SL-Class (R232) Discussion on the 2022 R232

SL/R232: Any experience with " coding" ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2022, 05:54 PM

Received 186 Likes on 100 Posts
2022 AMG SL63, 2015 Ferrari 458 Spyder, 2021 ALPINA B7
Any experience with " coding" ?

As some of you know I have been quite irritated about MB dropping the Oil Pressure gauge from the menu of available information.

I really want it, so I the options as I see them are:

1 - adding an aftermarket analog/digital oil pressure gauge - yes, it can be done but it will look quite awkward and really stick out.

2 - I believe one can "code " this information into the existing software, provided you get someone who really knows what they are doing.

The information is available to the system just needs to get manifested into one of the intormation windows.

So, I really would like to know if any of you have had any experience in coding supplemental information into an existing software framework?
Old 10-08-2022, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,282 Likes on 2,040 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by Tifoso48
As some of you know I have been quite irritated about MB dropping the Oil Pressure gauge from the menu of available information.

I really want it, so I the options as I see them are:

1 - adding an aftermarket analog/digital oil pressure gauge - yes, it can be done but it will look quite awkward and really stick out.

2 - I believe one can "code " this information into the existing software, provided you get someone who really knows what they are doing.

The information is available to the system just needs to get manifested into one of the intormation windows.

So, I really would like to know if any of you have had any experience in coding supplemental information into an existing software framework?
Last time I remember seeing the oil pressure gauge was on the W140 S-Class. Am I missing something?
Unlike BMW where coding is almost essential to add functionality available in other countries, Mercedes has less options. While some coding can be performed on MB's, if MBUX doesn't have that data display available in another country, there is no chance to add this to the MBUX UI.