SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Does the iCarSoft MBII read vario roof faults?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 11:55 AM
Banned

Received 388 Likes on 307 Posts
'09 S600, (2) R129 300SLs, '03 SL500, '03 SL55
A comprehensive diagnostic package for the R230 comprises DAS diagnostic software, the WIS for repair procedures, Starfinder with ETM for wiring diagrams and to find the location of electrical components, and the EPC parts catalogue. DAS and Starfinder/ETM are available as a free download from my OneDrive account. I'm slowly working on the other two.

The most economical way to have all four software components is to purchase a complete system which includes a multiplexer, cables, and a hard drive with Windows and the software preinstalled. Newer software runs slower than older software, so presuming the system has newer software it is advisable to pay a little extra to have it on an SSD.

A drawback of Foxwell and iCarSoft is that once you obtain a fault code typically you have no idea how to proceed. With Star Diagnosis you can look up fault codes and learn what possible causes are and how to troubleshoot. So, the free Star Diagnosis complements these cheaper devices nicely, but possibly a downside is that the software requires a virtual machine or a PC with a hard drive having exactly four partitions.
The following users liked this post:
sweseman (08-08-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 12:24 AM

Received 100 Likes on 54 Posts
Current: '07 SL550 & '14 GLK350. Previously owned: '06 ML350, '05 SL500, '99 ML320 & '98 SLK230 (RI
Originally Posted by JamesMitchell
Dudeman - just read through this thread and it’s sad someone like you can berate and insult another forum member and still be allowed to participate. Why you have so much pent up anger is really a mystery. But to wrongfully accuse and insult someone then apologize for being wrong really shows your lack of judgment. Worse, the casual DIY guy perusing this forum will really get turned off by your antics.
Not to worry James, I'm not really participating that much here anymore. I know you're a pMercury fanboy and drank the Kool-Aid he's been passing around, so your little diatribe doesn't really bother me.

The fact that I did accuse pMercury of only goes to show you what I think of pMercury as an "honest and upstanding guy". The fact that I apologized for being wrong in this instance, doesn't show bad judgement or lack of it, it shows that I have the ***** to own up to my mistake.

As for the "casual guy perusing the forum", I'm hoping that like many others here, he'll think twice before doing business with your buddy, pMercury.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:41 AM

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts
2011 mercedes sl550, 1995 corvette
AMEN DUDEMAN

your comments are right on
Old 04-29-2020, 05:11 PM

Received 796 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Originally Posted by Dudeman
As for the "casual guy perusing the forum", I'm hoping that like many others here, he'll think twice before doing business with your buddy, pmercury.
these ? :sorry, I only posted a few, others don't fit the page

Ouch, another workshop and MBworld member
Remington(Georgia, US)says...

When I started researching into getting a Mercedes Diagnostic System, the journey quickly left me confused and weary from all the different versions sellers were offering. Although I had prior knowledge that many of these systems were coming from China, with a little research it's easy to tell that most, if not all, of these sellers are just selling repackaged versions originating from China with varied levels of markup, sub-standard or dubious quality, possible added security compromising software, and no guarantee of a warranty when you encounter hiccups or product failure.

This is where I happened to run across Peter and all my concerns and uncertainties melted away. He embodies the essence of customer service and I can say with certainty that your investment in a Xentry system is best left with Peter. He is as patient as he is knowledgeable and he will help you navigate through all the possible pitfalls you might encounter had you NOT sought Peter's help and you will undoubtedly save money in the long run trying to do it yourself. Save yourself the headache and leave it to a Professional like Peter to do what he does best so you don't have to concern yourself on things that could be better spent elsewhere.

Ouch, Tuning workshop they are usually very advanced in getting software,
why did he chose me ??...... mmmm let's think....

obd2tuning.nl(South Holland, Netherlands)says...

I am very impressed, great service and always helpful.

The programs/software are working like charme !!

MBworld member
Akovac(Alberta, Canada)says...

This guy is amazing nothing but the best. Great with computers and has lots of knowledge coding vehicles. He has amazing service and is quick to respond. He is dedicated and was able to install the program quickly. Once installed we quickly scanned the car was we're able to get it running after about 8 months of it sitting not being able to even crank. Great service and I highly recommend pmercury could not have asked for a better product and service!!

MBworld member
mockba(British Columbia, Canada)says...

