SL/R231: Beltronics STiR+ with Mid City Cluster Interface

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 03:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 SL550 and 1973 Pantera L
Beltronics STiR+ with Mid City Cluster Interface

Guys:

I'm in the process of installing a Beltronics STiR Plus detector, with the Mid City Engineering Cluster Interface (#9500HS125/500, the version that works with the R231 Distronic Plus radar system), in my 2013 550.

To do this, one of the necessities of the installation, is connecting into the audio mute wiring within the Command audio system.

And that's my problem. If anyone has any suggestions, I'll be very grateful.

... especially if they work...

Thanks,

Chris
Old 09-30-2013, 03:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 SL550 and 1973 Pantera L
Fellow 550 drivers;

I have completed my installation of my Beltronics STiR+ radar/laser detector, with the Mid City Engineering integration system.

It works. And works very well. The car's radar emissions (Distronic system) does not interfere with the Beltronics system since they're connected via the CANbus by the Mid City integration system. One nice thing is the entire system is hidden, except for a small LED that I installed near the Command display screen. The Beltronics unit is software upgradeable, both for firmware, and for red light cameras, speed traps, etc. It's own GPS system also works well in identifying "safe" radar emissions, and will mark them as "safe" within the unit's database.

I had the system installed in Sacramento, CA. If anyone's interested in the details, PM me.

Chris

csdifani@gmail.com