SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Calling out a Board Sponsor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL600, 2006 Range Rover SC
Originally Posted by SLJOE
Guys I got the tracking number and its legit, Check will be here monday and as long as it clears I will not say the sponsors name. The mods know who it is, thats up to them how they want to handle it, if at all.
That's a whole lot of useless to the rest of us. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Almost a Member!

SL600,360 Spider, Hummer 1 & 2
110 Motoring

Jonathan Cohen

www.110motoring.com

Check was a bunch of BS he never sent it he made a phony label on Fedex and gv me the tracking number and made it look like he sent it out and then emails me and asked me if I received it, then I call him and he says he will go to Fed Ex and see what happened. What a idiot.. Charges will be filled now and he will have to deal with a few felony counts, court cost etc..This guy even pays for ads on the Ferrari forum I belong to Im going to post there next..I hope you guys pass the info a long to other board members about this loser..
Old 06-23-2008, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Thanks for posting the info. This saves others from this guy, sorry you had to get burnt in the process. This is really getting bad about the scamming, it's coming from sponsors, vendors, and individuals. It sucks, and breaks down trust amongst members here and with the sponsors as well.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Does anyone know a sponsor on this board that I can order parts from with no issues?
Old 06-23-2008, 09:17 PM

06 CLS500
that sucks. I've been taken a few times, the popo never really does anything about it. If YOU do, I'd be impressed.

the site looks kinda "low end" anyway. I'd be cautious about leaving my $1m Bugatti with them for any length of time.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by HoustonRider
that sucks. I've been taken a few times, the popo never really does anything about it. If YOU do, I'd be impressed.

the site looks kinda "low end" anyway. I'd be cautious about leaving my $1m Bugatti with them for any length of time.
Well I am the popo so I will impress you!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Jonathan Cohen

www.110motoring.com

Check was a bunch of BS he never sent it he made a phony label on Fedex and gv me the tracking number and made it look like he sent it out and then emails me and asked me if I received it, then I call him and he says he will go to Fed Ex and see what happened. What a idiot.. Charges will be filled now and he will have to deal with a few felony counts, court cost etc..This guy even pays for ads on the Ferrari forum I belong to Im going to post there next..I hope you guys pass the info a long to other board members about this loser..
Thanks also for sharing. Make sure you post this on every Benz site to help others from getting scammed.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:24 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Well I am the popo so I will impress you!
I really hate to say it, but GOOD LUCK.

I have called Jon out NUMEROUS times on this forum. Do a search for all posts, in all forums with my username and use "Jon" as a keyword and you will see. I'm really sorry this has happened to you, but....as you can see, he almost took me for a whirl, too. Jon Cohen is the biggest lying piece I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. He has made it his business to lie, steal and cheat his way into honest people’s lives and pocketbooks. Furthermore, he has defrauded the state of California, insurance companies, DMV and many other people I know personally. I was recently told that he is on his last leg, bouncing checks left and right. His Snap On guy told me that he recently got THREE bad checks from Jon; one for $1000, the next for $500 and the last for $250.
Jon Cohen is a pathological liar who knows how to use the system to screw other hardworking individuals. The problem is, that the system PROTECTS lying scumbags like Jon. I personally know of 2 lawsuits that he is involved in right now for more than $100k each.
I also know that he has been threatened by numerous people because he has pissed so many of them off, and he now carries a gun with him everywhere....yet, does not have a concealed weapons permit.

I could go on and on and on about this punk and you guys would be amazed at the things I know. But again, I have said it all here before. I think the last thing I said was that Jon will not make it through the Summer....seems I was right about that, too.
Again, I'm sorry this has happened to you, but, I'm actually glad it happened to a LEO because you have the ability to take the action required to put this guy away. It's too bad the mods did not remove him as a sponsor when I first alerted them to this a long time ago. If you need ANY HELP WHATSOEVER in pursuing him....I know where he lives, I know the few friends he has and I would be willing to do whatever it takes to put this piece of ***** behind bars....even if it means out of pocket expense for me. Please let me know if I can help.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:33 PM

2004 SL600, 2006 Range Rover SC
Originally Posted by bigben320e
Thanks for posting the info. This saves others from this guy
x2.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
hey bro so sorry to hear thus try VRP they are great guys and do some truly amazing work! by the way i hope you nail this *****s ***** to the wall.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:14 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by LZH
I really hate to say it, but GOOD LUCK.

