SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Good price for a F430 (New or Used)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Originally Posted by Juice it
The sad thing is I know people that have done this and "bent" over buying used 550's and 575's from the dealer thinking that was their ticket to the inner circle only to be told "sorry", we just don't have enough allocation. I am hearing this more and more which is why i am thinking the G spyder will do pretty damn well.
yea ive heard some horror stories too, thats why if youre doing it this way you give the dealer your deposit at time of purchase of the used car and get that **** in writing but even then some dealers will drag it on.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by Carnut
Thanks, just called my dealer, can only be put cars with June builds and beyond. I am going to call Valence they made carbon fiber for my other F cars.
hey man sucks that you cant add it but the dealer jsut emailed me a .pdf of the grill, if you shoot me a pm i can forward to you so you can check it out. the retail price on the grill is $2721.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bentley Arnage Red Label
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
yea ive heard some horror stories too, thats why if youre doing it this way you give the dealer your deposit at time of purchase of the used car and get that **** in writing but even then some dealers will drag it on.

Where is you buddy and his pics of his fleets of cars? I think we have the Sultan himself on here!
Old 03-21-2006, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Where is you buddy and his pics of his fleets of cars? I think we have the Sultan himself on here!

lmao, who clayj?
Old 03-21-2006, 03:59 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Yeah. I wonder where the pics are!
Old 03-21-2006, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
dont get me started on that guy, lol. everytime i open my mouth about that guy i get pms from the mods otherwise he would be on full blast all the time. im convinced we'll never see pics but im secretly hoping im wrong and he proves me wrong cause to lie about all that **** on a car forum is real pathetic imho. but then again when you got GM's all over the world, more money than oprah and security is a major concern, what can you do
Old 03-21-2006, 04:17 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
dont get me started on that guy, lol. everytime i open my mouth about that guy i get pms from the mods otherwise he would be on full blast all the time. im convinced we'll never see pics but im secretly hoping im wrong and he proves me wrong cause to lie about all that **** on a car forum is real pathetic imho. but then again when you got GM's all over the world, more money than oprah and security is a major concern, what can you do
Yeah but how many of those guys are on a car forum every day for hours at a time? He seems like a good guy but I think he got in over his head. The one pic he posted I guess was someone elses. If you fleets of exotics why wouldn't you have some pics on your computer or why wouldn't you ever show up at a meet in a Mclaren or a Zonda or something? It's fantasyland.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:02 PM

04 575, 04 Cayenne Turbo, just bught SL55
To a great extent you are quite right, the days of buying just one used car to get on the list for a new one at most dealers is gone. They have too many customers that have been buying from them for years to try and fit in. I can can that my dealer only found out about the CF option a few days ago, so I would say the man from NY is at least well informed. I have always found being tolerant on these boards works.

The sad thing is I know people that have done this and "bent" over buying used 550's and 575's from the dealer thinking that was their ticket to the inner circle only to be told "sorry", we just don't have enough allocation. I am hearing this more and more which is why i am thinking the G spyder will do pretty damn well.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:02 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2024 AMG G63, 2023 Bentley GTC Speed
Yeah but how many of those guys are on a car forum every day for hours at a time? He seems like a good guy but I think he got in over his head. The one pic he posted I guess was someone elses. If you fleets of exotics why wouldn't you have some pics on your computer or why wouldn't you ever show up at a meet in a Mclaren or a Zonda or something? It's fantasyland.
He was supposed to "get out" a few weeks ago, wasn't he?

Parole board's a b1tch, aint it?
Old 03-21-2006, 05:30 PM

996 supercharged C4cab widebody, x-5 (4.4), sl-55 kleeman, RR
Originally Posted by jl88
Only a person on the retail side will falsely believe that these cars hold value. Sorry, my point of view is from the dealers perspective. A simple test is to buy an F430 on ebay, then try to "flip it". You'll be eating a minimum 10k loss PLUS sales tax/registration. The only remote chance of making money on an exotic is if you can purchase it at msrp, which is becoming rare these days.

