SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: would the radia code effect this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would the radia code effect this?

Will the radio code effect the soft top? becouse its asking for the radio code and my top wont work .

well this is what happened i removed the hard top and then i tried to close the soft top then it came up but wouldnt clip on to the top of the winshield clips so i put it down and it wouldnt come back up and now the rollbar is up and wouldnt come down and when i press the button to close the soft top now nothing happens and all this in under 30 seconds!!! bad luck for a new car.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350, '03 H-D FXDL
Originally Posted by tjobeid
Will the radio code effect the soft top? becouse its asking for the radio code and my top wont work .

well this is what happened i removed the hard top and then i tried to close the soft top then it came up but wouldnt clip on to the top of the winshield clips so i put it down and it wouldnt come back up and now the rollbar is up and wouldnt come down and when i press the button to close the soft top now nothing happens and all this in under 30 seconds!!! bad luck for a new car.
First, I believe you need to place your post in the R-129 series forum, not in this R-230 forum. Once there, do a search on "radio code" and you'll see a post regarding a convertible top problem. About mid-way down in that thread is reply post that provides some advice about disconecting your battery, cycling your power windows, etc. It may be just what you're looking for. Good luck -- and let us know if it works for you.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sgooter
First, I believe you need to place your post in the R-129 series forum, not in this R-230 forum. Once there, do a search on "radio code" and you'll see a post regarding a convertible top problem. About mid-way down in that thread is reply post that provides some advice about disconecting your battery, cycling your power windows, etc. It may be just what you're looking for. Good luck -- and let us know if it works for you.
well im sorry but i think i did post it ther but no posts came back, so i thought i would try in diffrent places. O and btw im new to the forums o i didnt know i was suppose to post it ther.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350, '03 H-D FXDL
Originally Posted by tjobeid
well im sorry but i think i did post it ther but no posts came back, so i thought i would try in diffrent places. O and btw im new to the forums o i didnt know i was suppose to post it ther.
Sorry if my reply sounded dictatorial about where you should post your question. My intent was to say "you need to place your post in the R-129 series forum"...in order to take advantage of the expertise there concerning your SL problems. No offense meant. Good luck in finding a solution.