SL-Class (R231) 2013 on: Discussion on the SL550

SL/R231: FWIW, $5000 Appreciation Bonus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 12:36 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
FWIW, $5000 Appreciation Bonus

If you're in the area and looking to buy a new SL, test drive a new Mercedes at their pavilion at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance (which ends tomorrow, August 18), and you'll receive a "$5000 Appreciation Bonus" in the email, which is a factory rebate on top of any deal you can negotiate at a dealership, for a purchase or lease of certain new MY2019 & MY2020 Mercedes, good through Feb 13, 2020. Valid for S-Class, including Maybach, SL, CLS and all AMG models except G63. The offer cannot be combined with DEL, DEL+, MBDEAL, Diplomat or any Fleet program. I have no ideal what the first 3 programs are, but it seems the rebate will also work with the European Delivery Program.

If you can't make it, I'm guessing Mercedes offers similar rebates at other major car events. I'm not in the market yet for a new Benz, but it is tempting. I hope someone benefits from this!

p.s. No news on future changes to the SL. The emphasis was more on SUVs, including the forthcoming Maybach SUV.
The following 2 users liked this post by seascape:
.LMS. (08-18-2019), places (08-18-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,698 Likes on 2,114 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Without going into the details as to exactly how I got this same $5K from MB, let me say that I believe that this money is available to pretty much anyone, who can make a good case as to why they deserve it. Being a long time MB customer for their higher end cars is probably close to the top of the list. Looking at one of their more expensive vehicles, especially a model that is not flying out of dealer showrooms is certainly another. And, when you think about it, why not? If they have a much underused capacity to build a car, that has an MSRP of $100K or more, it only behooves them to do whatever they can to get you to sign on that dotted line. Enough said, but as you might imagine, if they are handing these discounts out at a car show event, what difference does it make if they give it to you while you are looking at your iPad from the comfort of your easy chair? Just sayin.
The following 2 users liked this post by Streamliner:
allfortheunion (08-25-2019), SLclass (08-26-2019)