SL-Class (R231) 2013 on: Discussion on the SL550

SL/R231: Repairs made by MB Dealer on AutoCheck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 11:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lexus LS460 L
Repairs made by MB Dealer on AutoCheck

Good morning. I recently posted that I purchased a 2013 SL550 in NY (I live in Chicago). I also posted the car was having a "wobbliness" when driving. The dealer here in IL found 2 bent rims which I had repaired.

When I was negotiating the car I was given an AutoCheck (not Carfax) on this vehicle. It shows 2 "electrical system serviced" and 1 "suspension serviced", all within 6 weeks and all within 2 1/2 years of manufacture. How can I get more details on this? Do I need to contact the dealer in NY (which I dread), dealer here in IL or is this something I can access online somewhere to get more details?

Thanks in advance,
Jen
Old 10-18-2017, 11:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 E450 Wagon
If the repairs were performed at a dealer, then any other dealer should be able to access the records from Mercedes. If performed under the new car warranty, the records are likely to be more extensive. As an aftermarket service provider, we report our service/repairs to Carfax. We have received calls from potential buyers of cars we have serviced requesting more information found through a Carfax report. We are happy to further explain the rather brief listing shown in Carfax.

FYI- Our customers also have the option of "opting out" of us reporting a service/repair to Carfax. Which we will reluctantly honor if so requested.

You can access the service records of a vehicle you own from what Carfax has on record for free. Should be on the Carfax website. You will need to have your 17 digit VIN number handy.

Last edited by GermanCars; 10-18-2017 at 11:14 AM.