SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: "Electronic Lowering Module"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Electronic Lowering Module"

Does anyone have any info on the "electronic lowering module"

I read on Kleeman's website, and Inden Design's website that there is some "module" that lowers the car. Anyone have any details on how this works, costs, ease of installation?

Thanks,
Shank
Old 01-06-2003, 06:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
SL shank,

this has been dicussed before and ot be honest with you i am too lazy to find the old thread But Lorinser, Brabus, Kleemann, Carlsson etc. all have an electronic lowering module for all cars equipped with the ABC suspension. It cost around 2K, i think the brabus one doesnt lower the car very much around an inch or even less than an inch, i do not recall clearly. I think its a quick job but not something to do yourself. The cool part is that you still have all the ABC functions except your car is lower.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:29 AM

Tezta,

Thanks. I have been in contact with Joe Inden of www.indendesign.de

He can sell the electronic "tax" or "lowering" module for $1200.00. Their module can lower the car upto 40mm.
I wanted to get 19" BBS LM's, to achieve a look I made on another thread, however Inden stated rolling the fenders are necessary. If that means painting all 4 fenders, I'd reconsider my choice of rims.

Shank
Old 01-06-2003, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Originally posted by SL Shank
Tezta,

Thanks. I have been in contact with Joe Inden of www.indendesign.de

He can sell the electronic "tax" or "lowering" module for $1200.00. Their module can lower the car upto 40mm.
I wanted to get 19" BBS LM's, to achieve a look I made on another thread, however Inden stated rolling the fenders are necessary. If that means painting all 4 fenders, I'd reconsider my choice of rims.

Shank
Shank,

You would have to roll your fenders if you lower the car by 40mm, but its not a big deal, you wont need to repaint your fenders, just find someone with a lot of experience and you should be fine, where are you located?