SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Have to sell 07 SL550 for new home

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Toog4me
I knew something was fishy with this... Sell an SL for a house?
Toog4me: this is the comment that i am talking about
Old 06-14-2007, 04:56 PM

well the title of the thread was "have to sell" and it's an 07 model, so it's pretty new and I just find it funny/strange, esspecialy since you have a clear title and all. + the need to add in "DR" and "MR"
Toog4me: this is another comment that i am talking about, so I DID NOT put words in your mouth, bro!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:58 PM

To me, you are a fool if you call it a "least" instead of a "lease."
Bro, it's a spelling mistake....this is not a spelling contest. Is that the only way you can be right is to correct other spelling mistake?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:02 PM

well the title of the thread was "have to sell" and it's an 07 model, so it's pretty new and I just find it funny/strange, esspecialy since you have a clear title and all. + the need to add in "DR" and "MR"
Check yourself before you wreck yourself ......... it's especially so don't get your panties in the water
Old 06-14-2007, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by dunderhi
...........Also, it was purchased through European Delivery at a discount, so he's looking to recoup close to 100% of his money, including the cost of the second set of 18" wheels. If any of this sounds like I'm talking out my rear, my SL550 is only two months old, has 1700 miles, and I'll let it go for the bargain price of $125,000 - afterall, I went through the trouble of "breaking the engine in" before I hit 255kph on the Autobahn.
who cares where he purchased it? That is his advantage and savings. Go tell the dealer they purchased through European Delivery and you want to pay KBB prices or trade in value because it's been sitting on their lot for too long. Go tell the guy at the pawn shop that he paid wholesale prices from the junkies that bring stuff to him and you want to pay the same prices. No one is not saying that you cannot ask $125K for your car.
As far as "breaking the engine in"......do you want someone to break in your wife before you marry her or do you want to do it? Well, maybe some people like to "break in" their own things.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Originally Posted by super_SL500
If this dude purchased his car for $105K and he wants to ask $100K after several months of ownership then I think this is reasonable. I would prefer to buy it at $100K (if I need one) than to go to the dam dealer and pay $105K. You still would get a saving of $5K in that example, but to low-ball the guy and say $88K.............I mean, come on now. A car depreciating $15 to $20K in a few months is just sick. Yea, the general guidelines want you to think that so they can rip people off since its a business, but put yourself in his situation and imagine if you had bought a car and want to resell it. Wouldn't you want to recover most of the money possible.[/b]
The "Least" I can do is jump in and give my .02 here.
When you purchase just about any car new and drive it off the lot.
20% of its value gets left in the driveway. Its just the way the world is.
And sometimes even more on a Benz. Especially a SL. Too many are made
and they are fairly common. Especially here in So Cali.

In reality its what the market will bear. And a previously owned SL550. Low Miles is going to be hard pressed at $ 90K. The OP needs to understand that the Taxes and the Guzzler and other fees are all going to be his loss. Time to market a high end Benz and complete a private sale can be many months. So back to what the OP said. "I need to sell". That statement alone will reduce the price another 10% for quick sale. Saddly we get emotional when it comes to these cars and the large sums that are lost in depreciation. Thats why the "Lease" makes sense for so many people. The dealer shares in the depreciation curve with the lessse. Or should I say the Leastee........

As a side note. I too am a big dummy. I own both my cars outright.
One less thing to worry about. Having bills and interest expenses.

IMHO:
Part of owning these cars is accepting and affording the deprecation without
whining about it.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:16 PM

2005 S55
My turn .. my turn!!

Well Super SL .. I believe the person who may find your posts the most distasteful is the person who started this thread, since you have hijacked it with your own agenda in mind (psych 101 says the replies he got struck too close to home with your own experiences) ..

True, the rims are not fake and he more than proved himself, and got an apology. Also true that people here are giving him sound advice on the resale of his car .. according to you he can list it for whatever he wants regardless of any market realities .. so you'd probably advise him to go for $200k.

But then those giving real advice are actually thinking he wants to SELL the car, not just list it for no reason, and no sale.

Lastely, did anyone here ask for your input on their opinions? You sure as **** berate everyone for offering theirs, while offering your input on what they have said.

