SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Brand new SL55 in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
SL55 AMG
Looks like this car is fresh from shipping, but it's interesting to see what Mercedes chooses to protect - the carpets, the door sills (so easy to scratch!) and the COMMAND screen, also so easy to scratch.

I like the red stitching on the black leather.... the attention to detail on this car is great and it's so good to see Mercedes back on track in the quality stakes, I'm hoping the face-lifted S and CL this fall will put those cars back where they belong too. Add in the new CLK and E class and the Mercedes model range is looking better then ever.

If only we could actually buy one...
Old 08-12-2002, 06:41 PM
krm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UCSD,
The van you see in the background of the pic you posted is a Toyota Alphard. The grille and headlights do look like it came off a Cadillac Escalade though.

That shop in Happy Valley, HK is the one where I saw a CLKGTR last christmas. The car and the battery saver/charger that came with it has a plaque which says "16/25" meaning it was production #16 out of the 25 officially produced CLKGTRs in the world. I believe they had a Pagani Zonda S there not long ago too.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
KRM,

i saw the CLK gtr there also, infact they had 2 of them!!! Maybe they sold the Pagani because the only one i see is at a dealer in Wan chai along gloucester road.
Just the other day, i saw a black lambo murcielago driving around. I don't think it was any singer or an actor. Probably a buisinessman. But the number plate was BB 55.
Old 08-13-2002, 01:21 AM
krm

my jaw dropped when I saw one CLKGTR there. Couldn't imagine what I would be like seeing 2 side by side! Haven't been back to HK since last Christmas, wish I could be back to see all the new kind of cars around.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:36 AM

SLK 350 '05
Hey Tezta..i just came back from Hong Kong..

i visted this Car City place with my girlfriend and another friend. We took my dad's driver in the S500, and drove up to this Causeway bay place and when we got near the shop we felt like NOTHING compared to the cars tehre! the day i went, they had 2 mercedes benz Carlsson and 1 Brabus S class, with 2 Lancer Evo's and a L-tuned Lexus LS430 out front!! pretty crazy! the salesman inside was nice, and let us walk around the cars. on that day the CLK-GTR was at an autoshow(i visted later the same day). but in its place was the 360 Modenna and Porsche Targa. when you look down the hall, all you can see if FERRARI"S EVERYWHERE!! that place is PACKED with ferrari's and they are literally parked 1cm or less apart! no joke. This place is really worth visiting, makes you feel poor though.hahaha..
Old 08-15-2002, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Originally posted by Juke-box
Hey Tezta..i just came back from Hong Kong..

i visted this Car City place with my girlfriend and another friend. We took my dad's driver in the S500, and drove up to this Causeway bay place and when we got near the shop we felt like NOTHING compared to the cars tehre! the day i went, they had 2 mercedes benz Carlsson and 1 Brabus S class, with 2 Lancer Evo's and a L-tuned Lexus LS430 out front!! pretty crazy! the salesman inside was nice, and let us walk around the cars. on that day the CLK-GTR was at an autoshow(i visted later the same day). but in its place was the 360 Modenna and Porsche Targa. when you look down the hall, all you can see if FERRARI"S EVERYWHERE!! that place is PACKED with ferrari's and they are literally parked 1cm or less apart! no joke. This place is really worth visiting, makes you feel poor though.hahaha..
Hey,
How long did you stay in HK? Did you check out the Dealers along Gloucester road in Wan Chai? The Authorized lambo dealer, and some Benz dealers are there. I havent been back to Carcity but i do check out what they have from their website. Always new nice cars coming in. One thing sucks though, a lot of cars were in accidents here and i dont think the sellers have to tell you if the car has had a bad history No wonder 2nd hand cars are really cheap
Old 08-15-2002, 11:08 PM

