SL/SLC-Class (R107) 1971-1989 : 250SL, 280SL, 450 SL, 380 SLC, 450 SL, 380 SL, 560 SL

SL/R107: Shout out!!--new design

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
280c
Shout out!!--new design

This is the first in a series of concept sketches that I've created for the R107. This wide body design essentially replaces the whole front clip, the door skins, rocker panels, and rear quarter panels. The rear wing, spoiler, and lower diffuser, as well as the roof scoop are designed to be functional and adjustable.

After doing some research and finding some impressive body kits I felt that there needed to be something more extreme for a reasonable price. I created this wide body rendering with the extrovert in mind. The retro modern theme is evident throughout the design, taking a somewhat dated yet iconic sillouette and getting aggressive with it.

I attended the Art Center College of Design, majoring in automotive design. I also have over 15 years in custom automotive bodywork experience. So what do you think of this design? A scale clay model is in the works and should be ready soon. I also have a 1974 450SL to create the final design in full scale. Is there a small market for this body kit?
Attached Thumbnails Shout out!!--new design-hammerthresh-concept-1.jpg  
Old 08-11-2010, 10:34 AM

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
450SL
If you really want opinions post your design here.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/

There are hundreds of members there and it is the most active 107 forum on the internet. You will get honest opinions.

I don't care for the design but that is my opinion.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
82 380SL 96 SL500
Sorry but I personally don't like it and I think you'll find that most other 107 owners will feel the same.

I doubt you'll find enough market to warrant a short run, but then I'm biased.

Like Myway suggested, if you go to benzworld's 107 forum, you might have a much larger number of opinions.

Regardless. Good Luck.