All the services offered by Premier Financial Services or Woodside Credit are hybrid finance/leases. Yes, that is how most people own exotics.
i'm sorry but i don't buy cars to make money from. it's something my wife will never understand, but it makes me happy.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:02 PM

That's really not true. The buzz isn't that Ferraris are going to get cold, it's that F430s are over inflated. The 360 was never pulling 80 over sticker its just rediculous. Almost everyone agrees the cars will stay hot for years to come but not 80-90k hot. Sooner or later they will go back to the old 15-50k over which is very different. As for the 575 that's a completely different ball game and you miss assesed that all together. The 575 has been out about a decade, that's why it isn't hot. The whole idea behind using a detuned enzo engine was to bring back the mainstream V12 to greatness. Ferrari has been planning this car to be the savior for years. The 599 is going to be HOT! Almost every dealer has 2+ year waiting lists. Shelton Ferrari in florida is sold out for their entire production allocation. I'm not trying to bust your ***** pal, but you are just wrong.

As far as 6speed vs. F1 there is always a 12k difference in price due to the cost in the transmission alone. Then as far as markup F1s always bring more money when it's this early and the prices are this crazy. I was talking to the owner of Cauley Ferrari who is a personal friend and he said that when they purchase used cars they pay almost the same minus the 10k for the car. It's not smart to jump on a f430 right now.

I highly recomend trying to get on a list for the 599 if you want to start the whole relationship with the dealer gambit but I warn you now, it's random. I tried to get in that type of situation for years and failed until I met the guys at Cauley. Just last week I was offered a new 430 spyder for an unbelievable price which I can't mention, but had to pass up because of the timing. I will tell you now if you can get in early on a 599 do it. The way most people start flipping the cars is they buy a new car at list and then flip it back to the dealer for their cost making 0 dollars. Then if the dealer likes you they magically find a spot for you on the next hot thing and if you continue to flip the cars back at your cost with low miles then you are in. Keep in mind you only get a few months and 500-1000 miles on the car if you're lucky. Then when you factor in the oppertunity cost and all that, it's not so cheap.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by Sl600996TT
That's really not true. The buzz isn't that Ferraris are going to get cold, it's that F430s are over inflated. The 360 was never pulling 80 over sticker its just rediculous. Almost everyone agrees the cars will stay hot for years to come but not 80-90k hot. Sooner or later they will go back to the old 15-50k over which is very different. As for the 575 that's a completely different ball game and you miss assesed that all together. The 575 has been out about a decade, that's why it isn't hot. The whole idea behind using a detuned enzo engine was to bring back the mainstream V12 to greatness. Ferrari has been planning this car to be the savior for years. The 599 is going to be HOT! Almost every dealer has 2+ year waiting lists. Shelton Ferrari in florida is sold out for their entire production allocation. I'm not trying to bust your ***** pal, but you are just wrong.

As far as 6speed vs. F1 there is always a 12k difference in price due to the cost in the transmission alone. Then as far as markup F1s always bring more money when it's this early and the prices are this crazy. I was talking to the owner of Cauley Ferrari who is a personal friend and he said that when they purchase used cars they pay almost the same minus the 10k for the car. It's not smart to jump on a f430 right now.

I highly recomend trying to get on a list for the 599 if you want to start the whole relationship with the dealer gambit but I warn you now, it's random. I tried to get in that type of situation for years and failed until I met the guys at Cauley. Just last week I was offered a new 430 spyder for an unbelievable price which I can't mention, but had to pass up because of the timing. I will tell you now if you can get in early on a 599 do it. The way most people start flipping the cars is they buy a new car at list and then flip it back to the dealer for their cost making 0 dollars. Then if the dealer likes you they magically find a spot for you on the next hot thing and if you continue to flip the cars back at your cost with low miles then you are in. Keep in mind you only get a few months and 500-1000 miles on the car if you're lucky. Then when you factor in the oppertunity cost and all that, it's not so cheap.
this man speaks the truth
Old 03-21-2006, 09:44 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label

Where did I say the 575 or 550 was hot or that the 360 was pulling 80k over? I stated that some people are "fooled" for lack of a better word into buying them at higher than market dealer prices because they feel it will help them get in on the next hot ferrari (in my opinion the V8). I completely disagree about your assessment on the 599. It will go down just like the 575. The first few will trade higher and then watch out. People want the wow factor in this segment and the mid engine boy racer style of the v8 is the one that has it. I had my ferrari and am done with the BS. I would consider a Gallardo Spyder when they can be had for sticker but I don't play the premium games. Its not that important for me to be first and there are too many good cars available at this point.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:34 PM
ON PROBATION

I have been extremely busy puting together two extremely large deals -- the details of which you won't hear about from me here.

