SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Lindsay Lohan crashed her SL65

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by FL Zinc
Oh I'm sorry, I suppose you were there to witness both accidents. No? Well then you were certainly involved in the investigations after the fact for both accidents? No to that too, eh? Well hmph, how ever can you dismiss someone's idea when its backed by police reports, new legislation that sprung from the first crash, and an investigation into illegal acts by the van driver in the second accident? How about you stick with your first line (Neither of us really know) from that post and just go ahead and delete the rest of it.
Damn, do you have posters of Lohan all over your bedroom wall or something. Some of you people get way to defensive. The point NitrogenBalance is trying to make is that teenagers for one should not be driving high powered cars. A very nice expensive car fine if they earned the money to buy it as Lohan has, but cars with super car power is something they should stay away from until they have several years and then some of road experience and also develop a higher level or maturity and responsibility. Why do you think insurance premiums are the highest for 16-21 year-olds. Do you think its because they make the most money at that age and can afford to pay more?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Almost a Member!

01 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by RawAMGpower
Damn, do you have posters of Lohan all over your bedroom wall or something. Some of you people get way to defensive. The point NitrogenBalance is trying to make is that teenagers for one should not be driving high powered cars. A very nice expensive car fine if they earned the money to buy it as Lohan has, but cars with super car power is something they should stay away from until they have several years and then some of road experience and also develop a higher level or maturity and responsibility. Why do you think insurance premiums are the highest for 16-21 year-olds. Do you think its because they make the most money at that age and can afford to pay more?
Sure don't, not even a fan of hers. What Im pointing out is that he's jumping to conclusions, which have long before been proven wrong. That's right, he's wrong, everyone knows it, and he's stil convinced she was at fault. How can her not at fault accidents be used as an argument for a certain type of person driving a certain type of car. That could have very easily have been anyone else in that car driving at the time the van made an illegal u-turn. Granted, most of us don't have paprazzi ramming us with their car's, but his actions are certainly no fault of her own. That would be like saying, "My dad was rearended by a semi, therefore no men between the ages of 50 and 60 should be able to drive rental Buicks". Use some common sense people, her not being at fault is not a reason to crusade against an age group in a car most of us can't afford anyway. She can afford it even with her obvious new coke habit, so more power to her.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:30 AM

Why do you think insurance premiums are the highest for 16-21 year-olds. Do you think its because they make the most money at that age and can afford to pay more?
I agree with Fl Zinc, not a fan of hers, but if she’s not at fault, you have no concrete evidence which makes it a lousy argument.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by MerzadY_BoY
I agree with Fl Zinc, not a fan of hers, but if she’s not at fault, you have no concrete evidence which makes it a lousy argument.
And what part of my statement rather about teenagers should not drive high powered cars is lousy? I think its common knowledge that teenagers are the most dangerous segment of the population in general driving today and you don't need to make them even more dangerous by giving them a car with over 600HP. If your too to realize or comprehend that then you have other issues to worry about.

If evidence is what you want call any insurance company and ask them how much would insurance cost for a 18 year-old that will be driving a car with over 600HP and then ask them how much that insurance will be if a 45 year-old will be driving that car and lastly ask them the reason for the huge difference in price.

And if it still doesn't make any sense to you beat your head against the wall a few times to wake your brain up.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Almost a Member!

01 Mustang GT
And what part of my statement rather about teenagers should not drive high powered cars is lousy? I think its common knowledge that teenagers are the most dangerous segment of the population in general driving today and you don't need to make them even more dangerous by giving them a car with over 600HP. If your too to realize or comprehend that then you have other issues to worry about.

If evidence is what you want call any insurance company and ask them how much would insurance cost for a 18 year-old that will be driving a car with over 600HP and then ask them how much that insurance will be if a 45 year-old will be driving that car and lastly ask them the reason for the huge difference in price.

And if it still doesn't make any sense to you beat your head against the wall a few times to wake your brain up.
No ones saying 18 year old girls are good drivers, we're saying you can't use Lohan's not at fault accidents to make a case for it. What is it about that that's so hard to comprehend?
Old 10-14-2005, 02:20 PM

No ones saying 18 year old girls are good drivers, we're saying you can't use Lohan's not at fault accidents to make a case for it. What is it about that that's so hard to comprehend?
Uh well I was not referring to Lohan in my previous statement. But now I will. Regardless of wether she was at fault in this accident or could of avoided it if she was driving more astutely is all irrelevant. Reports by all paparazzi that follow Lohan in general is that she continually guns her car or drives it in a reckless manner in a effort to evade them. Her fault or not she is not a safe or responsible driver in general and in time she will likely be in a accident that is her fault.

On top of this I doubt she has Jeff Gordon skills to be driving a car with that much power. She should get a nice expensive car just IMO she does not need a high powered race car right now. Wait several more years get more driving exexperience under your belt become a more responsible adult and then buy the car if you still want it. So tell me what am I missing is this asking too much?
Old 10-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Almost a Member!

01 Mustang GT
So tell me what am I missing is this asking too much?
Who are we to tell her how to spend her money?

The only things we know about her driving record are these two not at fault accidents and what paparazzi say, but I mean hey, they're some of the most respecatble people in the world, right. She may actually be an outstanding driver, neither you nor I know either way. What she may or may not be capable of driving, even in the opinion of a professional driving instructor such as yourself, is a moot point.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:37 PM

Who are we to tell her how to spend her money?
Concerned citizens that who we are. When you operate a vehicle that puts others peoples live in danger people are allowed to voice their opinoin. Let me tell you this. Just because you can do something does not mean you should. As the saying goes "With great power comes great responsibility." However most kids of her age lack that ability to reason and this is were parenting comes into play. And as a good parent you guide your child in the right direction. Lindsay sadly does not have her parents playing this type of role in her life. Which I think she very much needs.

The only things we know about her driving record are these two not at fault accidents and what paparazzi say, but I mean hey, they're some of the most respecatble people in the world, right. She may actually be an outstanding driver, neither you nor I know either way. What she may or may not be capable of driving, even in the opinion of a professional driving instructor such as yourself, is a moot point.
Actually, Lohan has been in more then just 2 accidents check it out.

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/st...-24535,00.html

http://www.cbs47.com/entertainment/s...F-FEF411D504B5

How did you know I was a professional driving instructor? I am one of the best you should come to my school.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Almost a Member!

01 Mustang GT
A personal injury suit stemming from a car accident to cover lost earrings. Must have been a doozy of a pile up! Any news on the outcome? Get that menace of the roads!!!
Attached Thumbnails Lindsay Lohan crashed her SL65-oh-noes.jpg  
Old 10-14-2005, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E63, 2018 AMG GT Convertible
Ms Ditzy

Anyone note that the van she hit turned in front of her, crossing a solid yellow line to do so, just to get to a parking space? And he admitted that on TV! Okay, she was going too fast, but read the manual on WHEN you can turn in front of oncoming traffic, on a two lane road, crossing a solid yellow. The rule is pretty clear . . .
Old 10-14-2005, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Thank you.

No need to defend the girl bud, she is probably driving her third one by now, not to mention she probably wouldn't look twice if you were bleeding to death on the sidewalk. You can bank on that.

You also have a good chance that 90% of the time she drives around in 5" platform shoes with her chin up trying to see over the large hood. Please understand she (and others) are not safe with her driving that car. It's like kids in highschool buying 900cc sport bikes cause they are accessable.