SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: New 6000k HID fogs, lows, highs, led days/lic plate & clear sides Installed today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
His wifes head hard into the headboard nightly!!
Originally Posted by djamer
nice work.. like the upgraded look
thank-u
def a lot cleaner/fresher
Old 10-19-2009, 02:54 AM

SL R230
Originally Posted by VendettaMB
Got tails on, had my stereo/car shop do it as i live in a high rise and sucks not being able to work on my ca at home..but it took them almost an hour as so tricky to get in and remove them and being careful not to break any trim pieces. Super happy, really cleans up the rear look. Thx to fellow member who sold them to me, muchly appreciated. next is install of amp/sub in footwell & amg sport front clip w/ carlson lip spoiler(bought from another great forum member)...first week november
also tried to put the amg tails on my SL but I gave up...too much work and complicated...my dealer did it...and it toll him also more than an hour...quite a tricky job indeed.....

also heard that removing the third brake is also the same....
Old 10-24-2009, 01:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 sl500
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...#ht_1745wt_800

got my NO error LED front days/lic plate lights also from them..email the email addy in above thread say mike sent u
Are your side marker bulbs chrome? Because i have the clear side markers already and just need the bulbs. I ordered the led license plate and parking lights but iam not sure what or where to get just the bulbs for side markers and front signals.
Ps are the side markers and front turning signals the same bulb
thanks. Good job with that front bumper i was considering it
Old 10-24-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by nylefty31
Are your side marker bulbs chrome? Because i have the clear side markers already and just need the bulbs. I ordered the led license plate and parking lights but iam not sure what or where to get just the bulbs for side markers and front signals.
Ps are the side markers and front turning signals the same bulb
thanks. Good job with that front bumper i was considering it
Hey, my side are chrome/amber ( as strict cops here)
I got my front turn signals off eBay. The front turn are not the same as the little market bulbs.

I have decided to get rid of my car. I have ordered a set of 07+ amg Oem wheels off eBay and then part out my extras and trade car in. I haven't even gotten the new bumper yet! I will be selling:

20" staggered AM forged primes w/ nitto invos( 5" rear lip) as new.
Clear markers( stealth bulbs)
front turn steAlth bulbs
adju. Lowering links
07+ tail
smart top modeule
amg sport front bumper/ grills/f0gs, carlson lip spoiler
possibly led day lights and led lic plate lights( non error)
possibly 6000k hid lows, highs, fogs. All depends if easy/cost effective swAp out on these parts.
Not happy about all this as loosing soooo much money, but need to cut my loss somewhere. I truly feel these cats are built like sh*t. I don't care how good they look. So many people with $$$ issues for cars that are babied. I bought a car to drive, not to drive to shops.

Last edited by VendettaMB; 10-24-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:13 PM

2004 sl500
thank-u
def a lot cleaner/fresher
Give me a pm nylefty31@yahoo.com with prices. My car is silver and 04. Maybe some pictures also.
Thanks
Old 10-25-2009, 10:29 PM

07 CLK550 , 03 20THae gti
So i got my 6000k Hid kit for my Fogs, Highs installed today as well as new 6000k hid bulbs for my lows to match ..and led daytime lights, lic plate lights & clear markers w/ stealth bulbs..Turned out Great!

just need to get some new tails/or smoke mine..and stealth front turn signals.

* they also installed my led, speaker and optional EBRAKE light connection to my Lidatek LE30.
hey bro your set up is sick , my set up is 10k in fogs , LED in daytime , Lic plate lights ,now the big question how the hell you got replacement bulbs to work on OEM xenon PLEASE SCHOOL ME i want 10k in my low beams

Last edited by CLK550guy; 10-25-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by CLK550guy
hey bro your set up is sick , my set up is 10k in fogs , LED in daytime , Lic plate lights ,now the big question how the hell you got replacement bulbs to work on OEM xenon PLEASE SCHOOL ME i want 10k in my low beams
Thx I love the look.
Dunno. Shop did it. No reason why hid bulb should not just work. I have swapped all my highs/ lows and fogs in all my cars over the years at this shop with no issues or errors.
The hid low bulbs were 60$cdn I think.
If I trade my car in I will be putting back all stock stuff and selling. Only used a few hundred km's as car has been at dealer for 1 month and after less than 1 week is back o their lot as my new nitto invos seperated. So waiting on new oem rims to come in to trade in car.

