SL-Class (R232) Discussion on the 2022 R232

SL/R232: AMG SL 63 Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2024, 11:47 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
SL63 AMG
Originally Posted by superswiss
Yeah, as I pointed out a couple of times in my earlier posts, parking on a slope is a bit tricky with these cars due to the clutch. You have to give it enough throttle for the clutch to start engaging and go uphill. Use the Hill Start Assist or engage the parking brake, then once you give it enough throttle the brakes/parking brake release and it moves.
The terrain is perfectly straight when I put the R, and then there is a VERY SMALL incline, where I park. But the problem is that I put the R and it doesn't move from the spot. When I say that the incline is minimal, I'm not lying to you, I'm attaching photos*

PS: I just went for a drive with the car 20 minutes ago and the following happened to me:

- I arrived, put the R (straight terrain), it didn't move from the spot, I left it for about 3-5 seconds or so and the car started to go backwards but then it stopped again and stayed still, I had to accelerate quite a bit so that it would reach the incline where I am to start parking and when I got there it lost strength to go backwards (until I accelerated quite a bit but it moved me abruptly from the spot).

I already made another appointment with Mercedes for September 10th, I would have liked it to be earlier but they can't attend to me before.... xdd

Old 08-28-2024, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,937 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by aguitadeowito
The terrain is perfectly straight when I put the R, and then there is a VERY SMALL incline, where I park. But the problem is that I put the R and it doesn't move from the spot. When I say that the incline is minimal, I'm not lying to you, I'm attaching photos*

PS: I just went for a drive with the car 20 minutes ago and the following happened to me:

- I arrived, put the R (straight terrain), it didn't move from the spot, I left it for about 3-5 seconds or so and the car started to go backwards but then it stopped again and stayed still, I had to accelerate quite a bit so that it would reach the incline where I am to start parking and when I got there it lost strength to go backwards (until I accelerated quite a bit but it moved me abruptly from the spot).

I already made another appointment with Mercedes for September 10th, I would have liked it to be earlier but they can't attend to me before.... xdd

I see, you are talking about a slightly sloped driveway. Yeah, that shouldn't be an issue. I was thinking of a hill. My driveway has what's known as a roll curb, similar to the picture below. I have to go up diagonally after slowing down almost to a stop and then ease up in order to not scrape my front splitter. I do have to give it throttle and ease into the throttle to find the clutch bite point and then it goes up. It doesn't go up just with idle power and if I give it too much throttle I'm gonna launch up the curb, but there's no delay once I found the bite point.