SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: HELP! 2009 SL550 battery draining

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! 2009 SL550 battery draining

hi there,

I have a 2009 SL550 that was doing strange things...for a couple of month the battery in the trunk would die after overnight and then after only few hours. I changed the battery. It was good but then same problem again....then after a while my car's trunk would just pop open while driving or even if it was off and in park!!!! In addition, my alarm would go off randomly...

Eventually, when I leave the car overnight, I can't open the car with my remote and I have to use the manual key. Once I get in the car, the keyless go doesn't work and when I turn on the car using the key, all my radio and clock is reset and I get an "!" on my dashboard which goes away after few min. of driving. i also can't open/close my roof top until I drive it for some time.

Long story short, I took it to MB shop and they said that I had a leak in the trunk that has damaged my PSE pump and it's about $1900 parts plus 10hrs labor to change and fix the wiring...4k!!!

i took it to another mechanic shop. They fixed the leak with only few dollars, they also got all the parts dried and clean. They didn't find any corrosion that benz had identified...The trunk opening randomly issue went away but they said that for some reason my battery in the trunk is still draining at around 8-9V!!

They actually disconnected the PSE pump and all the fuses but still is draining. This leads us to believe that is not the PSE pump because even with it not connected is still draining. Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks very much.

Last edited by arash; 04-17-2013 at 05:16 PM.