SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 SL 500
Question Convert to new Bluetooth puck?

I just purchased a Pre-owned 2004 SL500. It has the Hands-free communication system installed, but no phone.

Is it possible to convert the existing wiring and/or hands-free system to use the 2005+ year cradles? I have a Razr phone on Cingular (GSM), and don't want to switch phones or providers.

Thanks in advance,
Ron
Old 05-02-2007, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55
Talking Here's The Deal!

Originally Posted by Rambler358
I just purchased a Pre-owned 2004 SL500. It has the Hands-free communication system installed, but no phone.

Is it possible to convert the existing wiring and/or hands-free system to use the 2005+ year cradles? I have a Razr phone on Cingular (GSM), and don't want to switch phones or providers.

Thanks in advance,
Ron

Ron,

This is what I went through 2 Months ago... It VERY difficult to upgrade your whole phone system.. I don't even know if your car has the AGW Audio Gateway.

You should have a V60 Cradle.. All you need to get is the Mercedes V60 Bluetooth puck from any Mercedes Dealer About $380.

Plug that in, and pair it with your phone. Check www.wireless4mb.com for compatibilty with your phone... That phone should work But I don't know if it will have full functionality, Address Book, call waiting etc, It has to be a CDMA phone if yours is not, it's not a big deal to upgrade, that's what I did with Verizon.

Good Luck

RoydRage