SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: i'm confused!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl500 2003
Question i'm confused!

I have a white 03 SL55 with 4800 miles. This is the best all around car I have oned since those classics I bought in the mid to late fiftys. I know its not a fair comparison because of the changes in technology however back then i had the same feelings about thoes rides as the SL55.
The Benz has the best of all worlds; luxury, handling, power, looks, sound and a wonderfully engineered removable roof. I realy love this car but for those that now me i say that about everything I own.
My confusion is what to do now since my lease is up next November; I was told by my dealer that I could get a "no milage lease" since the miles are so low. Does any one know about the details? is it the deal they say it is? does it come with a warranty once the origional runs out?
I could ship it to my place in Florida, drive the hell out of it until the lease is up and then get something new. But I dont know of any other cars that have it all like the SL55. A ZO6-no convertable but great price if you can get one. the Bently GT-same thing with a higher price. the Farrari- I cant put up with the wait and crap you have to go through to get on from my dealer considering what you have to pay. The after market $$$$ are too high which you end up loosing.
I could always get a new Sl 55, lease it until the new design comes out. (is there any news on when that will happen?)
What am I not considering?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:27 PM

2012 Cls 63 amg, 2006 Bmw M6
Originally Posted by nancijr
I have a white 03 SL55 with 4800 miles. This is the best all around car I have oned since those classics I bought in the mid to late fiftys. I know its not a fair comparison because of the changes in technology however back then i had the same feelings about thoes rides as the SL55.
The Benz has the best of all worlds; luxury, handling, power, looks, sound and a wonderfully engineered removable roof. I realy love this car but for those that now me i say that about everything I own.
My confusion is what to do now since my lease is up next November; I was told by my dealer that I could get a "no milage lease" since the miles are so low. Does any one know about the details? is it the deal they say it is? does it come with a warranty once the origional runs out?
I could ship it to my place in Florida, drive the hell out of it until the lease is up and then get something new. But I dont know of any other cars that have it all like the SL55. A ZO6-no convertable but great price if you can get one. the Bently GT-same thing with a higher price. the Farrari- I cant put up with the wait and crap you have to go through to get on from my dealer considering what you have to pay. The after market $$$$ are too high which you end up loosing.
I could always get a new Sl 55, lease it until the new design comes out. (is there any news on when that will happen?)
What am I not considering?
Thanks in advance for the help.
can u afford an sl65? New/Used?
Old 11-26-2005, 08:09 PM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
4800 miles?! That's a cream-puff...! Why not buy it when the lease is up and hang on to it until 2008 when the new models come out? Trade it in then...

~ Ian
Old 11-26-2005, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
dont keep it, its only a 500.
get a brand new 55 if u can. dont waste ur money on the 65