SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: How to find the best MB service center

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350
How to find the best MB service center

Does anyone know how to find the best MB service center in your area? I have four MB dealers within 20 to 40 miles in the Tampa Florida area. All of them claim to be 5-star, best of the best, but how can that be? So I surf the web and have not found something that ranks these dealerships service departments, just their sale department, but as many of us know, the service department is more important then the sale department. I'll drive the extra 20 miles for a better MB mechanic.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:23 PM

2007 SL550
I couldn't give you a definitive answer, but keep your eyes and ears open when you go to them. See what the advisors are doing when they don't have a lot of customers. Take a look around the shop area to see how clean they keep their bays. Listen to how they respond when you want to have them perform service on your car. If they don't pass the sniff test, keep looking. If they do, try them out. They don't necessarily have to be the best. They just have to be good. If you've got a hard-to-pin problem, that's the best time to go to each one. The one with the least runaround is your answer. It may cost a bit more to do separate runs, but in the end you'll have a dealer you can trust.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 500
give this a try, and look your dealer

http://www.dealerrater.com/

It's not a perfect solution, but, it can provide some feedback from customers.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:42 PM

2007 SL550
Originally Posted by djamer
give this a try, and look your dealer

http://www.dealerrater.com/

It's not a perfect solution, but, it can provide some feedback from customers.
Damn, comparing CA to FL, I can't tell who's worse, CA dealers or CA customers?
Old 04-29-2009, 04:45 PM

2012 ML350BTC
You can also call ahead and ask how many 'Master Certified' technicians they have on staff, ask there names, and insist they work on your car (by name) if you wind up there. With the extra time and training required to reach Master level through MB, you can be sure they are well schooled in the all the latest technology, and have taken the time to ensure they are considered by MB to be the best amongst their peers. I'm not saying a Master Tech is necessarily better than a non-Master Certified Tech, but at least you know they have reached the highest possible level of training and recognition.