SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Multi Contour Seats Not Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2024 | 02:04 PM

c300
Multi Contour Seats Not Working

Both of my Muti Contour Seats are not working. All other items, door locks, trunk are functioning properly. I get the red pulse light and a clicking sound when operating any of the other seat functions. I've pulled the PSE fuse thinking I may hear a leak of some sort, but nothing. it almost seams there is no air going to the seats at all. I did run a scan that states B1555-032 Left and Right leak at bottom inflatable cushion. I've since cleared them and it hasn't returned. Still not functioning. I recently purchased the car with no service history but remember the owner stating that at one point the locks stop working and I think he said he had the PSE replaced. Is it possible the pump wasn't coded properly for the Multi contour seats?
Old 10-14-2024 | 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55 Black, '03 SL500's Aegean, Mars Red, Tazanite, Alabaster, '11 S550 Flint Gray
That's probably the case, although you should also expect bladder leaks once you do have an air supply. I believe that the default coding on the replacement PSE module is Not Equipped for Multi-Contour. I also sometimes code it out if there are leaks and no plan to repair.