Glad you missed me(!).

Hope to be out of here Thursday

I will say that we are selling our F430 Spyders at a markup. Usually we don't mark our cars up -- but we are with the Spyders because of the availability and production matrix (dang, Ferrari are animals about that! I swear, even with their increased production and all of the new models they are spitting out now they still limit production like big old hairy you-know-whats...)

My businesses are getting a bunch of 599's BTW.... I am taking two or three of them. I really like this car, and think that it may be the latest and greatest of - and the best of the latest of - Ferrari's.

...and the pics are coming....
Attached Thumbnails Good price for a F430 (New or Used)-599.1-large-medium-.jpg   Good price for a F430 (New or Used)-599.4-large-medium-.jpg   Good price for a F430 (New or Used)-599.7-large-medium-.jpg   Good price for a F430 (New or Used)-599.11-large-medium-.jpg   Good price for a F430 (New or Used)-599.15-large-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by ClayJ; 03-21-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by ClayJ
I have been extremely busy puting together two extremely large deals -- the details of which you won't hear about from me here.

Glad you missed me(!).

Hope to be out of here Thursday

I will say that we are selling our F430 Spyders at a markup. Usually we don't mark our cars up -- but we are with the Spyders because of the availability and production matrix (dang, Ferrari are animals about that! I swear, even with their increased production and all of the new models they are spitting out now they still limit production like big old hairy you-know-whats...)

My businesses are getting a bunch of 599's BTW.... I am taking two or three of them. I really like this car, and think that it may be the latest and greatest of - and the best of the latest of - Ferrari's.

...and the pics are coming....
so clay, the way you just worded that makes it sound like you are just a dealer of high end exotics? is that your connection to all these cars? are you just going to show us pics from showroom floors?
Old 03-21-2006, 11:51 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
so clay, the way you just worded that makes it sound like you are just a dealer of high end exotics? is that your connection to all these cars? are you just going to show us pics from showroom floors?
Between all the members on this board I think we can identify every major exotic dealer in the world so good luck if thats your new angle.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:17 AM
ON PROBATION

Nope. Originally I was going to share neat cars that came through the businesses -- but after that certain debacle I have determined that I will not do that now.

Pics will be of (some of) my cars -- I have more than enough in number and variety to suffice for the purpose of posting pics here and sharing here. Some of the even more special ones you'll see at a track event or GTG, car event, etc. - but most likely won't see pics of posted here.

I do own some of the businesses that are often referred to here on the forums -- but I doubt I will ever admit so here on the forums, that is a rule that I am pretty sure that I won't break. I, and my businesses, will remain seperate entities here.

The car businesses are of differing types, different functions in the automotive world, different places in the world at large.... Oh, and I did get into them - the first couple anyway - in the vein of supporting my car affection (or affliction).

These two deals are not inherently car-related; but I am sure there will be some cross-over with clientele.

Nothing mysterious really - just very big deals, so very complicated, and haven't had time to get on the forums with everything else that is going on. And the my getting out of the boonies and posting pics deal is still unchanged in substance and pending -- hang in there, shouldn't be too much longer....

Last edited by ClayJ; 03-22-2006 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
I have been around the Ferrari world for better than 20 years and there is no way that I would pay more than MSRP for what amounts to overproduced cars. Sure, every idiot with a good credit rating wants the latest bling thing. But the long term depreciation due to overproduction is obvious....just look at 360 prices....cars that people paid 50-100K over sticker are selling for ~50% of MSRP after 6 years.

People were paying $100K+ over for 360 spyders until 9/11 hit. Fortunately, I got out of mine in August '01. These are just cars. If you need a car to feel good about yourself, the money is better spent on a therapist.

Ferrari have become serious logo ****** that are willing to sell Enzo's name and logo to anyone and anything for a buck. Gone are the days when a Ferrari was truly rare and special. They are everywhere. It truly is a shame.

Lamborghini has mounted a challenge with an obviously superior car (Gallardo), from both a styling and engineering/performance standpoint. Anyone who has driven both and gives an honest opinion will attest to that. From a performance standpoint, our SL55's will run circles around 360's, 430's, 550/575's, etc. I know this, because I have done it on a regular basis.

