SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Good price for a F430 (New or Used)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Good price for a F430 (New or Used)

Might be a little off topic but I suspect I'd get a good response from SL AMG owners... What's a good/decent price or what should I expect to pay for a mint condition Ferrari F430 w/ low miles...

Any input would be appreciated.

~ Ian
Old 03-20-2006, 04:59 PM

996 supercharged C4cab widebody, x-5 (4.4), sl-55 kleeman, RR
6 speed coupe 220k is great, realistic price is 230-240k. if your truly interested in a red 1k miles let me know.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by eride
6 speed coupe 220k is great, realistic price is 230-240k. if your truly interested in a red 1k miles let me know.
If I bite, I'm looking into buying in April some time (probably after 4/15) but should tell you I'm still in the exploratory phase...

~Ian
Old 03-20-2006, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
Originally Posted by IanSL55
If I bite, I'm looking into buying in April some time (probably after 4/15) but should tell you I'm still in the exploratory phase...

~Ian

becareful with the F1 tranny,a family friend has gone through two clutches and had to get his car toed several times from clutch falure. i think it was a recalled thing after all of it.
the last i heard, as soon as the warrenty is up, he is dumpung it.

but, he said that it is 100Xs better then the 360S

he has a 430Spyder.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Almost a Member!

I know a friend has a few brand new '05s. They are FULLY loaded with ALL options...ceramic brakes, daytona seats, CF interior etc etc...
Old 03-20-2006, 07:46 PM

i assume 6 speed is where your at, if you do your homework you'll know. f1 is nice but a 430 is a weekend car traffic not being an issue so why buy an automatic, you want to have some fun. i have a few friends that made the mistake and would do it differently now. it's like buying a 996tt in chicktronic, it just ain't right. good luck in your search.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:55 PM

i assume 6 speed is where your at, if you do your homework you'll know. f1 is nice but a 430 is a weekend car traffic not being an issue so why buy an automatic, you want to have some fun. i have a few friends that made the mistake and would do it differently now. it's like buying a 996tt in chicktronic, it just ain't right. good luck in your search.
Absolutely a six speed for the very reasons you point out... the SL55 is for the daily commute! I'll probably PM you shortly... Just getting the ball rolling on this!

Originally Posted by RedMongoosE
becareful with the F1 tranny,a family friend has gone through two clutches and had to get his car toed several times from clutch falure. i think it was a recalled thing after all of it. the last i heard, as soon as the warrenty is up, he is dumpung it. but, he said that it is 100Xs better then the 360S.
That's exactly why I'm interested in it over the Modena. Thanks for the heads-up.

~ Ian
Old 03-20-2006, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last time I checked, 30-40k over MSRP. 6-speed was on the low end, fully equipped F1 tran on the high end. Prices are going to take a nice kick in the *** when the new Murci comes out in the next few months.

Bah, you live in OC. Mercedes is over sold. Trade in your whole stable. Pick up the F430 and a Bentley Flying Spur. If you're leasing/financing, you're probably looking $4kish a month total for both cars. You're probably expensing it anyways, so who cares. Make a statement.

When I sold my SL back in 2004, I vowed I would never buy another Mercedes for leisure/enjoyment. Exotic is the only way to go.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:03 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Originally Posted by jl88
Last time I checked, 30-40k over MSRP. 6-speed was on the low end, fully equipped F1 tran on the high end. Prices are going to take a nice kick in the *** when the new Murci comes out in the next few months.

Bah, you live in OC. Mercedes is over sold. Trade in your whole stable. Pick up the F430 and a Bentley Flying Spur. If you're leasing/financing, you're probably looking $4kish a month total for both cars. You're probably expensing it anyways, so who cares. Make a statement.

When I sold my SL back in 2004, I vowed I would never buy another Mercedes for leisure/enjoyment. Exotic is the only way to go.