I want to share my experience in dealing with Peter as well. He is a fantastic guy — a very knowledgeable, open and absolutely honest Mercedes enthusiast. I, too, had read a lot of threads and was looking for help with Xentry purchase. Glad I made the right choice. From the very beginning, Peter had given me valuable advice that helped to put the hardware system together. His installation took a few hours, and everything is running flawlessly since then. I also want to say that Peter helped me disinterestedly with some very complicated mods. Even when we had difficulties, and others had told that's impossible, he was in touch and was spending a lot of time to find a way to solve the puzzle and find a correct solution. I highly recommend pmercury. Thank you very much, Peter, for all your help!

MBworld member
MBCO(Minnesota, US)says...

He helped me procure the right tool set, patiently worked with me over a slow (mine) internet, diagnosed several faults, cured some issues with flash updates and got my S550 in tip top shape. Could not ask for more, my purchase is really an investment. Please do not waste your time or $ with Chinese *****, go with the BEST!

MBworld member
FiatL(Oregon, US)says...

2005 SLK350 and a 2007 SL550. I wanted a diagnostics tool that would do more than an OBDII code reader.

Peter made a couple of recommendations for the hardware. He provides the OS and all the software needed. And when I say all the software, I mean ALL the software! The only thing I needed to provide was an 8 GB (min.) USB flash drive. He walked me through the process of downloading an ISO and running his utility to make the flash drive bootable.

Peter probably spent an extra hour or so trouble-shooting an issue with my original 10 year old 32 GB USB drive. When I got a newer 8GB drive, the install went flawlessly. Peter was able to remotely connect via Team Viewer and controlled my tablet well into my night. The next morning, it was all installed and mostly configured.

Peter walked me through the basics of how to use the system while connected to the car. Asking lots of questions, I quickly realized that he is not just some programmer that sits in a dark room drinking Mountain Dew into the wee hours of the night. He knows Mercedes and knows what to look for when trouble-shooting!

I had my COMAND system replaced with an aftermarket HU. That meant some of the original components were no longer available even though they are still physically connected to the MOST ring. He coded out all those features so the system no longer showed error codes for them. This cleaned up the MFD in the dash.

Peter also updated the firmware of a few modules to the 12/2019 vers.

Bottom line: It's The Real Deal

Don't buy anywhere else if you want top-notch advise, service and after-sales support. In a year or two, you will still feel like you spent a lot "just for a computer", but this is NOT one of those $99 OBDII scanners from Wal*Mart.

Thank you Peter. You have earned a new fan!

MBworld member
2007 SL600(Texas, US)says...

WOW, what a rare talent. This guy is the REAL deal.

Benz Ninja not only codes amazing software but he actually has real world experience using it on his own Mercedes cars.

A REAL expert on all things Star Diagnostics.

Flawless install and setup on my computer. Seems he rarely sleeps as he's always available on Skype.

Always available, sharing his knowledge and teaching you things you didn't know, you did't know.

Highly recommend Benz Ninja's products and on going support.

MBworld member
cyberdyne(British Columbia, Canada)says...

I have owned many MB's over the years and having these tools really gives you an edge when diagnosing any issues. It is also essential when coding upgrades or updating existing modules to the newest firmware for bug fixes and increased performance.

The package and service offered by pmercury AKA The Benz Ninja is the best around, period. You will not find a better, more knowledgeable and more comprehensive solution anywhere!

There is plenty of outdated and flat out wrong information out there, but what pmercury offers is the most up-to-date and complete service there is. His client support is above and beyond what anyone else offers and he can solve problems in minutes that take others day, hours or weeks to solve.

I highly recommend him and his service to all MB owners. If you do not have this, you're throwing darts in the dark just guessing what your issue could be but with this package/service you will KNOW 100% your issue AND exactly how to fix it.

MBworld member
kjb55(Illinois, US)says...

Short version:

DO NOT buy anything before you contact Peter and buy what hardware he says, then have him install and configure the software. You will have the best system available.

My experience:

I did a ton of research before buying a system from one of the many places (ie: China) that offer packages. I bought a C4 with Dell 630, etc. etc. Luckily, the hardware I bought was good. However, I always had doubts about the software. Buggy, sometimes wouldn't connect, lacked functions that supplier said were included. I had 05/2018 software and was about to upgrade from the supplier I originally sourced from, to 09/2019 version on an SSD. By chance, I ran across some posts with other users experience with Peter and reached out to him to see if my hardware would work with his software. After speaking with Peter - I was so confident in him that I decided to wipe the SSD I had with 05/2018 and go with his install, rather than buy another SSD and archive what I had already bought as a fail safe.

