SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Am I reading this right?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 12:10 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Sold 06 CLS500. SL550 09. SL550 2013. Own C6 Corvette heavily customized garage queen 2005.
Am I reading this right?

Since I have triple A and found them excellent and apart from locking myself out I have never bothered......Now when they say "free service", surely they are not talking about free maintenance service every 10K?? Service must mean what they are trying to sell here?????

Anyone taken them on and your comments? Anyway, details below... Thx.

August 15, 2011

We recently contacted you by mail regarding our special Lifetime Mercedes-Benz mbrace™ subscription offer. Our records indicate that you haven’t yet registered your vehicle.

We want to make sure you are aware that this special offer is ending soon! Before this exclusive offer ends, we are also including 3 months of mbrace™ PLUS service, FREE, for new subscribers. This is a special incentive, because Mercedes-Benz believes that every owner should have the latest safety and convenience services that many new models now come equipped with.

Don’t Miss Out

By subscribing today, before this special offer ends, you’ll get years of FREE service depending on how long you keep your current vehicle when you upgrade from Tele Aid to the new mbrace™ system. And you’ll pay a one-time fee of just $299, compared to the $280 every year that new subscribers pay.

And, you’ll get 3 full months of mbrace™ PLUS service, for FREE. Remember, your mbrace™ PLUS subscription includes the following:

· Access to 18 different services, including Roadside Assistance, Automatic Collision Notification, Door Unlock, and many other safety and convenience features.

· Plus benefits, such as Route Assistance, 24 hour concierge, and more.

· An iPhone and Blackberry mobile app for unlocking your doors and finding your vehicle.

Call 1-877-320-1673 Before Time Runs Out!

Please call immediately for your system upgrade, to get the latest in safety and convenience services, before this offer ends.

Sincerely,

Mercedes-Benz mbrace™ Response Center
Old 08-16-2011, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350, '03 H-D FXDL
The term "service" refers only to mbrace assistance, and has nothing to do with maintenance service and repair on your car.