SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: recovery tank volcano

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 sl 600,04 cayenne turbo,king ranch dually.
recovery tank volcano

good evening guys and gals.i have an 04 sl 600 with 100k miles .when i shut the engine off with temperatures ranging from 80-90 c the recovery tank will burp 1/2 galloin after sitting for 10 minutes. .never loses fluid while running. fluid flows out of overflow/blowoff port. .replaced reservoir cap.removed thermostat.same result.new water pump arriving tuesday,along with 010 upgrade intercooler pump.deleted abc myself and installed vvk coilover shocks.discected nitrogen accumilator and valve block for abc which sat dead in the way of i.c.pump under drtver headlight. could the water pump be weak and allow fluid to get hotter after ignition off from heat sink or air in the system?
Old 04-11-2020, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 sl 600,04 cayenne turbo,king ranch dually.
recovery tank volcano part 2

Originally Posted by twinturbov12
good evening guys and gals.i have an 04 sl 600 with 100k miles .when i shut the engine off with temperatures ranging from 80-90 c the recovery tank will burp 1/2 galloin after sitting for 10 minutes. .never loses fluid while running. fluid flows out of overflow/blowoff port. .replaced reservoir cap.removed thermostat.same result.new water pump arriving tuesday,along with 010 upgrade intercooler pump.deleted abc myself and installed vvk coilover shocks.discected nitrogen accumilator and valve block for abc which sat dead in the way of i.c.pump under drtver headlight. could the water pump be weak and allow fluid to get hotter after ignition off from heat sink or air in the system?
forgot to mention:;;;;;;;;ive pressured the coolant system up to 18 lbs. and it holds.and have a new surge tank en route,along with a beck arnley 80 degree celsius thermostat,and the aforementioned i.c. pump and new water pump.