SL-Class (R232) Discussion on the 2022 R232

SL/R232: How is this even possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 05:15 PM

Received 179 Likes on 96 Posts
2022 AMG SL63, 2015 Ferrari 458 Spyder, 2021 ALPINA B7
How is this even possible?

We spent half the year in DC and the other half on the east coast of Florida. I had to go to DC to deal with a bit of an emergency and had some spare time.

It was a beautiful day and so I took the SL for a spin and went to our dealership to find out if actual solutions had been found for some of the outstanding recalls.

Talked to the service manager who checked the system and to both of our amazement the system indicated that all campaigns had been completed on an SL with my vin number, by a dealership on the West Coast of Florida.

Also amazingly it indicated the correct mileage it would have had in November last year when we left DC for Florida

The fact is that my SL has never left DC and certainly none of the indicated repairs were completed on my car.

So, my dealership is looking into this and will resolve this amicably. The issue is that I need to get these repairs done on my car and of course that dealership in Florida got paid for services not rendered.

I am really scratching my head wondering how this is even possible?!?!
Old 03-24-2024, 12:19 AM

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts
SL63
Not for nothing, but there are plenty of scam artists out there.
These scam artists are usually smart enough to hold down an honest job, or be an honest entrepreneur, but for some reason find scamming to be their obsession.
They work just as long and just as hard, and there might just be just as many of them as there are honest hard working people.
But even though they work long and hard at their craft, and they are not alone, they are going down a road like Leonardo DiCaprio in “Catch Me If You Can”.
Turns out a lot of that movie might have over extensively made use of poetic license, to put it kindly.
So stories about scams might also be like Russian nesting dolls.
A scam in a scam.
Maybe more like the movie “Inception” which was excellent.