SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: wheels: chrome lip - black face - white sl - deux

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
seattlecarfreak claims he didn't know they weren't brabus when he bought them.... and thats why he called them brabus.

if HE DID KNOW THEY WERE REPLICAS and he rolled around on the board calling them brabus, then I agree with jl88 and it is pretty cheesy.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
It's no less cheesy to call someone out on it when they have a Corolla.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:56 PM

You obviously didn't read this post. I never said in this post that I had new brabus wheels and that they were $999 wheels with the "brabus monoblock style" so people could identify them, as the black face isn't very viewable in the pictures.

He called me out on "this post" for "balling on a budget" for choosing not to spend $8,000 for brabus wheels and another $1,000 to paint them black on the inside.

Originally Posted by Dogshine
seattlecarfreak claims he didn't know they weren't brabus when he bought them.... and thats why he called them brabus.

if HE DID KNOW THEY WERE REPLICAS and he rolled around on the board calling them brabus, then I agree with jl88 and it is pretty cheesy.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fact: I had my R230 in 2003. Way before any of you even had the inkling to purchase one.

Fact: I lowered my Airmatic/ABC car using the link method back in 2001. Most of you didn't even know what an airmatic was and thought it was some kind of sexual device.

Fact: I provide wholesale auction pricing to anyone that requests it by PM. What kind of services do any of you provide besides self-serving posts by seattlecarfreak that brags about him being 25 years old and having people give him dirty looks.

Fact: My 2003 Corolla is at 61k miles, has never had a problem, and will hold better resale value than any current Mercedes model in existence. My $16.5k car (after tax!) purchase is still worth $10k. Your $120k SL55 (before tax!) is worth $60k. I've come to the realization, way before any of you, that actually owning a Mercedes is a huge waste of time and money. My dealer license at least saves me the headache and costs of sales tax & reg and if I feel inclined to, say, buy a Lambo Gallardo, drive it for a month or two, and then sell it without losing a cent!

Fact: I may be an ***, I am arrogant, and I'm definitely not nice. But I don't LIE.

Next?
Old 01-15-2007, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
i bought a 91 civic to run around in... high five on japanese econoboxes!

anyway. seattlecarfreak, do your thing on the rims, but i would personally not go with a black face... it's just way too common these days. i would go with a nice silver or dark silver face with a polished lip...
good luck with your decision, and i agree with you about not always spending top dollar to get the same thing for less elsewhere. some things i don't skimp on, but i save my money where i can, especially on things like wheels which tend to get changed often.
mind you i'm mad poor, so that's how i roll.

ps i'm loving your bmw, link to more pics??
Old 01-15-2007, 07:02 PM

CLS55
Originally Posted by seattlecarfreak
You obviously didn't read this post. I never said in this post that I had new brabus wheels and that they were $999 wheels with the "brabus monoblock style" so people could identify them, as the black face isn't very viewable in the pictures.

He called me out on "this post" for "balling on a budget" for choosing not to spend $8,000 for brabus wheels and another $1,000 to paint them black on the inside.
I read these posts where you referenced getting your brabus wheels:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=brabus

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=brabus

Last edited by Dogshine; 01-15-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:02 PM

Im going out on a limb here but Seattlecarfreak....there has been a few posts that I have read that you claimed you had Brabus wheels. They were also installed on your car at that time so when you stated you didnt know they were not brabus its kind of hard to believe especially if you know when a wheel has rivets its meaning it should be a 2 piece design. Plus Brabus wheels have a Brabus stamp on the wheels.

If you didnt know that than its not your fault at all. Either way the wheels look good and you did a good choice on the wheels and if you have a reason behind it than its what you think not others. Just dont claim something they are not. Those are real posers!!!

Also I believe in one of my posts or somewhere you were bagging on people for getting anything replica's or fake on especially these kind of cars. You stated on these cars you should get genuine and authentic.

Im not trying to jump on you or anything but just telling you what I have experience on these forums.

No offense but Im just stating my 2cents. By the way....I say do it in black. Ive always liked that look on lighter colored cars.

Last edited by johnny5; 01-15-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:56 PM

Yes that is correct, when I first bought the wheels I thought they were authentic (per se below the individual indicated so, when I purchased them used). They did have the rivets in them and appeared like the Brabus pictures I had seen, although later to find out recently this was not the case. I had never seen Brabus wheels in real life up close, so it was a lack of factual data on the wheels to distinguish them from the authentic ones.

I have no reason to lie. Think about it. Why would I say I bought $999 "brabus style" wheels in this post, but in a previous post, indicate I had real ones? If I had any intention of not telling the truth, wouldn't one think I would say that I simply painted my brabus wheels black or bought real brabus wheels? I didn't know that the used brabus replicas were not authentic, as they were very good replicas.

Regardless, this post has no mention of my previous wheels. It's about the $999 wheels I just purchased, NOT the previous wheels, which I indicated I made a mistake in identifying as authentic brabus wheels several months ago.

