SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Oil leak............

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL500 2005 G55
Oil leak............

I was pulling out of a parking lot the other day and driveway had a big bump when you were pulling out......kinda of like a hill (very confusing to explain) Anyways later when I got home I parked my car in the driveway but later when I went to pull it in the garage I saw oil on the ground and its been leaking alittle bit ever since (I must of scrapped the oil pan while coming out of the parking lot). Im scared to bring it to the dealer because they might blame me for hitting it because of the RENNtech lowering module. Does anyone think the dealer won't cover it under warranty??? I heard dealers come down hard on aftermarket stuff and find exuse's not to cover stuff under warranty
Old 07-20-2007, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Guido1986
I was pulling out of a parking lot the other day and driveway had a big bump when you were pulling out......kinda of like a hill (very confusing to explain) Anyways later when I got home I parked my car in the driveway but later when I went to pull it in the garage I saw oil on the ground and its been leaking alittle bit ever since (I must of scrapped the oil pan while coming out of the parking lot). Im scared to bring it to the dealer because they might blame me for hitting it because of the RENNtech lowering module. Does anyone think the dealer won't cover it under warranty??? I heard dealers come down hard on aftermarket stuff and find exuse's not to cover stuff under warranty
Dealers are *****s when it comes to warranty and fixing things. They rather blame something and not do it and have you pay for it. Im pretty positive they will say something about height and its your fault and will not cover it and on top of that if they really want to be *****s they could void warranty on it.

If your capable jack up the car and take off the under panel and take a look underneth it. If there is no markings on it showing any kinds of damage done to it than I would maybe consider taking it in as you can always state it was a bad seal or something. Try that and keep us posted if you see anything and go from there.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:26 AM

I think this would be pretty easy to tell if the oil pan was damaged by the bump because the underneath of the car is covered by the underbody shield and it would be busted up pretty good if this happened. I had an oil leak and it was around the rear main seal. It was fixed under warranty.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
make sure it is not trans fluid. there is a elect. switch seal that is under warranty that leaks from the trans. happened to my 03 s55.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:43 AM

CLS55, S550
Lowering module

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/PDF/...0_SL_2003_.pdf

Look in the RENNtech owner manual, you can shut the lowering module off and the car will go back to stock ride hight.