It's a forum to talk about our cars, we seek knowledge from those who have more knowledge than us on a particular subject .. therefore you should be silent on all subjects.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:49 PM

Received 155 Likes on 99 Posts
19 G550, 19 X3
As far as "breaking the engine in"......do you want someone to break in your wife before you marry her or do you want to do it? Well, maybe some people like to "break in" their own things.
Breaking in an engine as a service to a future buyer fits just perfectly along your lines of ill-suited logic. The car would have more value now that is used than when it was new. At least that comment is related to cars. The comment about breaking in my wife just makes you look pathetic and a like flamer. It might be time for a moderator to step in a put out the flame.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by bltserv
..........When you purchase just about any car new and drive it off the lot. 20% of its value gets left in the driveway. Its just the way the world is. In reality its what the market will bear.
That is what the market say, but it's not carved in stone. This is the salesman technique to negotiate. There are always exceptions to the rules and rules are meant to be broken. Just because they tell you mudflaps, doormats and pain protectors are manandatory items does not mean they cannot be removed. I guess since you are swayed with the rest of the market then you do believe in the ***** enlarger pill, right?

So back to what the OP said. "I need to sell". That statement alone will reduce the price another 10% for quick sale.
Maybe one need to make a term/definition black book to help people choose the terms when listing something for sale. I did not know the word NEED is that expensive. What other words are costly. Maybe he should change the NEED to WANT and add 10%. It seems like english is paid more attention to these days than logic.

Thats why the "Lease" makes sense for so many people. The dealer shares in the depreciation curve with the lessse. Or should I say the Leastee........
Well, you have to look at the long run........over the course of 5 or 10 years then what do you end up with. If that is the case then maybe it makes sense to Rent and not Buy your home.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by shaw01
Well Super SL .. I believe the person who may find your posts the most distasteful is the person who started this thread, since you have hijacked it with your own agenda in mind (psych 101 says the replies he got struck too close to home with your own experiences) ..
Maybe it helped to keep it to the top and make it more popular. Psych 101 is for followers not leaders.........it's a general behavioral pattern, it's not saying that is how it is 100% of the time. As for my experience, if I have to sell then I may sell and take a lost and then there are times I will hold out to get what i want..........depending on my situation, bro.

True, the rims are not fake and he more than proved himself, and got an apology. Also true that people here are giving him sound advice on the resale of his car ..
You are beating a dead fly, bro!

.........according to you he can list it for whatever he wants regardless of any market realities .. so you'd probably advise him to go for $200k.
Don't be stupid and unreal, bro. I would not advise him to do something unreal like that.

Yea, its a forum to talk about cars, but not to call people scammers and low ball people. If you have a negative comment for the guy it should be PM not blawb out.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by dunderhi
Breaking in an engine as a service to a future buyer fits just perfectly along your lines of ill-suited logic.
It's an analogy.....it does not have to fit perfect. What do you want me to do, compare it to breaking in another engine?

The car would have more value now that is used than when it was new.
Maybe I am missing something here, but isn't there a big arguement here that the car is worth LESS after its driven off the lot? Now I am being told, it's worth more when used than new. Cool, I guess the OP will get what he is asking for now. Thanks for clarifying that, bro!

The comment about breaking in my wife just makes you look pathetic and a like flamer. It might be time for a moderator to step in a put out the flame.
Don't throw bricks when you are living in a glass house, bro. Maybe you are taking it to the heart and can't sleep now. It's a forum so get a grip of yourself and stop crying.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Per popular request lets get back on topic.

Debate of a point and counterpoint is acceptable. Insults, vague or otherwise, are not.

Do I have to ask if the point got across?

I didn't think so.

Amdeutsch
MBWorld Management Team.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Toog4me: this is the comment that i am talking about
I don't see the word "scammer" anywhere there.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Toog4me: this is another comment that i am talking about, so I DID NOT put words in your mouth, bro!
I believe the quote that you are reffering to has the words "funny" and "strange" in it... You said that I was implying this guy was a scammer. So again, you're ***uming things...
Old 06-14-2007, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Bro, it's a spelling mistake....this is not a spelling contest. Is that the only way you can be right is to correct other spelling mistake?

