SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: my GF and my SL65...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL65
my GF and my SL65...

well, she badgered me until i gave in...

her car is at her parents' place, and she's got the lexus rx for moving a few boxes. she's got court in the morning and wouldn't be seen dead behind the wheel of the rx, especially when taking care of something for someone whose daily drivers are porsches and F-cars.

of course, i knew it was a pretense to get the wheel of my car, but i gave in. so, now the waiting begins. i have to believe that she'll find every road irregularity and drive straight through, as she does with her lexus sc. but i couldn't hold out forever.

anyway, i'm about to take the plunge for a CLK63BE. i really should skip it and get the G instead. at least with that, she'd create road irregularities instead of finding them.

but until the G arrives, please keep your fingers crossed for the SL, which might never be the same after tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:21 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
I truly feel for you, but when you get it back you will think there is something different.... i will assume it will all be in your mind, like all of us car lovers out there
fingers crossed for you ;p
Old 05-29-2007, 02:51 AM

she's embarassed to be seen in a lexus rx?

Originally Posted by david_101

her car is at her parents' place, and she's got the lexus rx for moving a few boxes. she's got court in the morning and wouldn't be seen dead behind the wheel of the rx, especially when taking care of something for someone whose daily drivers are porsches and F-cars.

of course, i knew it was a pretense to get the wheel of my car, but i gave in. so, now the waiting begins. i have to believe that she'll find every road irregularity and drive straight through, as she does with her lexus sc. but i couldn't hold out forever.

anyway, i'm about to take the plunge for a CLK63BE. i really should skip it and get the G instead. at least with that, she'd create road irregularities instead of finding them.

but until the G arrives, please keep your fingers crossed for the SL, which might never be the same after tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
Originally Posted by seattlecarfreak
she's embarassed to be seen in a lexus rx?
hahaha
Old 05-29-2007, 03:15 AM

SLK 55 AMG
I hope she's not too high maintenance... those girls tend to bite you back one day. And not in a good way.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL
Old 05-29-2007, 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Cool

My wife drives the SL on a regular basis (we swap when I need more space),just the other day blew away some pesky C6 Vette on the I-94.(Got a call from a friend who witnessed the "event" from his S550).
She can not wait to get her hands on 599...
Old 05-29-2007, 09:56 AM

2005 SL65
high maintenance...

that, she is. actually, she says matter-of-factly that she's "extremely" high maintenance. and she means it. LOL.

but so is the SL65...at least mine is.

high maintenance things do tend to bite back, if one doesn't maintain them properly. as is said, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. and i must say that having her is very much worthwhile, disregarding maintenance and petty complaints. i cannot imagine i'd enjoy life so much without her.

i knew at some point i'd have to give in and let her drive without me being in the car. the day arrived. i just want to avoid there bing many more days like today.

if it all sounds like melodrama, well, you don't know her history with cars. we're not talking crashes, but rather stuff like becoming stranded on a median, scratching a car's itch on a garage column, creating and then being oblivious to creaks and rattles, and of course removing paint down to bare metal probably while playing chicken with a gate arm. how's that for some history?

over time, a designo graphite nano-finish wouldn't stand up to her punishments, and i have neither time nor patience to clean up avoidable messes, be they cosmetic blemishes or bent wheels or a damaged chin spoiler.

you get my point, right?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
... we're not talking crashes, but rather stuff like becoming stranded on a median, scratching a car's itch on a garage column, creating and then being oblivious to creaks and rattles, and of course removing paint down to bare metal probably while playing chicken with a gate arm. ...
At least you have a sense of humor about it ... and good insurance, right?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Unhappy Lending the Car

My GF is high maintenance too. But like you said.
Way worth it. She turns heads and I like that allot.

I feel your pain. Her Van is in the shop.
And its been almost a month. I am letting her use the CL500.
She has 2 kids that I love dearly. But if you saw the van you would
see my pain. Already have some blue paint from some school project
on the back seat. Hope to get the CL back and detailed soon.
She is getting too attached to my CL. As far as my SL55.
I have let her drive it with me in it. And she has asked a couple times
when she goes out with her G-Friend to borrow it.
Now that she has had the CL for so long I can sense the entitlement.
But I am going to hold out as long as I can on the SL55.
This girl has parking issues "Bumpers are made for bumping". Yikes !
Old 05-29-2007, 01:26 PM

2005 SL600, 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
bltserv,

Hope you have Parktronic on the SL!
Old 05-29-2007, 01:42 PM

2005 SL65
sense of humor...

too true. plenty of humor in reserve.

parktronic...yup, every option other than distronic.

insurance...plenty, with max limits and a big umbrella. but that's not the worry.

for instance, if the car were totalled while protecting her, then i wouldn't give two hoots. as long as she were okay, big deal about the car.

but if the car were anything other than totalled without a crash, then i'd be dealing with claims, adjustors, police, dealer, body shop, alternate drive and inspecting the repaired car for defects/deficiencies. and let's not forget the mark on the title. just a giant hassle that i wouldn't want to deal with.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Hope you get your 65 back without a scratch
Old 05-29-2007, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Worthless

This thread is worthless without the pics of the high maintenance ladies ...
Old 05-29-2007, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by SLK55R
This thread is worthless without the pics of the high maintenance ladies ...
I knew i was missing something in my post

Pics or...