A 430 and a flying spur would be nice but 4kper month lease for both is waaay low. The 430 at min would be 230 and the Bentley would be min 185 so I would say closer to 6k.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:41 PM

lease a 430, why. it holds it's value better than any other exotic on the market. you must be kidding or just plan stupid. exotics are not lease cars unless you really can't afford them anyhow.

as for the 430 taking a kick in the *** because a new murci is coming out is crazy talk. you obviously don't understand the market or too young to be driving one anyhow. you my friend must be reacher than rich or fronting like some baller.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
too bad youre not in the nyc area, i have 2 friends (1 getting blk/blk/6spd in april and 1 getting red/tan/6spd in may) who are always on the dealers list and will be flipping for a quick profit.

imo if youre gonna pay the premium for a used joint why not play the exotic game the right way. go to your local fcar dealer, buy one of their overpriced used 360cs or whatever guaranteeing yourself a build spot on the the 430 list. configure the 430 the way you want and pay msrp and then when it comes in you decide flip right away and make $$$, keep for a few and make $$ or sell back to the dealer and start the whole cycle over again. i know it will be a while before you see the 430 as the dealerships are getting like 2 in per month if theyre lucky but if youre gonna pay a premium now might as well have your money work for you. several of my friends do this with the fcar dealer here in ny and make a killing on all the new cars. the dealer sells to them at msrp, they use for a few then sell back to the dealer who then resells for a profit, a nice big money making cycle, you just gotta pay that premium to get in on it.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 C230 K
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
too bad youre not in the nyc area, i have 2 friends (1 getting blk/blk/6spd in april and 1 getting red/tan/6spd in may) who are always on the dealers list and will be flipping for a quick profit.

imo if youre gonna pay the premium for a used joint why not play the exotic game the right way. go to your local fcar dealer, buy one of their overpriced used 360cs or whatever guaranteeing yourself a build spot on the the 430 list. configure the 430 the way you want and pay msrp and then when it comes in you decide flip right away and make $$$, keep for a few and make $$ or sell back to the dealer and start the whole cycle over again. i know it will be a while before you see the 430 as the dealerships are getting like 2 in per month if theyre lucky but if youre gonna pay a premium now might as well have your money work for you. several of my friends do this with the fcar dealer here in ny and make a killing on all the new cars. the dealer sells to them at msrp, they use for a few then sell back to the dealer who then resells for a profit, a nice big money making cycle, you just gotta pay that premium to get in on it.
yea, I wish I had the $200gs to start in this cycle.....considering the amazing resale value of ferraris over every other exotic, maybe in a few years .
Old 03-20-2006, 11:34 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
This crazy inflated ferrari market has only applied to the 360 and now the 430 (and Enzo of coarse) and it will be interesting to see if it continues since now there is actually real competition in this market. After ths Gallardo Spyder hits the market we will see if people are still willing to pay 50k over sticker for a 430 spider. People are getting tired of the Ferrari politics and with all the new choices I can't imagine the prices will stay elevated like the 360 did for so long. The 575 dropped like a rock and I bet the 599 will do the same.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by Juice it
and it will be interesting to see if it continues since now there is actually real competition in this market. After ths Gallardo Spyder hits the market we will see if people are still willing to pay 50k over sticker for a 430 spide.
i think they will, when you buy a ferrari youre buying more than just a car, theres history/heritage, presitge, etc and a feeling that you get when you drive an fcar that you dont get with a gallaudi. i think part of the draw of ferrari is that they are so sought after and that was enzo ferraris whole idea, build one less car than what the market demands, theres a mystique with ferrari. anyone can go into a lambo dealer and throw cash down and walk out with a brand new whip for around msrp (of course theres exceptions like the new SE in white where there were only 9 made or 9 brought to the states i forget, 1 of which my friend just picked up 2 weeks ago from LoBH), you cant do that with ferrari. but like you im curious to see what way the market goes.

Last edited by BklynBenz; 03-21-2006 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:58 AM

Thanks for the input guys...

Speculating when it comes to automobiles is a little beyond my comfort (and attention) level... though owning a exotic is something on my to-do list (Brooke Burke is also on my TO-DO list so note that I won't necessarily be getting everything done).

If I do drop the 230 some-odd dimes on the car... What should I expect the resale number to be in 2-3 years with nominal mileage?

~ Ian
Old 03-21-2006, 09:37 AM

04 575, 04 Cayenne Turbo, just bught SL55
I have been involved in the Ferrari world a long time. My gearshift 430 coupe will arrive in June. Cars are trading at high premiums right now do to 2006 dealer allocations. I've seen dealers pay 80K over sticker for spiders. My coupe will come in at 185 and I could get 245 for easily. I have a strong relationship with a few dealer including Alger (I've bought 5 cars in the last 4 years from them) and few others, be glad to help you try and find a car. Also try Ferrarichat.com (my handle is the same there), some very helpful people there and many are in similiar situations.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Carnut
I have been involved in the Ferrari world a long time. My gearshift 430 coupe will arrive in June. Cars are trading at high premiums right now do to 2006 dealer allocations. I've seen dealers pay 80K over sticker for spiders. My coupe will come in at 185 and I could get 245 for easily. I have a strong relationship with a few dealer including Alger (I've bought 5 cars in the last 4 years from them) and few others, be glad to help you try and find a car. Also try Ferrarichat.com (my handle is the same there), some very helpful people there and many are in similiar situations.
the speculation that the f430 might not be produced for it's full cycle in the US due to safety concerns makes it's even more desirable right now... no doubt, a brand new f430 is the "it" car to have right now.. and plenty are in line... gallardo and murc are old hat

