SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Purchased 2004 SL500 off eBay w/BUY IT NOW price of $37,900-Now Seller Refuse to Sell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Purchased 2004 SL500 off eBay w/BUY IT NOW price of $37,900-Now Seller Refuse to Sell

All I can add is..good luck on this. I would recommend keep searching for your dream car !! (I have an SL600). I say this because after living in Miami for 4 years, good luck getting resolution on anything. DMV is worth crap, so are the lawyers, cops everything else. They will give you an answer to get you out of their hair. I have tried for a year to get my registration corrected from a "mercury" (DMV abbr. MZ) to a "Mercedes" (some other abbr.). I also had a body shop paint my last benz bumper (CLK) metallic black not the regular non-metallic black..then told me he gave me a good deal. People in Miami that dont have anything dont respect those of us that do. I also had a trooper damage another car I had (a Jaguar), with a traffic control cone and after many hours of them being RUDE TO ME, their damn lawyers at the State of FL office offered to settle for half of the costs to repair!! Most corrupt city in the country I bet outside of New Orleans. I also had a shop that did not have the right size HID replacement bulbs, and "glued" the wrong size bulbs in the car!!..then lied when I asked why it kept vibrating..they said it was a "spring" attached to it. I would expect a city full of immigrants to be a little more thankful about their opportunity to live in a country my ancestors owned (Native Americans) and built (African Americans). ..save your energy friend!!
Old 04-23-2008, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Well wellllll said my friend!!!!!

Originally Posted by PNOTY96
All I can add is..good luck on this. I would recommend keep searching for your dream car !! (I have an SL600). I say this because after living in Miami for 4 years, good luck getting resolution on anything. DMV is worth crap, so are the lawyers, cops everything else. They will give you an answer to get you out of their hair. I have tried for a year to get my registration corrected from a "mercury" (DMV abbr. MZ) to a "Mercedes" (some other abbr.). I also had a body shop paint my last benz bumper (CLK) metallic black not the regular non-metallic black..then told me he gave me a good deal. People in Miami that dont have anything dont respect those of us that do. I also had a trooper damage another car I had (a Jaguar), with a traffic control cone and after many hours of them being RUDE TO ME, their damn lawyers at the State of FL office offered to settle for half of the costs to repair!! Most corrupt city in the country I bet outside of New Orleans. I also had a shop that did not have the right size HID replacement bulbs, and "glued" the wrong size bulbs in the car!!..then lied when I asked why it kept vibrating..they said it was a "spring" attached to it. I would expect a city full of immigrants to be a little more thankful about their opportunity to live in a country my ancestors owned (Native Americans) and built (African Americans). ..save your energy friend!!

One of the most truthful posts ever on MBworld.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Originally Posted by Groovyman
The seller has now filed an Unpaid item dispute against me for failing to pay for the item. Totally BS!!!! I have been more than willing to pay for the item but they refused to sell. eBay is still investigating the matter and this dealer is now trying to scam eBay to get their fees back by claiming I didn’t pay them.
As an old time E-Bay user since 1999. You should have filed a dispute first.
Of course they are not going to pay the "Final Seller Fees". So now your E-bay account is going to get dinged too. It will come out in the wash as a mutual withdraw. But always follow up with E-bay in cases like this first.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500(Sold), SL500(Sold), C350(Sold), ML350, SL65
Hey I just had a friend about two months ago who won a motocycle on ebay and the seller turn around and sold it too his friend. He file a small claim court case on him he didn't get the motorcycle but he won the case where the seller had to pay him $2500 because of the bine contract. So don't let them get away with it. Good luck.....