SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Fuse Diagram Discrepancy - Vehicle Fuse Diagram and MBUSA Diagram

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 11:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
04' S430, 04' CL600, 07' SL550
Fuse Diagram Discrepancy - Vehicle Fuse Diagram and MBUSA Diagram

Just for reference, I have a 2007 SL550, it is the 50th Anniversary Edition, therefore it has a very early build date of 01/06. I have attached the fuse diagram that was supplied with my car(ignore my notations) and also one that MBUSA Customer Relations sent me (you'll have to zoom in to clearly read the fuses).

I pulled out the fuse diagram that was included with the car (uploaded below) after I had a CEL light come on for open air pump relay/circuit and noticed quite a few fuses that were in either the wrong spot, wrong amperage or missing all together. Trying to fix it myself I put everything as is shown on the included fuse diagram. However, I was still getting the CEL light, even after replacing the fuse with a new one. So I called MBUSA Customer Relations and requested a fuse diagram for the car, even though I already had the one the car was delivered with. The representative assured me that the document he was sending me was formulated by "Mercedes Technicians" and surely whatever it says, is right. This is where I started scratching my head.

First of all, the guide he sent me is labeled for R230's (2003-2012/Except Black Series). Surely there have been some changes in the locations/amperages of some fuses over that time the SL progressed from a R230 to R231 right? Secondly, I compared it to the diagram I had that was supplied with the car when delivered. There were many locations/amperages that were different!

Here are the ones I found to be different on the MBUSA Customer Relations Diagram:
  1. F35 - 40 A
  2. F54 - EMPTY
  3. F59 - EMPTY
  4. F60 - EMPTY
  5. F65 - EMPTY
  6. F75 - EMPTY
  7. F77 - 15 A
Has anyone had trouble with MB fuse diagrams not being accurate? Also, why would the representative assure me what he was sending me was the correct guide, if in fact it is not, after following what it dictates? I'm considering bringing this up to MBUSA Customer Relations/Office of the President of MB North America. I'm positive I'm not the first person to get false information and I hope I'm not the first to compare the information they sent with what was supplied with the car. The R230's are sensitive enough as it is, following the fuse diagram that they sent me can't be beneficial to the electronics/mechanical components in the car if they are getting incorrect amperage/no amperage at all.

Additionally, can somebody with a 2007 SL550 send me pictures of their (Front Left SAM/Front Right SAM/Rear SAM) so I can compare what their fuse/relay allocation is with mine? For reference, I have ventilated seats, keyless-go, satellite radio, corner-illuminating fog lamps. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
My Fuse Diagram.pdf (1.06 MB, 332 views)
Old 02-11-2018, 09:43 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,000 Likes on 869 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
I put together all the fuse panel docs from WIS:

http://benzbits.com/R230/Fuses/

I can't promise that WIS is any more accurate than your car's paper diagram or what MBUSA sent, but it does appear there have been many changes.
The following users liked this post:
DiMarko (12-28-2022)