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The federal government may ban sales of Ferrari's bread-and-butter F430 in late 2006 unless the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration grants the company a waiver on airbag requirements.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=108934
Old 03-21-2006, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
My gearshift 430 coupe will arrive in June.
i just saw my friends june allocation order sheet and theres a new option on there that wasnt there before, a new carbon fiber challenge grill! if i was you i would contact my dealer and ask them if you can get that ****, **** looks fresssssssssh
Old 03-21-2006, 11:53 AM

Thanks, just called my dealer, can only be put cars with June builds and beyond. I am going to call Valence they made carbon fiber for my other F cars.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:59 PM

lease a 430, why. it holds it's value better than any other exotic on the market. you must be kidding or just plan stupid. exotics are not lease cars unless you really can't afford them anyhow.

as for the 430 taking a kick in the *** because a new murci is coming out is crazy talk. you obviously don't understand the market or too young to be driving one anyhow. you my friend must be reacher than rich or fronting like some baller.
Only a person on the retail side will falsely believe that these cars hold value. Sorry, my point of view is from the dealers perspective. A simple test is to buy an F430 on ebay, then try to "flip it". You'll be eating a minimum 10k loss PLUS sales tax/registration. The only remote chance of making money on an exotic is if you can purchase it at msrp, which is becoming rare these days.

All the services offered by Premier Financial Services or Woodside Credit are hybrid finance/leases. Yes, that is how most people own exotics.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:32 PM

BKLYN BENZ .. you just called it a gallaudi LOL hahaha

you gotta admit the white one is crazy.. !

how much profit do you make from doing these exotic car flips...?? and how much do you need to start?? get at me with the info.. THANKS!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:49 PM

I have never bought a car to make money on, in fact with the exception of the Ferrari's I've owned in the last four years I've probably lost over 120k on switching cars. Funny thing is I could care less, I just love cars.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:52 PM

I have never bought a car to make money on, in fact with the exception of the Ferrari's I've owned in the last four years I've probably lost over 120k on switching cars. Funny thing is I could care less, I just love cars.
True car aficionado.

It's obvious when someone with true wealth posts (see above) compared to some tool pimping his parent's cars (half the tards on MBworld).
Old 03-21-2006, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
my friends dont do it to make money thats just an added bonus of having the first few allocations at a dealer for all the new cars. some choose to hold onto their cars while most of my friends keep for under a year, sell back to the dealer who then resells for a profit and repeat the process. they like getting the new 'it' car and this process makes it very doable.

egnahc, to get in you gotta basically overpay for a used fcar from the dealer. ex. pay $207k for a used 360CS vs. getting a used one via private sale/ebay for anywhere from $155-$180. paying that premium from the dealer gets you a spot on their lists. my local dealer, ferrari of long island, if you walk in there and want to put a deposit down on a 430, even if you have a bag full of cash they will turn you away, they are looking for repeat customers and customers that will work with them ie. sell back to them in the near future.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:23 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
my friends dont do it to make money thats just an added bonus of having the first few allocations at a dealer for all the new cars. some choose to hold onto their cars while most of my friends keep for under a year, sell back to the dealer who then resells for a profit and repeat the process. they like getting the new 'it' car and this process makes it very doable.

egnahc, to get in you gotta basically overpay for a used fcar from the dealer. ex. pay $207k for a used 360CS vs. getting a used one via private sale/ebay for anywhere from $155-$180. paying that premium from the dealer gets you a spot on their lists. my local dealer, ferrari of long island, if you walk in there and want to put a deposit down on a 430, even if you have a bag full of cash they will turn you away, they are looking for repeat customers and customers that will work with them ie. sell back to them in the near future.

The sad thing is I know people that have done this and "bent" over buying used 550's and 575's from the dealer thinking that was their ticket to the inner circle only to be told "sorry", we just don't have enough allocation. I am hearing this more and more which is why i am thinking the G spyder will do pretty damn well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Good price for a F430 (New or Used)