To say that you are going to "least" a car is not a spelling mistake, it's a grammar problem. To say that someone "least" a car, now that could be a spelling mistake. (See example below of how you used the word). You, my friend, should take grammar 101 again. I mean, again, look at what you wrote above...

you end up with nothing at the end of the least.
As for what I wrote, you are correct for the first time in this thread! What I did is considered a spelling mistake, Bro.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:38 AM

............ You, my friend, should take grammar 101 again. I mean, again, look at what you wrote above...
FYI: I speak four different languages and English not being my primary. You are using english to sway the topic since that is the only way you can be heard. I would rather take grammer than to take Logic 101 which is what you need.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
That is what the market say, but it's not carved in stone. This is the salesman technique to negotiate. There are always exceptions to the rules and rules are meant to be broken. Just because they tell you mudflaps, doormats and pain protectors are manandatory items does not mean they cannot be removed. I guess since you are swayed with the rest of the market then you do believe in the ***** enlarger pill, right?.
Logic says that a car is only new once. You pay for that premium.
Thus the 20% haircut if its not new. Mudflaps, Doormats, and ***** size
are not very good analogies when discussing SL depreciation.

Yes, Our english language can be difficult to learn and understand.
Big difference between. "Need" and "want" or "like".
They show different levels of intention. Thus different prices.
If the OP has time to wait for a buyer at his price he will get a higher price. If he "Needs" to turn the car into cash quickly. He will get a much lower price. Patience is worth money. And with high priced sports cars. It can be a significant sum of money.

One thing is a constant. Cars depreciate. SL`s depreciate faster.
Unless you put it in dry storage for 25 years ! Then go sell it to a collecter as an antique. There again you have the reward for patience.

Last edited by bltserv; 06-15-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
super_sl500, when you report other people's posts as insulting, make sure not to point us to a thread in which you instigated 90% of the insults.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by RBrenton
super_sl500, when you report other people's posts as insulting, make sure not to point us to a thread in which you instigated 90% of the insults.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:53 PM

Black 2008 ML63
FYI: I speak four different languages and English not being my primary. You are using english to sway the topic since that is the only way you can be heard. I would rather take grammer than to take Logic 101 which is what you need.
Dear Super SL 500:

I feel somewhat obligated to try to end this debate since I actually started it by telling you to cool it. You have made a mockery out of this whole thread. Since June 13, you've been out of line, insulting, sarcastic, whiny, defensive, childish, pathetic, rude, abnoxious, critical, overbearing, boring, confusing, ignorant, idiotic, delusional, selfish, and POINTLESS. I'll bet rgra 944 has already sold and bought a couple of cars while you're still playing the role of the public defendant.

My apologies. I would have translated the above in your 4 languages but figured you could use the lesson in english.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by RBrenton
How did I start it? Did you not see them calling the guy's rims fake, assuming he is a scammer and ******* out the price that he ask. I said something about that so they will realize what they are saying...........maybe they do not know since they are caught up in the market.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by bltserv
....... Mudflaps, Doormats, and ***** size are not very good analogies when discussing SL depreciation.
That was not in reference to an SL depreciation. Wake up, bro!
Old 06-15-2007, 09:06 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Old 06-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
How did I start it? Did you not see them calling the guy's rims fake, assuming he is a scammer and ******* out the price that he ask. I said something about that so they will realize what they are saying...........maybe they do not know since they are caught up in the market.

Lets see:

1) I requested a return to the topic which implies to stop: i.e. I issued a warning.

2) Another mod also issue a warning.

3) Continue down this path and you will find yourself on suspension without another warning.

Thank you.

Lets resume prior programming.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:47 PM

2013 SL 550
I don't know about the rims, but a 07 Sl with the options you described and now used should be at least 85K, at most 92K, PLUS the fact that you ruined the entire car by drilling holes in the front for a front plate. NEVER EVER do that again, it's a SIN! There should be a law against this. Would you do this on a Lamborghini too? EVen thought it's the law, I wouldn't do it and cops won't pull you over for it.

Just my 2 cents.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL/R230: Have to sell 07 SL550 for new home