SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: For those with the PULLING to the RIGHT!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
For those with the PULLING to the RIGHT!!!

There has been discussions in the past with people complaining of their cars pulling to the right, mine was doing it ever so slightly and I was accepting that it was the roads being angled as mentioned in the past. Even though it was slight, I felt I was always holding the wheel to the left to keep the car straight. This past week I had them do an alignment on the car, although it was rather expensive the car now rides straight and does not pull to the right at all. I was told that one would be covered under warranty if within 12 months or 12,000 miles. I would recommend getting it especially under warranty to anyone else who is experiencing the same issue.

In addtion to the aligment, they adjust the distronic and also the level of the car.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 SL 500, 09 R350, 09 E63, 2010 Prius
Actually, I have a different ending to my pulling to the right story. Got the 04SL500, car was riding a bit to the right, not bad. Changed the wheels to 20" OZ's with corresponding Michellin Pilot Sport tires... the pull to the right got worse, a lot worse. Did two alignments, no help. Said what the heck, the rest of the car is fine so kept driving. Wheels were changed at around 2000 miles. AT around 15000 miles, the rear tires wore out (see post on the forum with nasty pictures of the steel belt in the tires) I don't drive the car that hard. The front tires were still good so kept going... one day, I went to pick up some toys for my hobby and as I was happily walking out of the store with my toys, I heard a hissing noise... my right front tire was leaking... I said "****, damn nail!" Luckily, my tuner was just around the corner (3 miles away) so I turned on the hazard lights and with 4psi showing in the TPMS ( I think that's the inherent rigidity holding the tire, almost pseudo run-flats since the tires are so thin anyway). Anyways, to make a long story short, my tuner took the tire off to do a courtesy nail repair... guess what, the inside seam of the tire had a 12 inch rip! He thinks it's a manufacturing defect... Got new tires and guess what, no more pulling to the right. The car drives straight as an arrow! Wierd!