Peter spent HOURS doing the configuration and install, then spent another hour with the system hooked up to my car and making sure everything worked. The difference in operation and software is night and day. If you're considering buying a diagnostic system - I can't recommend this solution enough. It's that good. I'm working on 2000 - 2017 (so far) MBs as a DIY and this is the best system for the money you will spend.

MBworld member
MarkCan(Ontario, Canada)says...

I’ve had the C4 system for several month now. And to be exact I have 2 of them. The first one was purchased “ready to go” installed on a hard drive. Just plug and play, so they say.

The second was installed by Peter. I’ve asked him what would be the optimal spec laptop for his installation and that’s what I prepared for him.

Both systems are operational now but there is a significant difference in the way they operate. The first one, from time to time requires some intervention. Most of which I have learned to deal with. Although it can be frustrating if you set out to perform a certain task and instead you need to deal with the software setup. It can be discouraging.

Going to the system installed and set up by Peter there is no hassle. It just works the way it should!

Support. Of course, I got support for both systems. On the first system I already used the service but due to the hours of operation and time zone difference it wasn’t easy.

Now again, when it comes to Peters installation, we had few conversations but none of them were problem related, as there are none!

I find Peter very approachable, reliable, responsive and his service flawless.

MBworld member
BayArchitect(California, US)says...

For years I struggled to identify fault codes in my CL. I purchased several OBD readers, including the expensive Autel MaxiSys MS906TS--which several automotive wags said was the answer to Xentry. When those didn't work, I purchased a Chinese Xentry system on Amazon and their recommended hardware. There were problems with both the hardware and the software and I couldn't get them to work either. Finally, I contacted PMercury and asked him about setting up Xentry and WIS. For a very reasonable fee, Peter guided me through the process of purchasing the correct IBM Thinkpad and Xentry hardware. He guided me throgh the purchase of the correct hardware, then he configured it for me, installed software that actually works). He spent a great deal of time patiently training me to use the software--which has been a Godsend. If you enjoy working on your Mercedes, you need Xentry and WIS. Peter is the one person you can rely on to install the system properly. And his name (Benz Ninja) is appropriate because he works with the knowledge and speed of a ninja. Wherever you live in the world, Peter can probably help you. He really knows his stuff. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

MBworld member
HopefullyE63(San Juan, Puerto Rico)says...

Pmercury is an invaluable resource for ANY MB owner ANYWHERE in the world! I'm in San Juan Puerto Rico and would not be driving an old MB without having the ability to get online help especially from the Benz Ninja himself! I have more than a few hours of diagnosing with him and have solved problems that would have cost more than the car is worth retail. If you love your MB and have some mechanical prowess your best investment is to get help from the Benz Ninja.

MBworld member
Swamp Fox(Arkansas, US)says...

I have been in the BMW world for about a decade and using their software ISTA/D & ISTA/P. I went with a very reputable company for that software and when there were problems during installation I am glad I had them there to support and figure out the problem(s) and there were a couple. Now, I am getting into the Mercedes world and after A LOT of reading reviews and blogs I picked Pmercury aka Benz Ninja to go with for Mercedes Benz diagnostic software. I am REALLY glad I did. He was so nice and helpful from the very beginning to the very end. The installation was much smoother than the company I went with for BMW software. The finished product runs wonderfully! Also, just knowing he is there in-case you need help in the future is valuable to me instead of some place in China who you never know if they will be of any help. I highly recommend Benz Ninja

MBworld member
Slcharge(Syddanmark, Denmark)says...

Benz Ninja is the real stuff, both his service and his product. Real OEM Diagnostic Tool, Service your car, no problem, Update online or offline SCN coding, no problem, Lock free MB options, no problem, Full database on all MB cars comes with the install. Too much to mention.

Benz Ninja is a great guy, and do a fantastic job, for a small fee.

Kim Wissing.

Ouch, another huge workshop, maybe this one does know what he hired me for....... LOL !

Gili's Automotive http://www.gilisautomotive.com/ (Maryland, US)says...

I am running a euro shop here in the usa and finally found a great system that actually works!

Highly recommend Benz Ninja he has the best system i could find with excellent support i now can scan activate code and program and code , benz ninja has build a system that let you reset system that otherwise will require on line access not any more ,,

Don't buy chinese system and waist your time they dont work

If you need a benz system that works with support this is it !

