SL/SLC-Class (R107) 1971-1989 : 250SL, 280SL, 450 SL, 380 SLC, 450 SL, 380 SL, 560 SL

SL/R107: Left cylinder head Air Distribution Hose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1989 560SL
Left cylinder head Air Distribution Hose

I’m replacing the 1 inch OD 3-way vacuum hose on the left top of the engine. This is the 3-way hose that connects between the idling air distributor/cold start injector housing, the left cylinder head Air Distribution Hose and the right cylinder head Air Distribution Hose. I'm struggling with the section of hose that travels under the fuel distributor through a space between the intake runners and connects the right and left side air distribution hoses. It took some hard pulling and twisting to get the old one out and because this is such a tight fit I am assuming the air flow sensor housing was removed when the original hose was installed.

I cannot see any possible way to snake that new hose through the intake runners without removing the air flow sensor housing ... am I correct? The EPC exploded parts view doesn't show a gasket between the airflow sensor housing and the flange so how is a seal maintained between the air flow sensor housing and the flange it mounts on?