SL-Class (R231) 2013 on: Discussion on the SL550

SL/R231: How did this SL do this with his headlights???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 07:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL550, Gallardo, F360, E350, Escalade
Angry How did this SL do this with his headlights???

I was driving down the road on I-75 and behind me was a R213 SL during a bright sunny day. However he was somehow driving with his parking lights (the little eyebrows) and his driving lights on but no headlights. And on top of that his eyebrow lights were WHITE! My parking lamps or eyebrow lights are yellow and the only way they come on is at night when headlights are on. If I try to turn on just the parking lights via the headlamp switch they come on yellow BUT the driving lights (lights at the bottom bumper) turn off.

Ive read my manual over and over again and can't seem to duplicate what I saw. I want the white eyebrow lights on with the driving lights on same time just like that guy! LOL

Old 12-31-2018, 09:34 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 SL400, BMW Z3, Datsun 280Z, a couple of jeep Grand Cherokee's - And a Commander Airplane
Lighting

Originally Posted by ho52806
I was driving down the road on I-75 and behind me was a R213 SL during a bright sunny day. However he was somehow driving with his parking lights (the little eyebrows) and his driving lights on but no headlights. And on top of that his eyebrow lights were WHITE! My parking lamps or eyebrow lights are yellow and the only way they come on is at night when headlights are on. If I try to turn on just the parking lights via the headlamp switch they come on yellow BUT the driving lights (lights at the bottom bumper) turn off.

Ive read my manual over and over again and can't seem to duplicate what I saw. I want the white eyebrow lights on with the driving lights on same time just like that guy! LOL
May have been a European spec/ build car. Their lighting is quite different than the American Spec one's.
The following users liked this post:
rorywquin (01-02-2019)