Thank you !!

MBworld member
MagmaRed55(New Hampshire, US)says...

This right here, is the real deal! I received friendly helpful service from the Benz Ninja. He spent 10 hours installing the while shebang on my computer despite my slow internet connection. The whole time he remained polite and helpful. I would do the whole thing again.

Ouch, another workshop and MBworld member
Hendrik Koster(Texas, US)says...

December 2019

I have used the Benz Ninja - SDS Star Diagnostic System services for several Mercedes Benz cars that I'm taking care of for others as well as my own cars.

With his support we have been able to resolve some very unusual and complicated issues, like a no-start condition (that initially showed no error codes at all) on a CL65.

His ability to work directly online with any end user and communicate in about any major language makes his service stand out and to us of greater value when compared to others.

MBworld member
amg_55_cruiser(Arizona, US)says...

Peter was very professional and courteous answering all my questions about SDS, options, support and pricing.

He passed in his knowledge, experience and never asked to be paid. He explained how his service worked and followed through on every item.

I had been planning for 2 years to get STAR SDS and everytime I was about to purchase someone would interject with some absorb input that derailed me. Peter put an end to that...very satisfied with his service and support.

Cannot day enough good things about his service. Highly recommend!

Happy 2020!!!

Mick

MBworld memberNoJive55says...Enter your experience with Pmercury aka ********* and his service.

Mercedes coined the term long ago..."THE BEST OR NOTHING". Peter lives up to the motto with his services, knowledge, patients/persistence and true professionalism time after time.

What's to say that has not been said already? Peters services and what he has to offer in my opinion is a steal, he should be charging 4 times his price of entry but he's not "That Guy". He's a business man second and a TRUE Mercedes enthusiast First.

I think this guy is from another planet, he never sleeps. I often forget about the time difference and even at 12:01 A.M. (or later) Peter seems to be on the other end eager and ready to help. I could go on forever but long story short~ If you're reading this and are on the fence about going another route....DONT!! Peter has the best to offer shy of getting your hands on a second hand MB Star system. For around a $$$ you can have the real deal hooked up and running with your own laptop and all.Not to mention you also gain a friend (Peters one Cool cat) that's available to help work on your car with you almost always, that alone is PRICELESS!!! Who else and where else can you find that kind of service these days??

If you're too cheap to afford Peters services and have anything negative to say maybe you should look into buying a Toyota and do some more research on what the man has to offer

Thanks for EVERYTHING Peter it's always a pleasure to work with you Sir

MBworld member
amg8(California, US)says...Great service from Peter! From initial contact to setting up the system. He also helped answer some questions that I had after sale. Great guy to deal with. I would highly recommend his service to anyone if you're wanting to work on your Mercedes!!

proud of 100% more than happy friends in my club who recommend me every day

sleep on this you 4 bitter haters, , always the same, since ever...

https://mybestdealers.com

Last edited by pmercury; 05-10-2020 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:23 PM

OMG THIS IDIOT IS A GOD

In his dreams
AT THE VERY LEAST A LEGEND IN HIS OWN MIND LOL

Last edited by ray0214; 04-29-2020 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:51 PM

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
2005 SL500, 2016 SL550, 2014 Boxter S, 2018 CT6
Where is the moderator.

Ruedney gets kickedout, but this continues.

Ruedney help lots of people and is missed
Old 04-29-2020, 11:37 PM

i could be wrong, but my understanding is that Rodney didn’t get kicked, he just got tired of all the drama from some people and quit. Rudeney is a moderator in the other forum. But I definitely agree with you. Rudeney was always eager to assist with ACURATE information. The forum is not the same unfortunately
Leej (04-29-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 01:01 AM

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
2008 SL550 R230, 2004 E320 W211
@sean65 I hope somewhere in the mess above that your question was answered... It's disappointing that postings about diagnostic systems digress into this back and forth on this forum, and that there are strong desires by some members that others should be excluded from this forum. Unfortunately, there are many good contributors who have left because of this.

I've tried to stay out of the bickering as I consider myself still fairly new to this forum, but against better judgement, I have to add to the fire and call it like I see it... So I apologize beforehand...

@Remington Wow, you got caught up in the crossfire.

@Dudeman I appreciate your perspective on this, and while you have offended some, you called it like you saw it, and more importantly you clearly stated that you were mistaken and you apologized (not something you see very often on this forum!) . Others may take offense to the way you said it or your opinions of others, but you did own up to it and apologize. Too often, people get very offended when someone is extremely blunt, but I would rather know where someone stands even if it offends me. I have a lot of respect for that.

