SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Just bought an 03 SL500 - low mileage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 10:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 SL500 Sport Pkg, 2008 BMW X5 4.8L, 2011 Prius (my gas saver:-))
Just bought an 03 SL500 - low mileage

Hello,

I just bought a a low mileage 2003 SL500 and the seller disclaimed the following issues-

1)The Keyless Go is missing the chip card. Is it something that I will have to buy from a dealer? I may be able to live without Keyless Go for a bit and use the actual key but would definitely like to get it fixed/resolved.

2) Two little flaps for passenger and driver side top down are missing. I believe those plastic pieces are broken in most of the SL500s after searching throughout the forums here.

3) The suspension is stiff while going over hard pavement. The car does not have any notorious ABC issues though. The car has the sport package. Is this a common issue?

4) it's missing the plastic cover for the turn signal on the passenger side mirror.

I also noticed in the pictures that the car was running at around 90 degrees when warmed up. Is that normal?

I have not owned an SL before so would definitely need some assistance from you all.

I recently sold my Crossfire which essentially had the SLK parts and engine so am looking forward to receiving my first SL.

Thanks much!

Paul