SLK 350 '05
Wan Chai? i have no idea where i am in hk...lol. i travel around via daddy's driver. but i know near Car City, there is Lorinser, Carlsson, and other car shops including one that sells Lambourgini's. they had a Diablo in there in an aweful awful color but the salesman there was snobby as hell so i left..haha

i stayed in hong kong for about 6 weeks. and there are "water cargo" mercedes EVERyWheRe in Tsim Sha Tsui! Sounds nasty, i would never buy from one of those dealers. btw, the new E classes are running around now in Hong Kong. When i picked up my dad's new CL500(go it for bargain), we went into Zung Fu parking lot upstairs and there was an E class with AMG package and that car is HOTT!!! but they say no pics, so i couldn't take picture that time..sorry.

btw, Zung Fu are starting to sell Smart cars in hong kong too! there were 2 smarts going through testing in their Tsim Sha Tsui center in the back, they looked really small next to the S500 lwb haha..

lates Tezta.
Juke
Old 08-18-2002, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Originally posted by Juke-box
Wan Chai? i have no idea where i am in hk...lol. i travel around via daddy's driver. but i know near Car City, there is Lorinser, Carlsson, and other car shops including one that sells Lambourgini's. they had a Diablo in there in an aweful awful color but the salesman there was snobby as hell so i left..haha

i stayed in hong kong for about 6 weeks. and there are "water cargo" mercedes EVERyWheRe in Tsim Sha Tsui! Sounds nasty, i would never buy from one of those dealers. btw, the new E classes are running around now in Hong Kong. When i picked up my dad's new CL500(go it for bargain), we went into Zung Fu parking lot upstairs and there was an E class with AMG package and that car is HOTT!!! but they say no pics, so i couldn't take picture that time..sorry.

btw, Zung Fu are starting to sell Smart cars in hong kong too! there were 2 smarts going through testing in their Tsim Sha Tsui center in the back, they looked really small next to the S500 lwb haha..

lates Tezta.
Juke

Juke,

I know the Diablo you saw was the 6.0 SE, its a gold color, Better than the Brown one they had before. I havent seen any E's yet, but i have seen a few CLK's, they look nice but i have to see the side/rear to distinguish it from the C-class. Hey are you trading in your 430 for a new 500? I guy just bought a white CL500 across from my flat, i see it everytime i look out the window. White is such a great color for the CL.
Old 08-18-2002, 01:19 PM

SLK 350 '05
i think the Diablo was a VT? something like that? i don't remember, but it had no roof, and looked butt ugly. somewhere between a gold and brown color?

white IS definitely a great color for the CL, but too bad my dad got one that was "in the lot" so no choice, it was blue..donno what blue though.
where do you live in Hong Kong Tez?

i saw the CLK 240 w/o sport package at Zung Fu at Hung Hom/Tsim sha Sui in the showroom, actually looked pretty nice. not as big as those pictures. and yes, the car looks like a C class.

nope...i'm keeping the E430 and the E500. i love the E430 too much to sell it just yet. the LS might be sold to a friend for $10,000 CAN.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Hey Juke,

I would take a blue CL no prob Actually i live in the Mid levels, on the Hong Kong island. I've never been to the Zung Fu dealer in Kowloon, the only one i went to was the showroom in Causeway Bay, at the Lee Gardens shopping centre. They had a brand new CL but i have a feeling my neighbor across me bought that car, I also saw a LHD SL500 a while back, before they popped up in the states, it was great, really big too. I havent seen any SL's running around here though, I guess for the new price, you can get a second hand Ferrari 355 or a Diablo even.
Old 08-19-2002, 05:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
That red interior is absolutely beautiful.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Originally posted by Accord
That red interior is absolutely beautiful.
Hell Yes, I really like the berry red with the Obsidian black or Brillinat silver. I think black interior on a convertable is just too much, damn leather gets hot after driving around on a nice sunny day. I dont think anyone bought that 55 yet, it's way too expensive in my opinion, and plus with all the humidity in HK its not exactly fun to drive a convertable.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
I think the red interior would look best on a Magma Red car... although with a red exterior, it may look like overkill.