There are apparently enough people that must have the best valet spot that they think the latest Fcar will get them, because it won't get them the best performance car.

Keep in mind that I love Ferrari and I have owned a bunch......so I am just being honest.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:28 AM

Where did I say the 575 or 550 was hot or that the 360 was pulling 80k over? I stated that some people are "fooled" for lack of a better word into buying them at higher than market dealer prices because they feel it will help them get in on the next hot ferrari (in my opinion the V8). I completely disagree about your assessment on the 599. It will go down just like the 575. The first few will trade higher and then watch out. People want the wow factor in this segment and the mid engine boy racer style of the v8 is the one that has it. I had my ferrari and am done with the BS. I would consider a Gallardo Spyder when they can be had for sticker but I don't play the premium games. Its not that important for me to be first and there are too many good cars available at this point.

I think you mis-read my post no where did I ever claim you said the 575s were hot nor the 550s. I also only sited the 360s in reference to the prices that the 430s have been selling for.

As far as the Gallardo spyder you are a fool to think that car will hold its value better then the F430. Lamborghinis are notorius for having horrible resale value. Show me one F430 coupe with 2000 miles for under MSRP. I can buy every new Gallardo in the country for MSRP no problem. Don't think a convertible top is going to make the Gallardo more desireable then the F430. The list for the G spider is up to 1-2 years at most dealers, the list for 430 spiders at every major dealer is closed for all of production.

The 599 is different then the 575 in that it is much much faster and a better performer. Historically the V12 cars weren't agressive looking and they couldn't hold their own with the V8s. This was the reason Ferrari worked so hard on the 599. This car demolishes lamborghinis crown jewl the murcilago. Name one 611hp car you can buy for 250k. I understand everyone's resoning behind thinking it will tank, I just strongly disagree.

Once again I think paying a huge premium for these cars is rediculous. I passed a F430 spider 6speed at list the other day knowing I can get an F1 soon even though I have never been on the list. Paying way over MSRP is good if you are made of money and want the car, but you will loose money. Say what you want about ferraris direction or their production numbers, but at the end of the day they are the best investment dollars wise in the car market today (speaking about V8s).

At the end of the day we are all car enthusiats and will buy what we want regardless of what our piers think or the cost. It's our money and by god will do what we want with it end of story.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
I have been around the Ferrari world for better than 20 years and there is no way that I would pay more than MSRP for what amounts to overproduced cars. Sure, every idiot with a good credit rating wants the latest bling thing. But the long term depreciation due to overproduction is obvious....just look at 360 prices....cars that people paid 50-100K over sticker are selling for ~50% of MSRP after 6 years.

People were paying $100K+ over for 360 spyders until 9/11 hit. Fortunately, I got out of mine in August '01. These are just cars. If you need a car to feel good about yourself, the money is better spent on a therapist.

Ferrari have become serious logo ****** that are willing to sell Enzo's name and logo to anyone and anything for a buck. Gone are the days when a Ferrari was truly rare and special. They are everywhere. It truly is a shame.

Lamborghini has mounted a challenge with an obviously superior car (Gallardo), from both a styling and engineering/performance standpoint. Anyone who has driven both and gives an honest opinion will attest to that. From a performance standpoint, our SL55's will run circles around 360's, 430's, 550/575's, etc. I know this, because I have done it on a regular basis.

There are apparently enough people that must have the best valet spot that they think the latest Fcar will get them, because it won't get them the best performance car.

Keep in mind that I love Ferrari and I have owned a bunch......so I am just being honest.
OT: can you please PM your asking price and color of your F40 for sale along with mileage and year, i know someone who has recently begun a search for an f40 to add to their stable.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:53 AM

well we are in the sl65 (604hp) message forum remember..

