SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: FREE Starfinder R230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2020 | 05:05 AM

CL
Lightbulb FREE Starfinder R230

I release Starfinder R230 I build specially for the MBworld R230 section members
Win 10, 8, 7, XP

This is a tool for electronic diagrams, to locate modules, connectors and more.

May not be integrated in packs or reshared on any other place on the web. can not be sold

IMPORTANT ! :
Just install, read the READ text file on desktop

Just after install, if connected to internet, you will get a popup about updating ZWAMP
say NO, do not update, newest version is X64 only and will fail this program

The pages are made initially for WINDOWS EXPLORER, it might work with other browsers, but open the Starfinder R230 with WINDOWS EXPLORER first,
then test other browsers. same as starfinder 2016

Edit:
If for some reason you find a blank page, do this:
go to: C:\Starfinder R230 *********\server folder and execute zwamp.exe
that is the server

you can create a shortcut to desktop for future use and turn on's
you can close the server in the taskbar also when finished (the little house icon)

Program shortcut will be on your desktop

ENJOY !

Please PM if you need it

any problems running it ?, PM me
this program is not installing any dlls or any other files anywhere, just one folder with a standalone miniserver called Zwamp.
before uninstall if needed just close zwamp (the little house in the taskbar) and uninstall.

do not forget the LIKE BUTTON if you like it

If you encounter any install or run problems please PM me, do not spam this thread please.
https://mybestdealers.com

Last edited by pmercury; 05-10-2020 at 12:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ramzy RAGAIBI (04-27-2020)
Old 03-07-2020 | 10:16 AM
Banned

2003 SL500, 1991 500SL
Originally Posted by pmercury
this program is not installing any dlls or any other files anywhere, just one folder with a standalone miniserver called Zwamp
You know that I know that you know I have posted a link to a website hosting Starfinder 2016, since you replied with a link to a topic you started. Since I posted that link a few days ago, I have not been able to view wiring diagrams within Chrome as I had expected, so they have to be downloaded and opened in Autodesk Design Review. I don't like that, so I want to learn more about what you have here.

Does it require an Internet connection? Is any component going to startup and run automatically every time Windows 10 starts? Can you post a screenshot of a drawing being displayed, or better still, a short video on YouTube?
Old 03-07-2020 | 11:04 AM

CL
Originally Posted by Seven Out
You know that I know that you know I have posted a link to a website hosting Starfinder 2016, since you replied with a link to a topic you started. Since I posted that link a few days ago, I have not been able to view wiring diagrams within Chrome as I had expected, so they have to be downloaded and opened in Autodesk Design Review. I don't like that, so I want to learn more about what you have here.

Does it require an Internet connection? Is any component going to startup and run automatically every time Windows 10 starts? Can you post a screenshot of a drawing being displayed, or better still, a short video on YouTube?
Does not require internet of course as the idea was to build a clean version that runs without internet. on older systems like XP,
that system is very unprotected so you should NEVER turn internet on.
Please be patient, I am building a better version, zwamp repack with X64 auto update request removed and that will work like charm on all systems.
and yes, I improved multi platform compatibility for the autostart.
Removed listing in Program files for all unused parts so it does create confusion.
Your autodesk solution is a very good idea. looking at that too or editing the JScript. patience, V1.1 is on it's way.

be careful with some starfinder 2016 builds out there. the most famous triggers this:

in any case, always have a antivirus running (best is bitdefender) when you installs stuff from unknown sources
A "RAT" is a remote access trojan, if a program installs it without antivirus running, even if you scan after install, if well build, will not detect it.
I am no way saying that this is one, but be aware how it works.Old reported RATs are mostly all listed in AV definitions.
That is why Blackheads are written new every day. just a variant in the code is enough.

Running Starfinder from a unknown website has it risk too. Javascript can drop a RAT.

another solution with a unprotected unknown not checked source installs is to not care about all this, just install whatever without protection,
then keep the computer dedicated, never online, never put a usb drive on it that you connect to your real computer after.
in that case probably nothing will ever happen as the bad stuff is 99.9% only about remote access trojan stuff, not virus killing the OS

Last edited by pmercury; 03-07-2020 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-07-2020 | 02:35 PM

SL55AMG, GL450, SLK, S550, Maserati Coupe
Rather than mess around with stolen, hacked or batsard-ized software, and screwing up computers or even my cars, if I get an issue with any of my several Benzos I take them to a local indy shop that specialized in foreign cars, I am lucky they are there and know exactly what they are doing, usually in less time it takes for me to figure out what to do they are on the phone calling me to say my car is finished and ready to pick up. There are a lot of things I take care of my self on my cars, but when there's an issue I don't know how to fix the easiest way to drop it off at the indy. Safe, too.
Old 03-07-2020 | 06:09 PM
Banned

2003 SL500, 1991 500SL
Rather than messing about with Zwamp why not consider following something really, really simple?

I zipped up some files, and they can be unzipped anywhere on the PC. Then you click on either Starfinder or Web ETM depending on which application you want. I think everyone would want to create shortcuts to those two files. For the R230 the size of the zip file is about 150 MB, so it could be emailed.

No executables, nothing written to the registry, no program installed...