I have called Jon out NUMEROUS times on this forum. Do a search for all posts, in all forums with my username and use "Jon" as a keyword and you will see. I'm really sorry this has happened to you, but....as you can see, he almost took me for a whirl, too. Jon Cohen is the biggest lying piece I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. He has made it his business to lie, steal and cheat his way into honest people’s lives and pocketbooks. Furthermore, he has defrauded the state of California, insurance companies, DMV and many other people I know personally. I was recently told that he is on his last leg, bouncing checks left and right. His Snap On guy told me that he recently got THREE bad checks from Jon; one for $1000, the next for $500 and the last for $250.
Jon Cohen is a pathological liar who knows how to use the system to screw other hardworking individuals. The problem is, that the system PROTECTS lying scumbags like Jon. I personally know of 2 lawsuits that he is involved in right now for more than $100k each.
I also know that he has been threatened by numerous people because he has pissed so many of them off, and he now carries a gun with him everywhere....yet, does not have a concealed weapons permit.

I could go on and on and on about this punk and you guys would be amazed at the things I know. But again, I have said it all here before. I think the last thing I said was that Jon will not make it through the Summer....seems I was right about that, too.
Again, I'm sorry this has happened to you, but, I'm actually glad it happened to a LEO because you have the ability to take the action required to put this guy away. It's too bad the mods did not remove him as a sponsor when I first alerted them to this a long time ago. If you need ANY HELP WHATSOEVER in pursuing him....I know where he lives, I know the few friends he has and I would be willing to do whatever it takes to put this piece of ***** behind bars....even if it means out of pocket expense for me. Please let me know if I can help.
Wow I just looked at all your post great...If you know anyone who he has scammed on this site I as long as they have proof he did I may be able to up the charges, PM me. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Just a side note to LZH's comment. Mods cannot remove sponsors.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Someone can though. I've seen dirt bags like this pay sponsor dues for literally years with old members complaining, and new members being scammed everyday.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by RBrenton
Just a side note to LZH's comment. Mods cannot remove sponsors.
Just curious why wouldnt the owner of the site have him removed if this is not the first time this has happened with him? Im sure the mods notify the owners??
Old 06-24-2008, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by deuce zer0
Someone can though. I've seen dirt bags like this pay sponsor dues for literally years with old members complaining, and new members being scammed everyday.
That's why a private note to the site owners would be in order. They have the authority to decide on a situation. They don't read the threads unless they become aware of the situation.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by RBrenton
That's why a private note to the site owners would be in order. They have the authority to decide on a situation. They don't read the threads unless they become aware of the situation.
Can you pm me the owners contact info?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:07 PM

SL 500
sorry to hear about your problems w/ the vendor. really sucks. one of the reasons i try to avoid buying stuff from so-called sponsors..i am sure there are great ones out there, but, there is tons of bad ones out there advertising on forums (not just this one) without any recourse. hope you get your money back and make an example of this guy..

all the best
Old 06-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Banned

07 S550 & 08 335i
wow...

well if there is anything i can do for any board member, we make customer satisfaction our #1 priority
Old 06-24-2008, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Yes, most sponsors on this site are very good. Even though some are competitors of my company, I can say that they are quality companies. As we find those that are not, we will find a way with them.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:53 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Yes, most sponsors on this site are very good. Even though some are competitors of my company, I can say that they are quality companies. As we find those that are not, we will find a way with them.
As I've stated before, this guy is a menace. If you don't boot him, you should AT LEAST put "ON PROBATION" next to "SPONSOR" where his user name appears. That is of course unless Jon comes here and explains his side of the story and refunds the OP's money.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:35 AM

07 SL55 P30 Designo - Sold, 06 E55 Wagon, 04 CLK55A - sold
Wow! Glad to know this before I dropped a bunch of $$ for a K40 install. I checked out his shop, he was super nice, had guys working on high end cars, etc. I was going to schedule an appt to have the system installed next week. If anyone knows a great installer in So Cal, please advise! (Tired of getting speeding tickets!)
Old 06-25-2008, 11:42 PM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Alex@wheelexperts
wow...

well if there is anything i can do for any board member, we make customer satisfaction our #1 priority
BTW guys - Alex isn't joking Wheel Experts are kings of customer service and satisfaction - i have used them for 7 yrs now and have bought over 10 sets of wheels, numerous body kits, brake kits, Tires u name it . I have never had a problem with them that they haven't immediately attended to and remedied. Peter (owner) always and I mean always does the right thing and has never let me down. I can honestly say he is the only person I still work with - every single tuner shop, customizer, stereo place etc has let me down in one way or another.

Wait i take that back - Evosport is on par too.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:13 PM
LZH
Banned

SLJOE - Have you resolved this situation - what is the status ??
Old 06-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Out Of Control!

^^ Yes keep us posted as to how this would turn out.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:21 AM

2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
Maybe the LA crew can make a rally run down to his shop and say "HI"! A slew of MB's coming down and parking in front of his shop will get him to think twice...I'm not condoning any bad behavior but a show of solidarity may be pretty cool! On the other hand, this guy is coming off as a real scum bag.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL/R230: Calling out a Board Sponsor