Synergy sound lab in Richmond did the work for me. HiD have 2 yr warranty.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:33 AM

07 CLK550 , 03 20THae gti
Oh ok , I'mma give them a call for the highs becuz I try many different shop in my area and no lucky. Thanks bro for the info
Old 11-06-2009, 02:20 PM

2004 SL500 & 2008 GL450
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...#ht_1745wt_800

got my NO error LED front days/lic plate lights also from them..email the email addy in above thread say mike sent u

Mike,

I went to eBay and look at the description of the LED lic plate light. The seller mentioned that if you leave your light switch on Auto, it may give an error. I want to check with you whether you leave your switch on Auto, or do you manually turn the lights on/off at night? If you do leave it on Auto, do you get the error message?

Also, you mentioned that you got the front day LED light from the same seller. I don't see them listed. Would you happen to remember the model number for them?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by tnguyenmdc
Mike,

I went to eBay and look at the description of the LED lic plate light. The seller mentioned that if you leave your light switch on Auto, it may give an error. I want to check with you whether you leave your switch on Auto, or do you manually turn the lights on/off at night? If you do leave it on Auto, do you get the error message?

Also, you mentioned that you got the front day LED light from the same seller. I don't see them listed. Would you happen to remember the model number for them?

Hi,
sorry I won't be of much help. My car has been at MB shop since sept 17. I had the lights in my car for a week or 2 wit no issues. When it was at MB for battery issue they removed the led lic as he said they can burn up !? So I'd rather be safe than sorry. My car us still there from pre existing battery drain issue. Nothing to do with led etc. He wet over car and saw them and removed for future precaution.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by tnguyenmdc
Mike,

Hi,
sorry I won't be of much help. My car has been at MB shop since sept 17. I had the lights in my car for a week or 2 wit no issues. When it was at MB for battery issue they removed the led lic as he said they can burn up !? So I'd rather be safe than sorry. My car us still there from pre existing battery drain issue. Nothing to do with led etc. He wet over car and saw them and removed for future precaution. All from same seller. Email them direct with email I posted. I had no errors. Great seller. G/l
Old 11-26-2009, 04:28 PM

cars back

Well, got my car back today from MB..Its been there basically since Sept.17. Thye said its fixed and I will soon see. Hard to know as my daily driver to know if battery drain issue is solved. I will know over the next few weeks I guess. I got my fingers crossed. If its fixed I wil probably drive out my warranty. Got my new 19" OEM AMG winter wheels on it now as its sh*t wet weather ...missed over 1.5 months of sunshine. If battery is fixed, it then needs to goto MB body shop to have the paint that MB body shop screwed up just after I got car. AHHHHH having a MB is luxury! LOL

I love driving the car..hopefully all this stuff will be done with so can keep it and enjoy it for at least the amount of time in various MB shops.

who knows if its fixed, i can get my amp/sub install done and put on the AMG bumper and lip spoiler taking up my spare room
Attached Thumbnails New 6000k HID fogs, lows, highs, led days/lic plate & clear sides Installed today-img_0161.jpg   New 6000k HID fogs, lows, highs, led days/lic plate & clear sides Installed today-img_0162.jpg  
Old 11-27-2009, 02:54 PM

2008 SL600 w/AMG pkg
I just orded a smart top module yesterday. Is this one for the R230? Maybe I can cancel....
Old 11-27-2009, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by 67supersnake
I just orded a smart top module yesterday. Is this one for the R230? Maybe I can cancel....
I'm holding off selling stuff except wheels as u got car back and I HOPE it's fixed. I sent u email/pm.
Also mines an 03. Maybe different moduel as h might have different electronics ...

Last edited by VendettaMB; 11-27-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:12 PM

2004 sl500
As far as lights i highly suggest !jdmtoy.com. They are very helpful, have every color, and also have no error bulbs for mercedes so you dont get error messages.
Need help
i ordered a 07-08 sport bumper! Does anyone know where to get the mesh and what else i will need???
Old 02-10-2010, 11:43 PM