Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2021, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audi
ABC suspension

I have a 2006 SL500 (R230).
I have the following fault codes:
C1531-8 (Although locking valve is closed the right rear suspension strut moves)
C1525-64 (System pressure to low)
C1526-16 (fault in pressure supply)

Occasionally when I start the car I get the white ABC warning light to visit workshop.

I turn off the car, turn it back on and it doesn't come back until I let the car sit for a day or 2 and then same procedure.

The oil level was low once so I filled it up. When I started the car it spit up oil from the ABC oil resevoir.

Can this be a blown accumulator? Ive never done a "rodeo" or changed the fluid or filter. Car has 50K miles.

The car is level, never sinks even if I leave it for a week or 2 with out starting it.

Any ideas? I've read numerous threads and the trouble shooting guide floating around, and from what I gather it can be anything from the valve block, pump, accumulators or strut. I don't want to start changing expensive parts aimlessly without knowing which part is causing the problem. Anyone have this problem and solved it?

Thanks
Old 06-15-2021, 10:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
S55, SL500, 500SL
Originally Posted by sbournazos
Can this be a blown accumulator?
I very much doubt it. Since this occurs when you start the engine, it could be a sluggish-acting pressure sensor. If this is the case, then I believe you can simply ignore the message.