Last edited by Seven Out; 03-07-2020 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-08-2020 | 05:49 AM

CL
Rather than messing about with Zwamp why not consider following something really, really simple?

I zipped up some files, and they can be unzipped anywhere on the PC. Then you click on either Starfinder or Web ETM depending on which application you want. I think everyone would want to create shortcuts to those two files. For the R230 the size of the zip file is about 150 MB, so it could be emailed.

No executables, nothing written to the registry, no program installed...
Great Idea but that does not work, you have not tested the entire fonctions
BTW, nobody sends 150mb emails
Old 03-08-2020 | 08:53 AM

CL
Originally Posted by tonylinc
Rather than mess around with stolen, hacked or batsard-ized software, and screwing up computers or even my cars, if I get an issue with any of my several Benzos I take them to a local indy shop that specialized in foreign cars, I am lucky they are there and know exactly what they are doing, usually in less time it takes for me to figure out what to do they are on the phone calling me to say my car is finished and ready to pick up. There are a lot of things I take care of my self on my cars, but when there's an issue I don't know how to fix the easiest way to drop it off at the indy. Safe, too.
this is no hacked software. just webpages turned into a tool

Trending Topics

Old 03-08-2020 | 12:09 PM
Banned

2003 SL500, 1991 500SL
Great Idea but that does not work, you have not tested the entire fonctions
I can not imagine how you can know one way or the other whether or no I have tested all of the functions. I am as certain as can be that my Starfinder works perfectly. But neither of us want to misinform or mislead the forum, so I have quickly recorded a video of my Starfinder's features. Please take 3 minutes of your time to view it and explain what "functions" do not work, if any.

Description: I'm interested in the wiring diagram for the Vario roof. First I used the search feature to locate it by name and search for "roof". Then I use the search feature to locate the diagram based on the name of a component -- in this case the roof controller "N52". Then I found the diagram by browsing the main menu.

I selected the trunk lid switch S124 to illustrate how Starfinder shows where to find the switch on the car. I then looked at the Web ETM diagram to see that the switch is wired to connector 1, socket 36. With that I clicked on the Diagnostic tab to learn how to test that input, and I see that with the trunk lid raised I should measure 0 ohms from socket 36 to chassis ground.

Last edited by Seven Out; 03-08-2020 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-08-2020 | 12:29 PM

CL
I can not imagine how you can know one way or the other whether or no I have tested all of the functions. I am as certain as can be that my Starfinder works perfectly. But neither of us want to misinform or mislead the forum, so I have quickly recorded a crude video of my Starfinder's features. Please take 3 minutes of your time to view it and explain what "functions" do not work, if any.

I'm interested in the wiring diagram for the Vario roof. First I used the search feature to locate it by name and search for "roof". Then I use the search feature to locate the diagram based on the name of a component -- in this case the roof controller "N52". Then I found the diagram by browsing the main menu.

I selected the trunk lid switch S124 to illustrate how Starfinder shows where to find the switch on the car. I then looked at the diagram to see that the switch is wired to connector 1, socket 36. With that I clicked on the Diagnostic tab to learn how to test that input, and I see that with the trunk lid raised I should measure 0 ohms from socket 36 to chassis ground.
yes it looks like it works, you might have a different version or standard browser security level lowered maybe.
I will look
Old 03-29-2020 | 05:34 PM
Banned

2003 SL500, 1991 500SL
I found something better on the other site which doesn't require an Internet connection or relying on the website of some third world country. It's the ETM wiring diagrams and Starfinder parts locator software that runs under any version of Windows. It's a 150 MB download from here. It covers cars up to 2012. That works fine for me, but I *would* like to run my 2016 Starfinder on Windows 10 also. So, pmercury, if you could come up with that for us...

EDIT: I compared 2016 and 2008 versions of Starfinder for the R230 and there is no difference.

Last edited by Seven Out; 04-02-2020 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-29-2020 | 05:52 PM

CL
I found something better on the other site which doesn't require an Internet connection or relying on the website of some third world country. It's the ETM wiring diagrams and Starfinder parts locator software that runs under any version of Windows. It's a 500 MB download from here. It covers cars up to 2008 or 2009 (not sure which). That works fine for me, but I *would* like to run my 2016 Starfinder on Windows 10 also. So, pmercury, if you could come up with that for us...
sure, windows 10 x64 ?
Old 03-29-2020 | 08:28 PM
Banned

2003 SL500, 1991 500SL
It

sure, windows 10 x64 ?
Yes, and thanks. But I think I already have 2016 running on Win10.

I got the idea of replacing the "R230" folder for the 2008 release with my 2016, and that's when I noticed something surprising: there's no difference. Both versions have 500 photos of car parts, and both have 310 drawings. I compared the drawings for both releases, and there's no difference. So after 2008 either Mercedes made no changes, or if they did they did not document them. I noticed neither release has drawings for the AirScarf.

Old 03-30-2020 | 12:02 PM
Banned

SL500, Miata
So after 2008 either Mercedes made no changes, or if they did they did not document them. I noticed neither release has drawings for the AirScarf.
That is interesting. The 2016 online Starfinder has no content specific to the last years of R129 production, and it does not cover the SL63.