SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Have to sell 07 SL550 for new home

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00 CLK430
Have to sell 07 SL550 for new home

We are building a new home and decided to sell our new SL550. Euro delivery last May, Car has been garaged kept since we picked it up. Never been out in any rain or snow. Ordered Black on Black, AMG package, Premium pk 1&2. Milage 3723. Loaded with everything except the trunk closer and Pano roof I think.We wanted to give this board the first opportunity to purchase the car since we have received so much information on the model before we decided to purchase the 550. Vehicle has 2 set of wheels the original MB wheels and new set of Brabus mono 6 wheels which were purchased for about $4200.00.
Looking for $106,000. OBO. Neg. We have clear title to 550 Pictures can be seen here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rgra944/SL550

email with questions and offers to
rgra944@gmail.com

Thanks,
Mr. Rolando Graham
Dr. Lynette Stokes

Last edited by rgra944; 06-05-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by rgra944
We are building a new home and decided to sell our new SL550. Euro delivery last May, Car has been garaged kept since we picked it up. Never been out in any rain or snow. Ordered Black on Black, AMG package, Premium pk 1&2. Milage 3723. Loaded with everything except the trunk closer and Pano roof I think.We wanted to give this board the first opportunity to purchase the car since we have received so much information on the model before we decided to purchase the 550. Vehicle has 2 set of wheels the original MB wheels and new set of Brabus mono 6 wheels which were purchased for about $4200.00.
Looking for $106,000. OBO. Neg. We have clear title to 550 Pictures can be seen here.

rgra944@gmail.com

Thanks,
Mr. Rolando Graham
Dr. Lynette Stokes
LOL. Are you in insurance?
Old 06-06-2007, 12:46 AM

Couple things:
1) You are off on the resale price. Knock off about 15%-20% and you'll be close.
2) Those are not real Brabus wheels
Old 06-06-2007, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by jl88
Couple things:
1) You are off on the resale price. Knock off about 15%-20% and you'll be close.
2) Those are not real Brabus wheels
I knew something was fishy with this... Sell an SL for a house?
Old 06-06-2007, 09:59 AM

00 CLK430
Wow guys. I understand your statement about the adjustment in the price of the car but saying the wheels are not real confuses me. I have no reason to mislead anyone here. I have the wheel spacers, Brabus center caps and the boxes that they were shipped in. They were purchased from the Cec wheel dearler in CA. Whats fishy about someone who is building a new home and would rather transfer the funds from the sale of an auto and put the funds into a $1mil. home. We already have 2 CLK 430's and 1 Porsche 911. The 550 is just sitting in the garage.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
Car looks sharp...unfortunately you'll be lucky to get $90k for it now...most dealers have one's with 0-little miles on them for the mid $90k's...good luck with the sale
Old 06-06-2007, 02:31 PM

From those pictures, the wheels look like the single piece Brabus style wheels that you can find off of ebay. Search for Moven and you'll see a few examples. The centercaps are interchangeable and it's not hard to find Brabus boxes.

In addition, real Brabus wheels are $1500 per wheel for 19", 1700 per wheel 20" without tires. $4k seems right for inflated replica prices + tires.

Lastly, the typical Brabus wheel setup is a 20x10 or 20x11 in the rear. Yours doesn't look like it's a staggered fitment since the lip is about the same size front and rear.

Take a close picture of the wheel and post it. You can easily tell the difference between real and fake Brabus wheels; real ones are actually multipiece. Fake wheels do not have a gap between the center and the barrel.

I know I come off as condescending majority of the time, but I think you got scammed. Just trying to help you out.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:47 PM

00 CLK430
Front 18x9, Rear 18x10. The streets here are to bad for anything more than 18" unless you like bent wheels. I have chrome 18" AMG monoblock wheels on my CLK 430 and have had to have a few of them repaired. Not fun.
Brabus wheels came with spacers and adapters to mount the MB tire pressure monitors to wheels. We were able to use factory tires. Paid $4200 for wheels alone.
Attached Thumbnails Have to sell 07 SL550 for new home-brabus-wheels-001.jpg   Have to sell 07 SL550 for new home-brabus-wheels-003.jpg   Have to sell 07 SL550 for new home-brabus-wheels-002.jpg   Have to sell 07 SL550 for new home-brabus-wheels-004.jpg   Have to sell 07 SL550 for new home-brabus-wheels-006.jpg  

Last edited by rgra944; 06-06-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:57 PM

2005 SL600, 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
Sell the Porsche and a CLK. Keep the SL.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Wow guys. I understand your statement about the adjustment in the price of the car but saying the wheels are not real confuses me. I have no reason to mislead anyone here. I have the wheel spacers, Brabus center caps and the boxes that they were shipped in. They were purchased from the Cec wheel dearler in CA. Whats fishy about someone who is building a new home and would rather transfer the funds from the sale of an auto and put the funds into a $1mil. home. We already have 2 CLK 430's and 1 Porsche 911. The 550 is just sitting in the garage.
well the title of the thread was "have to sell" and it's an 07 model, so it's pretty new and I just find it funny/strange, esspecialy since you have a clear title and all. + the need to add in "DR" and "MR"
Old 06-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
1) Building that car on MBUSA is about 102.5k based on options you listed
2) Possible credit for your other wheels = ?
3) ~4000 miles

You are way to high on your asking price IMHO
Old 06-06-2007, 10:43 PM

00 CLK430
The car was ordered back in January of 06, Picked up in Germany in May 06. It was ordered like this:

Your Summary

All illustrations and specifications contained in this Web site are based on the latest product information available at the time of posting. Your authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer will verify specifications and determine final pricing and availability.

