SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: PISSED! - Chrysler Warranty - HELP!

Old 03-11-2011, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500
Exclamation PISSED! - Chrysler Warranty - HELP!

My girlfriend purchased for me a Chrysler Warranty through Michael Noyes in July. The deal was for me to make the phone call and set it up and she would do everything else. Well, took the car in to the dealer for the first time to get a couple of things checked out (crappy AM reception and a squeeky convertible top - not too bad, but still). The dealer tells me that I have to pay $150 per item for inspection and it will only be reimbursed if it's a covered part. I called Chrysler, they said the radio can only be replaced with a reconditioned unit and they would not cover the roof if it's just an adjustment - a part must be broken. I have the Maximum Care plan by the way. So, $300 they want upfront. Then, the warranty company says you have a $200 deductible. I said, "no, I have a zero deductible - it's the only warranty I would ever buy". Long and short of it is Michael Noyes no longer works there, my girlfriend signed my signature (and she's from Croatia and didn't read the contract), and me and Michael were square on the phone about zero deductible which was the entire focus of my conversations with him. The new guy says "sorry, can't change it" and then he said "he'll see what he can do and work it out on Monday". I paid $5100 for this (my girlfriend did actually). I called another warranty company offering the same plan and he quoted me $4500 or less for the same plan. What do I do? If the current company doesn't zero deductible the plan, can I cancel for the prorated amount and purchase a new policy with this new guy (same warranty - Chrysler Maximum Care). 2nd - what is up with this diagnostic fee? Is this customary? Also when I was speaking to the MB dealer, they said Chrysler doesn't "adjusting a roof". The warranty guy (the salesman) said it would be covered. The guy who took Mikes place said "nope" not covered. This is the SAME plan so why two different answers. I'm a no headaches guy so I'm literally thinking of just selling the car and getting something else that will be less of a headache. I'm not that in love with this car - the girlfriend wanted it so I got it. So, if anyone is interested in a 2006 SL500 with only 26K miles on it brand new condition (other than said items), I'll sell it for $41K (optioned out minus pano). Black on black.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SL500R, 500SL, C230, 560SL, 450SL, 450SLC, 300CD.
You can cancel this warranty and expect a full refund if you never used it.
However There is a deduction on a prorated basic for the time laps. Couple of hundred bucks or so, figure from July till March, depending on the length of your contract.
May be you should consider a Certified Pre-Owned MBZ factory warranty that comes with zero deductible, if your car qualifies that is.
Cheers
Old 03-13-2011, 09:19 AM

Received 57 Likes on 14 Posts
08 ML350, 2011 E550 Cab
Consider yourself lucky that you have the CSC. I would just pay the few hundred dollars and move on.. Don't worry, Your CSC will pay for itself in good time.. Mine did in one visit..
Old 03-13-2011, 09:53 AM

c200k
SO you and her both learned a big lesson- unless it's in writing, don't believe it and on top of that, read the conditions and don't have someone forge your signature.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:07 PM

04 sl55
wow a problem with a csc warranty

I bought my warranty from Michael Case and it was the best investment I ever made besides buying the car.
It has paid for itself more than three times over. I would speak with someone from CSC and see what you can work out . Trust me one strut or a top motor and you will be thanking your lucky stars .
Good luck.