@pmercury Peter, with all due respect, you really need to chill out sometimes. You have a lot of knowledge to share with the group, and as I have said many times, you have a lot of satisfied customers! I know others have attacked you, but it is because of the way you sometimes present yourself. Just because someone else offers advice or experience on setting up a SDS system through some other means, or just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that your services are bad or that you are bad person, it just means that there are other options that have different pros and cons. As I mentioned to you once before, stay out of the mud otherwise you get dirty, and that's what people remember. Again, thank you for helping me with some history on my VIN.

@bobterry99 Good to see you here again.

@ray0214 You are right, this forum is not the same without some of the key contributors who have left due to the recent drama. @Rudeney was a real asset, and it is a shame that he is not around anymore.

@JamesMitchell Thanks for posting some firsthand experience comparing icarsoft II and SDS (Xentry), which was actually related to the original question. However, please don't use the banter above to suggest that someone should no longer be allowed to participate. Everyone has something to offer, even if you disagree or they offend you.

To all, I come to this forum for help on my R230 and to trade advise, experiences, and opinions (right and wrong), and also hang out with others who enjoy their car. Sometimes we all need to put our egos aside (or insult and disagree with each other but have some thicker skin).

@speedlimit Man, we need you here! Maybe just to tell everyone to calm down...

Finally, feel free to disagree with anything I have said above, tell me where I'm wrong, and even insult me; I probably won't respond. I'm planning on flushing my ABC fluid this weekend, as well as replacing the sunroof bellows and some trunk weather strip trim on our old E320 with my sons (and I'm really looking forward to it!)

I hope I haven't offended anyone with my post above (or maybe I offended everyone); it seems wrong to write such a long post that doesn't have anything to do with a car, but I thought it needed to be said. I really hope others will continue to disagree with each other (and me), but also to let it go...

Cheers

Lee

Last edited by Leej; 04-30-2020 at 01:06 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Leej:
alexisvx (04-30-2020), pmercury (05-01-2020), sweseman (08-08-2020), thegorilla (09-30-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 06:34 AM

I hope you are right. I always looked forward to his comments. Maybe he will return when things get better on the forums
Leej (04-30-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 06:58 AM

Received 796 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Things are fine on FORUMS, only some bad fights in R230 Hope this is over now
Stop talking in his name when you don't even chat with him.
He was never kicked out and I hope HE IS OK. He was active and just updated his professional workshop website to something modern.
http://benzbits.com
You forgot that there is a virus around that already hit 1 million people officially so in reality 25.000.000 as only a few got tested

The funny thing is that the 4-team can't stop it, just see below,
they continue to reconfort each other in a 4 junior/regular members circle argument thing

only 4 out of 427286 happy members.
to be ignored....

Last edited by pmercury; 05-01-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:08 AM

How does me chatting with him or not impact MY opinion of the value of his contributions??
Old 04-30-2020, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2003 SL500, 1991 500SL
If you were choosing between two new cars you really liked -- a Honda and a Toyota -- should you trust the Honda salesman to decide for you? Or if a Honda buyer had the most wonderful things to say about his car, and he told you to buy one, *but* he knew nothing about the Toyota and had never driven one, should his advice influence your choice very much?

Answers: No, and No.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:13 AM

Your phone number is all I need to verify you are who you say you are. If you are indeed a person working or owning this business, you should have no problem giving me that number.

I'M WAITING !!!!
Originally Posted by pmercury
Things are fine on FORUMS, only some bad fights in R230 Hope this is over now
Stop talking in his name when you don't even chat with him.
He was never kicked out and I hope HE IS OK. He was active and just updated his professional workshop website to something modern
http://benzbits.com
You forgot that there is a virus around that already hit 1 million people officially so in reality 25.000.000 as only a few got tested
things will be better when you stop telling people what to do or not to do.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:37 AM
Banned

Received 388 Likes on 307 Posts
'09 S600, (2) R129 300SLs, '03 SL500, '03 SL55
Rodney is a class act. He gave tremendously to this forum and neither asked for nor expected anything in return. Not even a “Like”. His posts are a perfect example of how one should conduct themselves on a forum. I can think of posts I have made in the past three years where prior to clicking "Submit Reply" I wish I had paused long enough to ask myself the question, would Rodney post this?