---

Name one 611hp car you can buy for 250k. I understand everyone's resoning behind thinking it will tank, I just strongly disagree.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:04 AM

04 575, 04 Cayenne Turbo, just bught SL55
I have seen you on the Ferrarichat board and like you have been around Ferraris for over 20 years. I do question some of what you have said. I have yet to see even a 1999 360 coupe (MSRP low 140's in gearshift) sell for 50% of its MSRP. Some early spiders are still getting close to MSRP. I have a moded SL55 (flywheel and ecu done by Oliver) with 19's, and unless the 430 is being driven by my 87 year old mother my SL55 is not going to run circles around it. I have owned in the last 5 years alone over 90 different cars, most of them moded to extremes, I have even tried having the steering systems ripped out about rebuilt to try a duplicate the driver feedback you get from a modern Ferrari. I like lambos (to look at) they feel dead like most AWD cars feel to me. I drive Ferraris not because they are the best performing car, or that I have any need to impress anyone (since I usually drive my cars as the sun comes up and the roads are empty so I can truly enjoy the drive), I drive Ferraris because nothing else I have ever driven can match the connection to the car I have with them while driving. I'm not talking about 0-60 (I can teach a chip to push a gas pedal and go straight. I'm talking about L turns at 65 mph and trying to keep the car planted as you swing into the next turn. I am lucky enough to have roads around here like that. I love cars, but I love to drive even more.

Originally Posted by IngenereAMG

Old 03-22-2006, 12:14 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
I think you mis-read my post no where did I ever claim you said the 575s were hot nor the 550s. I also only sited the 360s in reference to the prices that the 430s have been selling for.

As far as the Gallardo spyder you are a fool to think that car will hold its value better then the F430. Lamborghinis are notorius for having horrible resale value. Show me one F430 coupe with 2000 miles for under MSRP. I can buy every new Gallardo in the country for MSRP no problem. Don't think a convertible top is going to make the Gallardo more desireable then the F430. The list for the G spider is up to 1-2 years at most dealers, the list for 430 spiders at every major dealer is closed for all of production.

The 599 is different then the 575 in that it is much much faster and a better performer. Historically the V12 cars weren't agressive looking and they couldn't hold their own with the V8s. This was the reason Ferrari worked so hard on the 599. This car demolishes lamborghinis crown jewl the murcilago. Name one 611hp car you can buy for 250k. I understand everyone's resoning behind thinking it will tank, I just strongly disagree.

Once again I think paying a huge premium for these cars is rediculous. I passed a F430 spider 6speed at list the other day knowing I can get an F1 soon even though I have never been on the list. Paying way over MSRP is good if you are made of money and want the car, but you will loose money. Say what you want about ferraris direction or their production numbers, but at the end of the day they are the best investment dollars wise in the car market today (speaking about V8s).

At the end of the day we are all car enthusiats and will buy what we want regardless of what our piers think or the cost. It's our money and by god will do what we want with it end of story.

Do you just have poor reading comprehention? I know the whole Ferrari market as I have been a part of it and around it for years. At no time did I say the Gallardo or Gallardo Spyder will have better resale than the 430. As Dino stated, Ferrari is a marketing giant and there are people willing to pay crazy premiums to play the game. (for the v8's) My whole point was I wonder how all the new choices (the gallardo spyder, ford gt, db9, cont gt, etc.) will effect long term sales because the 360 really had no competition. If you had a chance to buy a 430 spider for sticker and passed then you are a fool because they are still bringing 60-70 over. Go ahead and buy the 599 and see what happens when they start flooding in to the market.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:42 PM

i think the exhaust sound on a ferrari is enough reasoning to buy one.. who cares about comparing speed/handling/price with any other car when one has a car that sounds like the car angels are singing....

Do you just have poor reading comprehention? I know the whole Ferrari market as I have been a part of it and around it for years. At no time did I say the Gallardo or Gallardo Spyder will have better resale than the 430. As Dino stated, Ferrari is a marketing giant and there are people willing to pay crazy premiums to play the game. (for the v8's) My whole point was I wonder how all the new choices (the gallardo spyder, ford gt, db9, cont gt, etc.) will effect long term sales because the 360 really had no competition. If you had a chance to buy a 430 spider for sticker and passed then you are a fool because they are still bringing 60-70 over. Go ahead and buy the 599 and see what happens when they start flooding in to the market.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by seattlecarfreak
i think the exhaust sound on a ferrari is enough reasoning to buy one.. who cares about comparing speed/handling/price with any other car when one has a car that sounds like the car angels are singing....
werd, sound is sick but you havent heard anything until youve heard a CS with capristo level 3 and no cats (sounds like a formula 1 car) or a 360 with NGT and no cats and custom headers (sounds like a lemans race car - loud, obnoxious, dirty, raw all come to mind, lol)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Good price for a F430 (New or Used)