SL/R230: Calling out a Board Sponsor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600,360 Spider, Hummer 1 & 2
Calling out a Board Sponsor

Guys been having a terrible experience with a board sponsor for the past 7 months.. I dont want to trash them but they have had my money this whole time and now I am not getting my part and I keep hearing I am going to mail you a check..I dont want to say there name yet but does anyone have any suggestions??

Last edited by SLJOE; 06-18-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLS63 AMG
Say there name to save us all from the same fate!
Old 06-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by leloz
Say there name to save us all from the same fate!
Im going to wait and see if they refund my money first and if they do not then I will give all details and and names and they will be getting a knock at the door very soon from my lawyers and the PD..

Last edited by SLJOE; 06-19-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
Wows there have been a few very bad apples on here when it comes to sponsors! I think they need to be a little stricter about whom they let advertise here as it creates a bad name for the forum.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:19 PM

2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
You are extremely patient. I would never wait 7 months for a refund. I think you have waited long enough and I would call them out now and mention their name. You need to expound on your story. If you air it out, maybe it will get them to open a dialogue or explain their position.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by sick430
Wows there have been a few very bad apples on here when it comes to sponsors! I think they need to be a little stricter about whom they let advertise here as it creates a bad name for the forum.
It is to bad I cant believe were even talking about this.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 SL500, 74 Harley FL, 08 Yukon Denali
7 months?!?!

7 days and i'm done waiting. i wouldn't expect a client of mine to wait more than absolutely necessary to receive a refund from my firm.

i would suggest outing them now and moving forward. they are banking (literally) on the fact that you will continue to threaten and always be too worried about losing the cash to actually out them and take it to the next level.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Dragoncoach
You are extremely patient. I would never wait 7 months for a refund. I think you have waited long enough and I would call them out now and mention their name. You need to expound on your story. If you air it out, maybe it will get them to open a dialogue or explain their position.
I know when you order parts out of the country it takes weeks to get here so after a number of phone calls and them having my money I told them to reorder it(March) instead of me trying to find another sponsor and get my money back. Well excuse after excuse mounted and they wanted to reorder again last week and I said no I want my money back. They told me my check would be in mail next day. My original date of purchase was the end of Dec 2007
Old 06-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by mikeblah
7 months?!?!

7 days and i'm done waiting. i wouldn't expect a client of mine to wait more than absolutely necessary to receive a refund from my firm.

i would suggest outing them now and moving forward. they are banking (literally) on the fact that you will continue to threaten and always be too worried about losing the cash to actually out them and take it to the next level.
I was asked to give them a few more days to make good (not by them). I have been a police officer for the past 9 years and I am not threatening them I gave them notice of the criminal charges etc and if I do not get a response soon then action will be taken. I am very detailed with my work so I saved all my emails from the owner and documented every phone call to them.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
I think you have been too patient already, you need to take it to the next level. You should have done that 6 months ago. Mikeblah is right, if my client doesnt want somthing he will get his or fer money back. If I am loosing the bussiness because I messed up, I would feel ashamed and resolve it fast. I have seen these kind of guys before, just greedy F###'s who put a sour taste in peoples mouths for other bussiness.

Call them out!!
Old 06-19-2008, 04:01 PM

Velvet Fleetwood
just curious, if you didn't get your money back after one,,, two months what makes you think you'll get it back after 7. I would def make them pay and then some.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by vb26
just curious, if you didn't get your money back after one,,, two months what makes you think you'll get it back after 7. I would def make them pay and then some.
I never asked for the money until last week, I asked them to reorder in March so that was my fault in trusting a board sponsor. The bottom line is this, I already typed an incident report at my work and if I do not get the check in the mail extremely soon I hit the send botton which types the warrant and I walk the warrant to the court house and get it signed which is a felony and we go from there..Now the reason I am giving them time is because beside being a PO I own my own business and I know some people just are not good a paying bills on time and mean no harm..
Old 06-19-2008, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by SLJOE
I never asked for the money until last week, I asked them to reorder in March so that was my fault in trusting a board sponsor. The bottom line is this, I already typed an incident report at my work and if I do not get the check in the mail extremely soon I hit the send botton which types the warrant and I walk the warrant to the court house and get it signed which is a felony and we go from there..Now the reason I am giving them time is because beside being a PO I own my own business and I know some people just are not good a paying bills on time and mean no harm..
Keep us updated. Can you PM the name or do you prefer that only you now it at this point?
Old 06-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Keep us updated. Can you PM the name or do you prefer that only you now it at this point?
I will thanks, I am not going to give any names unless this blows up...
Old 06-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
... beside being a PO I own my own business...
Figured as much since you list a 600, 360, 1 and 2. That’s a lot of OT.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by splinter
Figured as much since you list a 600, 360, 1 and 2. That’s a lot of OT.
LOL!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:51 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
I was asked to give them a few more days to make good (not by them). I have been a police officer for the past 9 years and I am not threatening them I gave them notice of the criminal charges etc and if I do not get a response soon then action will be taken. I am very detailed with my work so I saved all my emails from the owner and documented every phone call to them.
I've been in Law Enforcement since 1991 and I have a hard time affording what few toys I have! Please tell me how you have the toys you do on a cops salary? And if CT pays that well...please give me the link where I can apply.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:56 PM

'14 E350, '03 H-D FXDL
Sounds like you need to change your inside view of this mess and instead look at it from the outside as a PO. Trust your PO instincts and experience, and handle this perp for what he is and not concern yourself about how nice it would be if it all worked out. If this same thing were happening to a friend or fellow PO what advice would you give them?

Whenever a jerk tries to mess with me or mine, I find a way to turn the tables and make the jerk's life miserable, not mine. As an example, did you pay by credit card? If so, then file a dispute against the transaction, since the perp has failed to deliver the merchandise that you (and the credit card company on your behalf) have paid for. Chances are this perp is out of state, in which case interstate mail fraud is also a federal felony. Book'em Danno!
Old 06-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Almost a Member!

OK, well I got an email and a phone call that my check is going out today I have heard this before, so by the end of today if I do not get a tracking number then The Sponsor will be known and the warrant will be typed reasonable time has been given.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
OK, well I got an email and a phone call that my check is going out today I have heard this before, so by the end of today if I do not get a tracking number then The Sponsor will be known and the warrant will be typed reasonable time has been given.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
If he really wanted to get you your money he would wire it to your bank account. Anything else after this amount of time is pure BS.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Got the tracking to be continued tomm...
Old 06-21-2008, 12:47 PM

2005 SL 500
After jerking you around for that long, you should still post the name, even if you do receive the money.

Save us all.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:23 PM

2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by Chris 45971
After jerking you around for that long, you should still post the name, even if you do receive the money.

Save us all.
I can see where you're coming from, but the ultimate goal for SLJOE is to get his money. Who knows, maybe his posting got the sellers off their butts. If so, mission accomplished! As for slamming the seller, all we need to know is that the company is overseas and go from there. Maybe after he gets his money back and hammers the check, Joe will post the sellers name. It's up to him.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Guys I got the tracking number and its legit, Check will be here monday and as long as it clears I will not say the sponsors name. The mods know who it is, thats up to them how they want to handle it, if at all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL/R230: Calling out a Board Sponsor