SL/R230: No seat belt warning light.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2023, 07:58 AM
HIS

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL500 2003
No seat belt warning light.

Some time ago the seat belt warning light stopped working. Now I can drive without the seat belt on and no warning comes up in cluster. In my ODB diagnostic tool there are no error messages, but when I look a little deeper in the Restraint System under "View data" I find two messages.

Seat belt buckle for driver connected. (Seat belt it’s not connected)
Seat belt buckle for driver switch S68/3, Short circuit to positive or resistance too high.

These messages exist for both left and right front seats. All other functions of the seat work fine.
I have dismantled both Seat belt buckle to check the switch and its working fine.
I have also disconnected the harness from both seat control module under the seat and still getting the same message in the ODB reader. Very weird!! So where does the message come from??
Anyone know where the harness from seat control module is connected to? There must be more control units involved in this problem.
Old 01-09-2023, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R230 SL500
Originally Posted by HIS
Some time ago the seat belt warning light stopped working. Now I can drive without the seat belt on and no warning comes up in cluster. In my ODB diagnostic tool there are no error messages, but when I look a little deeper in the Restraint System under "View data" I find two messages.

Seat belt buckle for driver connected. (Seat belt it’s not connected)
Seat belt buckle for driver switch S68/3, Short circuit to positive or resistance too high.

These messages exist for both left and right front seats. All other functions of the seat work fine.
I have dismantled both Seat belt buckle to check the switch and its working fine.
I have also disconnected the harness from both seat control module under the seat and still getting the same message in the ODB reader. Very weird!! So where does the message come from??
Anyone know where the harness from seat control module is connected to? There must be more control units involved in this problem.
just to confirm, with the ignition on d oyou get a red seatbelt light ?
Old 01-09-2023, 12:29 PM
HIS

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL500 2003
No. I have to start the engine, then the light comes on for about 5 seconds and then it doesn't come on again until the next start.