In the past two months I’ve been in contact with several members, including Rodney. For reasons of confidentiality I can not mention the reasons why he chooses to no longer post. I can say that he is fine, and I believe he might return at some point in the future.
The following 3 users liked this post by bobterry99:
danmm7 (05-05-2020), KennyK (05-01-2020), Leej (05-01-2020)
Old 05-01-2020, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by bobterry99
Rodney is a class act. He gave tremendously to this forum and neither asked for nor expected anything in return. Not even a “Like”. His posts are a perfect example of how one should conduct themselves on a forum. I can think of posts I have made in the past three years where prior to clicking "Submit Reply" I wish I had paused long enough to ask myself the question, would Rodney post this?

In the past two months I’ve been in contact with several members, including Rodney. For reasons of confidentiality I can not mention the reasons why he chooses to no longer post. I can say that he is fine, and I believe he might return at some point in the future.
I agree with you bobterry99. Rudeney was a valuable member of this forum, a true MB guru if there is such a thing, never begging for likes, just wisely offering sage advice to those in need.
danmm7 (05-05-2020)
Old 05-03-2020, 04:02 PM

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts
'07 S65 '05 SL65 '07 GL450 '03 SL55 (sold)
@pmercury
Man, you are unfreaking believable! You actually created a fake account as this "Remington" guy just so you can peddle you Xentry crap. YOU ARE A SHAMELESS SCUMBAG !!!

And before you deny it, there's no mistaking your writing (speach pattern if you will). This is 100% YOU !!!
sean65 I just recently purchased my own Mercedes SDS system through Peter (AKA ********* username: pmercury) and when I started researching into getting a Mercedes Diagnostic System, the journey quickly left me confused and weary from all the different versions sellers were offering which I'm sure your experiences may be similar. Although I had prior knowledge that many of these systems were coming from China, with a little research it's easy to tell that most, if not all, of these sellers are just selling repackaged versions originating from China with varied levels of markup, sub-standard or dubious quality, possible added security compromising software, and no guarantee of a warranty when you encounter hiccups or product failure.

This is where I happened to run across Peter and all my concerns and uncertainties melted away. He embodies the essence of customer service and I can say with certainty that your investment in a Xentry system is best left with Peter. He is as patient as he is knowledgeable and he will help you navigate through all the possible pitfalls you might encounter had you NOT sought Peter's help and you will undoubtedly save money in the long run trying to do it yourself. Save yourself the headache and leave it to a Professional like Peter to do what he does best so you don't have to concern yourself on things that could be better spent elsewhere.
@sean65 That post from Remington is a fake. PMercuriy does this periodically when he wants to sell his sh!*. He has no shame or morals. And this is one of the reasons while some of us have stepped away from being active on this forum.
Leej -
My comment to Dudeman was this: "Dudeman - just read through this thread and it’s sad someone like you can berate and insult another forum member and still be allowed to participate. Why you have so much pent up anger is really a mystery. But to wrongfully accuse and insult someone then apologize for being wrong really shows your lack of judgment. Worse, the casual DIY guy perusing this forum will really get turned off by your antics."
To which you write the following: "
JamesMitchell Thanks for posting some firsthand experience comparing icarsoft II and SDS (Xentry), which was actually related to the original question. However, please don't use the banter above to suggest that someone should no longer be allowed to participate. Everyone has something to offer, even if you disagree or they offend you."

Lee - I personally think it's rude for any forum member to say what Dudeman stated above, but I'm not using any banter to suggest anything. MBWorld Terms of Use prohibit the use of abusive and hateful messages. Here they are verbatim:
"
Forums Acceptable Use Policy
You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

Dudeman's comments violate several of the forum rules of acceptable use. Period. I'm surprised other forum members accept such behavior and even defend it? But they aren't my rules - they're the rules of the forum. That's why I was curious why he was still allowed to participate. Hope that clears that up.

All - as these cars get older and change owners, there's going to be even more of a need for these forums to help new owners understand these complex cars. I agree with having a robust discussion forum and diagnostic systems are definitely going to be needed for future owners. I have found help from many folks and as I learn more about my cars, and I plan to pay it forward as well. I've helped in the X164 forum previously and plan to help in the other subforums going forward. I gotta say, though, the R230 subforum seems to be the only subforum within MBWorld (that I've seen) where there's a lot of personal attacks and judgments made. Hope that can change in the future.

Last edited by JamesMitchell; 05-03-2020 at 04:34 PM.
pmercury (05-03-2020)