SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Renting SL in Germany for Autobahn

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 09:46 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Renting SL in Germany for Autobahn

I'll be in Amsterdam in mid-May and I also need to visit Copenhagen, does anyone by chance have info on where/how to rent an SL in Germany. I would love to test drive this baby on the Autobahn rather than fly directly from Amsterdam to Copenhagen.

Thanks.
Old 03-26-2002, 11:03 PM

Cool Avis

Actually, believe it or not Avis rents SL's. Now a caveat, all German regular rental cars have somewhat undersized engines relative to what we have in the US. For example, I rented a 520i stick. The SL I saw at avis was a 320, I believe. So, it's not like you're going to necessarily get a SL500 or a SL55 from Avis. There are speciality car rental companies in Germany that do rent high-performance automobiles at a Premium.

Also, of note, the SL at Avis was the older body style...but I visited 2 years ago so it was current at the time. Also, they are apparently rare, so when I went to switch cars, they said that one was brought in specially per reservation. Meaning that you should probably make arrangements ahead of time.

Other German auto rental companies include Sixt and I think National although I am not sure about the last one.

Of course, CFG on the SL AMG board of funcarsonline might be able to hook you up with a sweet ride.
Old 03-26-2002, 11:17 PM
Almost a Member!

You might also want to try Europcar. At some German airports, one can rent ferraris, porsches, and AMG benzes from Europcar.
Old 03-27-2002, 12:01 AM
Almost a Member!

Thanks Sultan!

I found it at http://www.europcar.de/. Now, all I need is a lesson in German and find out where the hell I'll put my suitcase!!!
Old 03-27-2002, 06:21 AM

SL 500
We rent the New SL 500, the R 129 SL 320 and the SLK 230 Kompressor in Germany.

Our prices will be defenitely less than of our big competitors like Sixt or Europcar. Prices changes weekly at the moment, there´s a lot going on on the market now.

We´ll deliver the cars to any destination in Europe - at extra cost.

We´re just a small company but we offer service that the big ones can´t provide.

www.classics-vermietung.de
info@classics-vermietung.de
Sorry, homepage is German only at the moment.
Please inquire by email.

Andreas