SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: New to the SL55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the SL55

im new to this whole sl55 game, infact im sort of new to mercedes all together.

i have this burning question as to whether or not its humanly possible to delete the governer built in to this beauty.. i know its all electronic and will surely cost thousands of dollars and a new ecu.. but i just want it to go a smidge faster.

are there any tuners out there willing to break this barrier? i know of such setups for other cars.. its a simple question, i mean feel free to flame me all you want but sometimes no matter how illegal it is, the 206mph limit found over seas is a hole in my heart
Old 04-25-2007, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lotus Elise SLK55
Originally Posted by therise

i have this burning question as to whether or not its humanly possible to delete the governer built in to this beauty.. i know its all electronic and will surely cost thousands of dollars and a new ecu.. but i just want it to go a smidge faster.

are there any tuners out there willing to break this barrier? i know of such setups for other cars.. its a simple question, i mean feel free to flame me all you want but sometimes no matter how illegal it is, the 206mph limit found over seas is a hole in my heart
Yes, its very easy to do. Contact Kleemann or Renntech, I believe their ecu is around 1,000$... it'll probably give you 10hp as a side benefit. When you do the ecu, you might as well get their kompressor pulley for more boost to gain some real power.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:15 PM

thanks, ill have to get in touch with them. now its time for some sleep its been a hell of a long day.

again, thanks for the fast response.. im new to MB
Old 04-25-2007, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. It's an awesome car!

Old 04-26-2007, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Congratulations on your SL 55 purchase! Welcome to the MB family..If you have any questions on the Renntech ECU upgrade, feel free to inquire anytime.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
congrats on the new car!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Great car! I love mine! Enjoy........
Old 05-04-2007, 05:14 PM

dont tell me that you traded in your nissan sunny for an SL..Ur joking