SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: SAT Button on 2004 SL-XM/Sirrus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 08:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 SL500
SAT Button on 2004 SL-XM/Sirrus

Is there any way to use the SAT button for Sirrus XM?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL600, 2006 Range Rover SC
Yes, that is exactly what it is for. I don't know if there is a DIY option, but the COMAND Sirius "plug-in" was the first thing I went to the dealer for. I don't recall it being terribly expensive for including the antenna and installation.

The best way I can describe it is an add-on module to the back of the COMAND unit. One thing to note since you also have an 04 SL is that the factory satellite antenna is rather unsightly, being a flat black. My dealer used a much smaller antenna intended for another model (I want to say it was from a later C-Class) because they thought the 04 SL antenna looked crappy, as well. The one they installed was painted to match and included a gasket to the decklid, which the other one did not appear to have. It works just fine, but it will throw a hidden code when you run diagnostics because the SL uses a 2-wire satellite antenna and the MB antenna they installed for me is a 1-wire. It does not seem to make any difference whatsoever aside from the car knowing (but not telling you) that one wire is not plugged in. I'm perfectly happy with it. I think I would have been pissed off at the appearance of a rubbery-looking antenna that takes up about 4x the surface area of the one they used.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 MBZ SL500
although i haven.t gone sat yet on my 04SL I remember mention of a sat ant that installs under grill on edge of hood near windshield. the "dummy" grill of the two. Not visible.