SL/R230: ABC Suspension Front Raised Up Very High - Advice Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 02:46 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
AMG GLS63
ABC Suspension Front Raised Up Very High - Advice Please

Hi all

Today the front suspension on my 2003 SL500 raised up very high and i got the ABC message in the left cluster with the visit workshop in the other. Both messages werent in red, just the usual text colour.

The car felt very uneasy and bouncy as expected and stayed rasied in the front only until i could pull over. I turned the engine off and locked the car but the suspension didnt lower itself. I then restarted the engine and immediately a woosh of air and the suspension went back to normal with no error message dispayed.

I left the car for a few hours then went back to it, started and drove it and all is fine.

Anyone ever have this happen before, am i in the early stages of a big problem or is it just a sypmtom of this very complicated car ?.

There are no apparent leaks and the suspnsion is raising itself front and rear using the console button although it was a little creaky last time i did it. I do it now and then to keep the system from playing up, or so i thought.

Thanks

Carl
Old 06-27-2010, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 sl500
not good

I had the abc light come on I took it to the dealer after a few days it was diagnosed that I had a valve block leaking and I needed to replace the pump I have a 2003 sl500 the price $6,700 I was speechless the guy said it was normal for the pump to go bad that didn,t set to well with me my car is out of warrenty I called mercedes usa they got with the dealer and fixed it for half price something to consider they only work with mb dealers not independent shops oh they replaced my whole system...good luck