Simply because I chose not to spend $9000 on wheels, I was criticized for "balling on a budget". Considering I have three vehicles, which I replace wheels for on a yearly basis almost due to horrible roads here in downtown seattle, it really doesn't make sense to spend $25,000+ a year on quality wheels does it?

In terms of the statement about "bagging" on individuals with replica rims? Where have I done this? If you are going to criticize me for saying something like this, I would sure like to see a post to back this up, as I can't recall ever posting anything along those lines.

---
In regards to the bmw pictures:

Originally Posted by johnny5
Im going out on a limb here but Seattlecarfreak....there has been a few posts that I have read that you claimed you had Brabus wheels. They were also installed on your car at that time so when you stated you didnt know they were not brabus its kind of hard to believe especially if you know when a wheel has rivets its meaning it should be a 2 piece design. Plus Brabus wheels have a Brabus stamp on the wheels.

If you didnt know that than its not your fault at all. Either way the wheels look good and you did a good choice on the wheels and if you have a reason behind it than its what you think not others. Just dont claim something they are not. Those are real posers!!!

Also I believe in one of my posts or somewhere you were bagging on people for getting anything replica's or fake on especially these kind of cars. You stated on these cars you should get genuine and authentic.

Im not trying to jump on you or anything but just telling you what I have experience on these forums.

No offense but Im just stating my 2cents. By the way....I say do it in black. Ive always liked that look on lighter colored cars.
Attached Thumbnails wheels: chrome lip - black face - white sl - deux-bmw.jpg  

Last edited by seattlecarfreak; 01-15-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:08 AM

you people in this forum really make alot of attacks, please stay on subject, this thread should be closed.

on the subject, the black rims look hot, keep them on and just drive more careful.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
JL, I think you should put $8k wheels on the Corolla personally.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by mjr24
I love the rationalization in his quote:

"I've come to the realization, way before any of you, that actually owning a Mercedes is a huge waste of time and money."

Yet... he thinks paying $8,000 for a set of wheels is the only way to go, and calls me out for choosing not to do so by categoritizing me as someone who is "balling on a budget".

Last edited by seattlecarfreak; 01-17-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:35 PM

You seriously that retarded? There's a difference between purchasing a car and modifying it. There are a lot people that buy crappy $3,000 honda civics and spend tens of thousands customizing it. You're suppose to appreciate the time and MONEY put into a car. You, on the other hand, slapped on some fake "Frabus" wheels and claimed they were real authentic. On top of that, you filled this forum with self-masterbatory posts about how you get so much attention and how people hate on you because you drive a "nice" car. Sorry son, you're small potatoes.

The bottom line is you lied. You got caught lying. As much as you try to turn it around on me, I'm not a liar.

Let's go meet up at CEC or Brabus NA down in Newport beach. I'll drive my Corolla or whatever the hell I have in my inventory and you can bring your "ballin" SL55 with fake brabus wheels. Guess who will get laughed at?

Next?
Old 01-17-2007, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by mjr24
This is the only time i'll respond to you because you're just background noise.

I use 20" HRE wheels as coffee tables.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:48 PM

S430
Originally Posted by jl88
Let's go meet up at CEC or Brabus NA down in Newport beach. I'll drive my Corolla or whatever the hell I have in my inventory and you can bring your "ballin" SL55 with fake brabus wheels. Guess who will get laughed at?

Next?
Just had to mention, CEC does actually run Brabus NA now down here in Newport.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:22 PM

Obviously your reading skills are not up to par with others on this board. Do I have to repeat the post about the replica wheels? Interesting how you consider the truth, to be lying.

And what do the black wheels I just purchased and talked about in this post have to do with any of your comments? You criticized me for "balling on a budget" for paying $999 for my wheels, and that is what this post is about.

Of course I would flaunt about paying $999 shipped for new wheels, BUT then in another post I would intentionaly lie about saying I bought $8,000 wheels.

Does that make any sense whatsoever to you? Try reading the posts below redirected to you to understand the situation fully, instead of spending all your time making coffee tables out of HRE wheels.

And in terms of the "respect" you have gained on this forum over the years, it sure is ironic how you do not have one single supporter, yet this immature liar, has countless ones on this post alone.
If only I had your power and respect..

Originally Posted by jl88
You seriously that retarded? There's a difference between purchasing a car and modifying it. There are a lot people that buy crappy $3,000 honda civics and spend tens of thousands customizing it. You're suppose to appreciate the time and MONEY put into a car. You, on the other hand, slapped on some fake "Frabus" wheels and claimed they were real authentic. On top of that, you filled this forum with self-masterbatory posts about how you get so much attention and how people hate on you because you drive a "nice" car. Sorry son, you're small potatoes.

The bottom line is you lied. You got caught lying. As much as you try to turn it around on me, I'm not a liar.

Next?

Last edited by seattlecarfreak; 01-17-2007 at 05:37 PM.