Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 350
R230 Door Storage Problem

Hi all,

I have just bought a 2008 R230.

I have discovered that the drivers door storage unit/bin does not operate like the passenger side does. It is very stiff and difficult to operate and does not close properly when pressing the unit in. Instead, you have to press quite hard on top of the leather section until the unit is closed. I am on about number 3 in the attached diagram.

Has anyone had any problems with this? If so, how do I go about changing the storage unit?

After going through invoices of the car, I can see that just before I purchased it, the previous owner purchased a brand new leather section on top of the door storage unit/bin (number 5 from the diagram), but this clearly is not the only problem! Whoever fitted it clearly didn't know what they were doing, as there seems to be a problem with the hinge mechanism on the unit itself. I would like to retain the new leather part; ideally I would just like to change the storage unit on its own and put the new leather section on top.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails R230 Door Storage Problem-screen-shot-2017-02-17-17.06.20.png