....it was not my intention to insinuate that you could purchase quality performance MODs for the same money ($800).
Old 11-16-2006, 04:57 PM

none
Originally Posted by seattlecarfreak
Your CLK430 has an AMG body kit and AMG wheels that added about $6,000 to the price of the car. And yet, you are calling out someone that wants AMG taillights on their car.. need i say more?

and for your information.. we're not all 45+ as you put it.. there was an age survey and the average age of people on this forum that have SLs is less than your age.

I'm 27 and have had the car for 3 years now, so it has nothing to do with age in this matter. If you come in this forum to criticize people, one must not throw rocks in glass houses.

Well said...
Old 11-16-2006, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by erichen
wow, heated debate on this thread! Good to have an exchange of opinion! look what you started Johnny! As for Cy0811, yes, the lights were AMG to start with, just tinted them. I had wanted to just tint my stock tails but my custom guy said it was too much trouble so I shelled out the doe to get the AMG lights. I don't know if it will look cheezy because I have never seen one done right. But, they are the same shape so if you are good at painting it, why not?
AS for some people who liken this upgrade in parts as "poser..." well, I think the real posers are the ones that put badges on the cars that don't belong. For looks, it's just aesthetics, like a boob job or a face lift. It's not a crime to look like Eva Langoria or Byonce, but it's a crime when you try to pose as one!
Jonny, sent you an email on the details of the tail light!
nice to see life back on this board!
LOL.....yeah it seems like theres alot more life on this board lately dont it? As for starting what??? I just was asking simple questions....hahaha.

People do have a point though...on a car like this you cant go cheap. I finally realized that thanks to everyone on here. $800 is not a bad deal for cosmetics purposes. And if Im doing it and people are calling me a poser....so be it. Its not like Im putting a damn SL55 badge on it or something. I just really like the way the AMG rear lights look over the SL500. I second what erichen posted. The real posers are the ones that badge there cars something they are not. Trust me I saw alot of BMW's posing M3 badges when they werent. Either way....whatever makes people happy is what it comes down too.

Got the e-mail....Thanks for the info and I sent a reply back at ya!
Old 12-08-2006, 05:36 AM

SL500
Lets call a spade a spade here gentlemen....AMG lenses on your SL 500......throw on some bogus Badging for good measure!

And you give me the "GO AMG or GO HOME" crap.....? Really?

Have fun droppin 800 bones on tail lights smart guy...I'll spend the $800 elsewhere I think...