Old 05-29-2007, 04:37 PM

2005 SL65
pics...

perhaps i'll post one of her in a CL63 during november...
Old 05-29-2007, 04:38 PM

2005 SL65
no scratches...

got the car back midday, and took it to MB for washing, after which i found NO problems. off the hook!
Old 05-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Originally Posted by JackStraw
bltserv,

Hope you have Parktronic on the SL!
Thats part of the problem. Parktronic.
Got it in the CL and she has figured out how to use it.
But dont have it in the SL55.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar

Is this a joke? "Embarassed to be seen in XXXXXX"....and you had to loan her your SL55. Give me a break! She is lucky she is not riding the bus.

She needs a swift kick in the rear, a better job......and a bus pass.

Last edited by IngenereAMG; 05-29-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
Is this a joke? "Embarassed to be seen in XXXXXX"....and you had to loan her your SL55. Give me a break! She is lucky she is not riding the bus.

She needs a swift kick in the rear, a better job......and a bus pass.

I'm not a Californian but wifey is an OC girl through and through. Her and her friends know the difference between an A4 and an S4 etc etc despite not knowing anything about engines or how to drive. Here it's all about status. She was perfectly happy with the 4.6iS as it was bought brand new, fully loaded and is really rare. However, the moment the new X5 was released the murmerings started. "Oh I like the new Cayenne" and so forth. The sad thing is, I'm going to buckle.

I cannot understand fully it but this is how some girls were raised. Her and her friends all had Lexus RXs, CLK's and 3-series from the age of 16 and just have to have the latest things. I guess it's doubly bad as they're Korean and that culture demands the big and the flashy
Old 05-29-2007, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
heh heh

Sucks to be you ...

Hey if you don't mind then keep up the high maintenance ... what do we know!
Old 05-29-2007, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by transferred

I'm not a Californian but wifey is an OC girl through and through. Her and her friends know the difference between an A4 and an S4 etc etc despite not knowing anything about engines or how to drive. Here it's all about status. She was perfectly happy with the 4.6iS as it was bought brand new, fully loaded and is really rare. However, the moment the new X5 was released the murmerings started. "Oh I like the new Cayenne" and so forth. The sad thing is, I'm going to buckle.

I cannot understand fully it but this is how some girls were raised. Her and her friends all had Lexus RXs, CLK's and 3-series from the age of 16 and just have to have the latest things. I guess it's doubly bad as they're Korean and that culture demands the big and the flashy

If they are into flashy, and performance......that's great. So am I. The difference is......I work for it.

If she is from the OC and wants that stuff, super!.....SHE needs to get a job and buy it....NOT me! Just because she spends a little 'time on her back' for me, doesn't require me to buy her a car. If that's what she is there for...is it really worth having her around? At that point it just might be better (and cost effective) to get a dog for companionship and a hooker for the other stuff!
Old 05-29-2007, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
If they are into flashy, and performance......that's great. So am I. The difference is......I work for it.

If she is from the OC and wants that stuff, super!.....SHE needs to get a job and buy it....NOT me! Just because she spends a little 'time on her back' for me, doesn't require me to buy her a car. If that's what she is there for...is it really worth having her around? At that point it just might be better (and cost effective) to get a dog for companionship and a hooker for the other stuff!
I asked her to quit her job before our first was due. A stay at home mother is important to a childs development. She is independently well off but we never get into the issue of money.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:43 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Mine works too. With 2 young kids and a divorce in process.
She too has family money. So not a big isuue for me
to help out and lend the CL500 while her Kid Van is down
for a tranny under warranty. Note: Never buy a FORD product.

So take it easy you non-Cali. guys. This is the OC.
Nothing wrong with a little bling. Beautiful weather.
Beautiful girls. Nice cars. Life is to enjoy. Dont be bitter.

And dont for a moment think we dont work hard too.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:23 PM

2005 SL65
GFs who work...

mine does, and admittedly much more than i.

she needs nothing from me, being at the top of her field and widely recognized.

i'm debating about which images if any to post and just how to visually redact them. for now, i'll post a few action shots of her driving slalom and at speed around the track, both in a CLK63.
Attached Thumbnails my GF and my SL65...-amg-2006nov-051-edit02.jpg  
Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: my GF and my SL65...