SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Nightmare of issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 03:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SL500-R230
Which module contains code b1076

I have read where b1076 could for eg be caused by a faulty aircon controller. Look at the brown wired can connectors under the carpet and under the parcel door behind the driver seat... I cant remember exactly but one pair is red or black striped and the rest white striped, or the other way around. The odd one connects the 2 strips together. Disconnect multiple ones one at a time, reset all codes, check repeat next one front and back to see if one being disconnected makes everything behave bar a module not being scanable (hopefully the removed one and potentially faulty)
Obviously check the "odd" that runs front to back is OK, Meaure volatages both sides of pair both ends

Last edited by m60kaf; 05-29-2021 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-30-2021, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes sl350
Originally Posted by m60kaf
Which module contains code b1076

I have read where b1076 could for eg be caused by a faulty aircon controller. Look at the brown wired can connectors under the carpet and under the parcel door behind the driver seat... I cant remember exactly but one pair is red or black striped and the rest white striped, or the other way around. The odd one connects the 2 strips together. Disconnect multiple ones one at a time, reset all codes, check repeat next one front and back to see if one being disconnected makes everything behave bar a module not being scanable (hopefully the removed one and potentially faulty)
Obviously check the "odd" that runs front to back is OK, Meaure volatages both sides of pair both ends
hi it’s showing fault code in the drivers side sam (rhd).

I will carry out what you have said and come back to you. What I can’t understand is why the other fault codes aren’t clearing. Any ideas?

thanks
Old 05-30-2021, 10:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SL500-R230
Then brown/brn&Red on pin 6 and 7 of Sam run to X30/15 can bus connector in pass footwell check it out

Also try clear codes with engine running

Do Headlights and aircon work?
Old 06-01-2021, 06:38 AM

Mercedes sl350
Originally Posted by m60kaf
Then brown/brn&Red on pin 6 and 7 of Sam run to X30/15 can bus connector in pass footwell check it out

Also try clear codes with engine running

Do Headlights and aircon work?

Hi

I’ll check the aircon. I know the lights work however have a tendency to flick on and off by themselves if that makes sense. They do like a blink when the dashboard resets with the warning lights.

Old 06-11-2021, 06:53 AM

Mercedes sl350
Hi

so haven’t had much time to work on the car. So I decided to take apart the front passenger carpet.
now it does look like water has been there as I went all the to the under the seat which is damp. Secondly the heater is working but the fan is not working on full speed. I’ve cleared the drains but I think I’ll have to take the wheel off and clear the drainage system properly.

can anyone confirm if there is anything else I need to do.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2021, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 288 Likes on 219 Posts
'03 SL55 Black, '03 SL500's Aegean, Mars Red, Tazanite, Alabaster, '11 S550 Flint Gray
You should probably remove the passenger seat so that the carpet can be raised off of the floor pan to properly dry. Also check the drivers side. For a convertible, this car is really not built for taking on water. It has a huge sponge attached to the carpet, poor drainage in the floor pan, and CAN hubs and seat controllers sitting right in the potential wet spots.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:29 AM

Mercedes sl350
Originally Posted by MikeJ65
You should probably remove the passenger seat so that the carpet can be raised off of the floor pan to properly dry. Also check the drivers side. For a convertible, this car is really not built for taking on water. It has a huge sponge attached to the carpet, poor drainage in the floor pan, and CAN hubs and seat controllers sitting right in the potential wet spots.
I think I’ve found my problem. So after you said drivers side I decided to have a feel down under the carpet. It’s soaking. The drivers side is worse then the passengers.

will start to strip the drivers side first.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 288 Likes on 219 Posts
'03 SL55 Black, '03 SL500's Aegean, Mars Red, Tazanite, Alabaster, '11 S550 Flint Gray
Remove the seats, squeeze as much water as you can from the carpet padding and suck/mop up everything on the floor pan. Put some supports under the carpet so that you have a nice air gap and blow air in if you can. When everything is dry, clean all of the CAN connectors. Check function on your seats before you bolt them back down, the controllers sit right on top of the carpet and it is possible that they got wet as well. They are way easier to work on outside of the car.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:46 AM

2009 SL550
The consumer battery plays havoc with everything when its low or dead. I get multiple weird issues until its charged.....