SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Do the MB cars have 'beep' sounds when activating door locks ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daytime: Slow and easy with 2006 SL500 & 2003 S430 . Night time: Hard and Fast with my wife
Do the MB cars have 'beep' sounds when activating door locks ?

I noticed that my MBs do not have any beep/chirp sounds when locking doors... and I always took it as normal. But is it? Rest of my non-MB cars do chirp/beep so just wonder if this is normal for MB cars (or at least my car model year) or something that I need to put some attention.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55
The older models like my 2003 sl55 didn't have that feature but I do now. The Alarm Siren makes that beeping noise that you are looking for. I'm not sure what year but the newer models have that. If you replace the siren the replacement comes with that feature. You may have to at some point as I did..the siren has sealed batteries that go bad over time and may cause your horn to go off frequently for no reason.

here's a link from another member that shows how to change:

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...arm-siren.html
Old 02-27-2013, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550, 2008 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by mitviet
I noticed that my MBs do not have any beep/chirp sounds when locking doors... and I always took it as normal. But is it? Rest of my non-MB cars do chirp/beep so just wonder if this is normal for MB cars (or at least my car model year) or something that I need to put some attention.
I don't know about all models, but check the vehicle setting menu - there should be a vehicle convenience option - something like "audible" door locking. In the cars I have it will produce a fairly quiet beep-beep-beep. I find the sound annoying and turn it off.