M.S.R.P.* $95,575

Exterior Color (Metallic paints are standard for this model.)

Black1 $0

Interior Color

Black Leather $0

Wood Trims

Burl Walnut Wood Trim $0

Packages

321 AMG Sport Package $5,430

P2: Premium II $6,650

Gas Guzzler Tax $1,700

Total $109,355

I see your point about my title and the overkill to my ad. I got a little carried away. Price is neg. within reason. We are looking to get a fair market price.

Thanks,

Last edited by rgra944; 06-06-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:15 PM

I stand corrected; those are genuine wheels.

I have people all the time that ask me for trade-in values of cars that are 30 to 60 days old. Most of the time,I refuse to quote them a price because I know they'll get insulted.

If you're looking to unload the car for cash, odds are, you'll be hard pressed to find a dealer that will offer anywhere close to that. You may find a private party, but it's very difficult to beat the lease/finance incentives offered by the manufacturer. Most people that buy these high dollar cars do not own them; you're the exception the the rule.

Either way, good luck with the sale.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:07 AM

Received 167 Likes on 108 Posts
19 X3, 24 Tacoma Trailhunter, 25 CLE53
Edmunds has the estimated resale value of a typical 2007 SL550 at $79,791 after one year of ownership. Adjusting for your mileage and options, I would estimate your resale to be $86-88K (up to $2k for the Brabus wheels but that's probably generous for 18".) The OEM wheels are probably Ebay material.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:20 AM

...Most people that buy these high dollar cars do not own them; you're the exception the the rule.
Hmmm, I leased my GL & purchased my SL. I compared the purchase and lease options for each model, and with the then existing incentives, that's the combo that worked out the best over the 4 years I plan to keep them.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:49 AM

Black 2008 ML63

rgra944@gmail.com

Thanks,
Mr. Rolando Graham
Dr. Lynette Stokes
Unless you are really desparate for cash, don't sell it. You'll take a bath! I am afraid the most you'll end up with will be about 88k and that thru a private party. Its not the car itself, its a matter of supply;there is plenty of it. If you must unload, post it on ebay and Dupont Registry. Best of luck.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:21 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 GLC300 white, 2021 Taycan RWD silver
It doesn't have the wood trim kit, either, but it is a sharp car.

My dealer told me Thursday that there are great manufacturer programs currently on the SL550's- he was encouraging me to trade. He said also that 95% of his SL buyers are leasing, so this creates a challenge for your private party sale.

I think that you should be able to get $85,000.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:08 AM

Most of you are wrong and jump the gun

I think most of you are dead WRONG at how you jump the gun and analyze others.
FIRST: How could you say that his rims are fake just because he got a good price. Pawn Shop owners get a good price every day. He did not ask to analyze his wheels. jl88, now you look like a fool because you called his rims fake and now you agree they are real.
SECOND: Because he put HAVE, MR, and DR in his ad does not mean he is looking to rip someone off. That is just his choosing of words. Maybe the guy wanted to be professional.
THIRD: It's his car and he can ask what the hell price he wants to ask. Now, regardless if it sells or not then that is his business. He simply list his car for sale here, not for analysis.
For you guys to sit here and say, most people will least and not buy........... you do not know what most will do. You only know what YOU and maybe some of your friends will do. You have someone that might come out and want to spend that kind of cash. To me, you are a fool if you least........you end up with nothing at the end of the least. Leasing is a temporarily solution to drive something nice.
For you to say he can only get $88,000 and the dealer will only pay this and that is stupid. He is not at the dealer so who cares what the dealer will pay. If he wanted to know that then we would go there. Dealers always try to low-ball people to make a large profit. Edmund and KBB is a GUIDE........it's not a value carved in stone.
If this dude purchased his car for $105K and he wants to ask $100K after several months of ownership then I think this is reasonable. I would prefer to buy it at $100K (if I need one) than to go to the dam dealer and pay $105K. You still would get a saving of $5K in that example, but to low-ball the guy and say $88K.............I mean, come on now. A car depreciating $15 to $20K in a few months is just sick. Yea, the general guidelines want you to think that so they can rip people off since its a business, but put yourself in his situation and imagine if you had bought a car and want to resell it. Wouldn't you want to recover most of the money possible.

I do not know this guy, but I think most of you made a comment that would come from someone's rear
Old 06-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by super_SL500
I think most of you are dead WRONG .....
Are some of these comments based on the attempted sales, over the years, of your SL: link1, link2?

