SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Autumn Paint Correction Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 05:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
03 SL500(Sold), 09 C300, 11 E550
Autumn Paint Correction Thread

So, I thought I would share my upcoming Fall detailing experience with you all since I haven't seen any other threads on this for a while. I have always been uber **** about the condition of my paintwork on every car that I have driven and my SL is no different. I did get a chance to do a full swirl removal and paint correction back in March but because this car is now my daily driver the swirls have come back with a fury. Now, I will be spending the next two weekends getting drunk in my garage and bringing this baby back to new again.

I am hoping to have the car about 75% done by Sunday afternoon and will try to update the thread that night or Monday Morning. I will be briefly explaining the steps that i took... Don't expect a how to... and will post pics of the final product.

Below I tried to catch some of the swirls with the sunlight but it is hard to tell in some pics. Basically the entire car is covered in what you see on the Door and fender shots. In all I'm Looking to only spend about 20 hours on this job but ill have a much better idea after I've washed and clayed the car. PICS BELOW

Top of the Hood

Hood near Headlights

Drivers Side door

Drivers Side Fender