I noticed a asking price drop of $19000 (20%) between 06-05 and 03-04.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:24 AM

Black 2008 ML63
FIRST: How could you say that his rims are fake just because he got a good price. Pawn Shop owners get a good price every day. He did not ask to analyze his wheels. jl88, now you look like a fool because you called his rims fake and now you agree they are real.
SECOND: Because he put HAVE, MR, and DR in his ad does not mean he is looking to rip someone off. That is just his choosing of words. Maybe the guy wanted to be professional.
THIRD: It's his car and he can ask what the hell price he wants to ask. Now, regardless if it sells or not then that is his business. He simply list his car for sale here, not for analysis.
For you guys to sit here and say, most people will least and not buy........... you do not know what most will do. You only know what YOU and maybe some of your friends will do. You have someone that might come out and want to spend that kind of cash. To me, you are a fool if you least........you end up with nothing at the end of the least. Leasing is a temporarily solution to drive something nice.
For you to say he can only get $88,000 and the dealer will only pay this and that is stupid. He is not at the dealer so who cares what the dealer will pay. If he wanted to know that then we would go there. Dealers always try to low-ball people to make a large profit. Edmund and KBB is a GUIDE........it's not a value carved in stone.
If this dude purchased his car for $105K and he wants to ask $100K after several months of ownership then I think this is reasonable. I would prefer to buy it at $100K (if I need one) than to go to the dam dealer and pay $105K. You still would get a saving of $5K in that example, but to low-ball the guy and say $88K.............I mean, come on now. A car depreciating $15 to $20K in a few months is just sick. Yea, the general guidelines want you to think that so they can rip people off since its a business, but put yourself in his situation and imagine if you had bought a car and want to resell it. Wouldn't you want to recover most of the money possible.

I do not know this guy, but I think most of you made a comment that would come from someone's rear
Wow slow down there super sl 500.....take a deep breath...
Its interesting how in one post you managed to attack us for giving our honest opinions on a subject and immediately went on to freely offer your own wisdom on the same subject! Rather oximoronic, would you not say?
I assume you just like us, "dead WRONGS" log in here to read about and share own experience. If so, what do you find so offending with people trying to provide realistic opinions on the price of a car? jl88 did say he stood corrected for his first reply but he never implied rgra 944 was scamming anyone. He said he thought he might have gotten scammed when buying the wheels. rgra 944 posted something and received various responses, none of which I know he had hoped to hear. If nothing else, I hope he at least realized what to expect to get for his car. At the end, he would sell the car for the best price he gets regardless of what any of us "dead WRONGS" think or say here.
Relax and enjoy the site....
Old 06-13-2007, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Are some of these comments based on the attempted sales, over the years, of your SL: link1, link2?
I noticed a asking price drop of $19000 (20%) between 06-05 and 03-04.
This is not about my sale.......stick to the current thread. If your girlfriend/wife cheated on you today and you found out then should she dwel on the fact that you did something wrong two years ago to justify what she did today? My situation and his situation is different. I may have had financial problems at the time and looking for an alternative solution. Also, mine may have been several years old as opposed to several months old.

bijan I did not offer my opinion about the sale of this car. I was simply expressing the ignorance displayed by the comments made in regards to his post. The guy did not ask for honest opinion about his sale.....he simply list his car for sale...if you want it then respond and if you don't then shut the hell up. What are you trying to do, convince him why he should sell cheaper? I never said jl88 said the guy was scamming anyone, did I?
However, Toog4me is implying that this deal seems fishy and something is not right about it as if they guy is trying to scam someone. Read his comments and you will see what i am talking about.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Toog4me is implying that this deal seems fishy and something is not right about it as if they guy is trying to scam someone. Read his comments and you will see what i am talking about.
You put those words into my mouth.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S

To me, you are a fool if you call it a "least" instead of a "lease."
Old 06-14-2007, 12:48 AM

This is funny, especially the last part in bold. This whole rant is based on a car that, as posted, is over a year old, not a couple of months old. It was posted in the SL Forum & not the classified forum, so IMHO it's fair game for comments & advice. Also, it was purchased through European Delivery at a discount, so he's looking to recoup close to 100% of his money, including the cost of the second set of 18" wheels. If any of this sounds like I'm talking out my rear, my SL550 is only two months old, has 1700 miles, and I'll let it go for the bargain price of $125,000 - afterall, I went through the trouble of "breaking the engine in" before I hit 255kph on the Autobahn.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL500 and A-CLASS
I stand corrected; those are genuine wheels.

I have people all the time that ask me for trade-in values of cars that are 30 to 60 days old. Most of the time,I refuse to quote them a price because I know they'll get insulted.

If you're looking to unload the car for cash, odds are, you'll be hard pressed to find a dealer that will offer anywhere close to that. You may find a private party, but it's very difficult to beat the lease/finance incentives offered by the manufacturer. Most people that buy these high dollar cars do not own them; you're the exception the the rule.

Either way, good luck with the sale.

I guess I am an exception. All my cars are paid for.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL/R230: Have to sell 07 SL550 for new home